Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Serious question about the Alejandro MV

Andreu

Featured Posts

Andreu

Okay, call me a flop fan or whatever, but I've been watching the Alejandro MV a few times recently and I really don't get what's going on. So what's the plot of the video :poot:

I know there are possibly many different interpretations, but mine has so many blank spaces it doesn't even makes sense :poot:

Quartz

I will copy my explanation from a similar question to yours loooong ago. Strap in kid, this will be a fun ride ;) For best results, watch the MV play by play as you read through the scene by scene explanations :)

The explanation I always believed was the life of gays in the military and the public in general. The start shows Gaga mourning a person in a coffin plus her holding a heart entwined with barbed wire. This is reminiscent of the heart of Christ so this might signify the death of her devotion to the church or her Christian belief. She is oppressed by religion. A scene afterwards shows a guy holding a golden gun surrounded by a lot of strings. This signifies the control of society over gays most especially the public.

Next scene shows Gaga wearing a crown like thing staring down at a group of men dancing. This Gaga symbolizes the church and its ever present watchful eye over the population. You can notice that the guys dancing have very rough movements and a lot of sexual aggressiveness. This signifies the masking of the desires of closeted men under the eye of the public and religion.

Next, you'll see Gaga almost nude with 3 men in beds. You'll notice that the guys are wearing heels while engaging in rough sexy scenes with Gaga. This is because the gays can only express their true selves at night.

Several things to note is their blank expressions every time they dance. It's like their lives are a carefully planned choreography. You'll also notice that while their faces are blank, the background screen shows fire and turmoil signifying the inner emotions these people are experiencing. You will also notice that all their clothes and their hair (including Gaga) are the same. This symbolizes the lack of individuality in religion and if you fit a specific mold, you are safe from their claws.

The next scene shows Gaga singing on top of a stage singing Alejandro Alejando over and over again. If you look closely, you'll notice crosses behind her. Looks familiar? It's like how a preacher looks like when giving a sermon. This further confirms that Alejandro, Fernando and Roberto are indeed about God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. The church spews the doctrine repeatedly like the tiring repitition of the word Alejandro in the music video.

You will now see Gaga dressed in white latex with a lot of red crosses as design. This is her as the church again. This time she is surrounded by the dancers earlier. They dance and eventually Gaga is thrown repeatedly upwards. She then strips and the men "feasts" upon her. This is the only scene I find too much because I think this signifies the people overthrowing the church.

Lastly, you'll see her laying in bed, surrounded by strings and wearing a nun's habit. This to me looks like her, a christian girl, tied to Christian beliefs dreaming about all the prior scenes because she can't break free. She instead swallows the rosary to show her rebellion and she burns. This "death" is her burning at the stake, judged by the public and the church, caused by her highly controversial stance.

I stand by equal rights for all but I think killing the church is a tad bit too much. Still, the video is a masterpiece and I really like the amount of symbolism here.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Andreu
2 minutes ago, hellothing said:

I will copy my explanation from a similar question to yours loooong ago. Strap in kid, this will be a fun ride ;) For best results, watch the MV play by play as you read through the scene by scene explanations :)

The explanation I always believed was the life of gays in the military and the public in general. The start shows Gaga mourning a person in a coffin plus her holding a heart entwined with barbed wire.

n. A scene afterwards shows a guy holding a golden gun surrounded by a lot of strings. This signifies the control of society over gays most especially the public.

Next scene shows Gaga wearing a crown like thing staring down at a group of men dancing. This Gaga symbolizes the church and its ever present watchful eye over the population. You can notice that the guys dancing have very rough movements and a lot of sexual aggressiveness. This signifies the masking of the desires of closeted men under the eye of the public and religion.

Next, you'll see Gaga almost nude with 3 men in beds. You'll notice that the guys are wearing heels while engaging in rough sexy scenes with Gaga. This is because the gays can only express their true selves at night.

Several things to note is their blank expressions every time they dance. It's like their lives are a carefully planned choreography. You'll also notice that while their faces are blank, the background screen shows fire and turmoil signifying the inner emotions these people are experiencing. You will also notice that all their clothes and their hair (including Gaga) are the same. This symbolizes the lack of individuality in religion and if you fit a specific mold, you are safe from their claws.

The next scene shows Gaga singing on top of a stage singing Alejandro Alejando over and over again. If you look closely, you'll notice crosses behind her. Looks familiar? It's like how a preacher looks like when giving a sermon. This further confirms that Alejandro, Fernando and Roberto are indeed about God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. The church spews the doctrine repeatedly like the tiring repitition of the word Alejandro in the music video.

You will now see Gaga dressed in white latex with a lot of red crosses as design. This is her as the church again. This time she is surrounded by the dancers earlier. They dance and eventually Gaga is thrown repeatedly upwards. She then strips and the men "feasts" upon her. This is the only scene I find too much because I think this signifies the people overthrowing the church.

Lastly, you'll see her laying in bed, surrounded by strings and wearing a nun's habit. This to me looks like her, a christian girl, tied to Christian beliefs dreaming about all the prior scenes because she can't break free. She instead swallows the rosary to show her rebellion and she burns. This "death" is her burning at the stake, judged by the public and the church, caused by her highly controversial stance.

I stand by equal rights for all but I think killing the church is a tad bit too much. Still, the video is a masterpiece and I really like the amount of symbolism here.

Shooketh this makes too much sense. Specially the part I underlined. Much better than mine.

And the part were the post. Chorus is repeated three thousand times and she sings and dances? What do u think? I feel like it has to mean something but I honestly can't see what.

5 minutes ago, hellothing said:

The explanation I always believed was the life of gays in the military and the public in general. The start shows Gaga mourning a person in a coffin plus her holding a heart entwined with barbed wire. This is reminiscent of the heart of Christ so this might signify the death of her devotion to the church or her Christian belief. She is oppressed by religion. A scene afterwards shows a guy holding a golden gun surrounded by a lot of strings. This signifies the control of society over gays most especially the public.

Best explanation of the video I've seen so far. :unicorn: 

GAGA || TAYLOR || BJÖRK || KENDRICK || LANA || NICKI || MADONNA || KANYE || BEYONCÉ || MARIAH || MCR || KATE || RINA || CHARLI || FIONA

Quartz
2 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Shooketh this makes too much sense. Specially the part I underlined. Much better than mine.

And the part were the post. Chorus is repeated three thousand times and she sings and dances? What do u think? I feel like it has to mean something but I honestly can't see what.

Was that different from the 'preaching'? I honestly think it's the Church's insistence that everything should be centered on God's word. Like, they're repeatedly forcing you to follow God all the time.

Bloodyjack
1 hour ago, hellothing said:

Case closed

3 hours ago, hellothing said:

I like how its so complex and yet its still a go to summer bop for the gp who have no idea about all of this.

NewUsername
7 minutes ago, UK Monster said:

I like how its so complex and yet its still a go to summer bop for the gp who have no idea about all of this.

Gaga really is the best in this

Joshie S
4 hours ago, hellothing said:

woah.

can you now give us your interpretations for every single one of her other videos? thanks :ladyhaha:

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

RAMROD

The heart is symbolism that she always wear her heart on her sleeve. And it is hurting :sis:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Quartz
9 hours ago, UK Monster said:

To be fair, that's what TFMga was the best at. All three music videos were so complex, you literally have to compose essays to explain them. I saw a spark of that return with the Joanne videos, but not as symbolic. 

Quartz
9 hours ago, Joshie S said:

woah.

can you now give us your interpretations for every single one of her other videos? thanks :ladyhaha:

I know I have them somewhere. Bad Romance is simpler than Alejandro; and, telephone wqs a doozy to analyse :laughga:

imnotyourbabe10

Love these analyses.  Totally agree.  

My inner hopeless romantic always wanted to song and/or video to be as simple as the lyrics present themselves.  Just seemingly confused in love.  

Complicated connections to exes (Obviously all of the guys' names and lyrics, "Just smoke my cigarette and hush, don't call my name I'm not your babe").

And perhaps trying to work out a healthier relationship in the present with the past haunting you ("...Just like a dad...He's gotta firefight, gotta cool the bad...")

Great post, OP!  Such a classic, impactful, Gaga track :firega:

Archived