Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
opinion

Scáthach was better than The Countess

sipthistea

Featured Posts

imnotyourbabe10

Loved them equally.  The Countess was an awesome nod to "The Hunger."  

And Roanoke's Scathach was super dope to see her act in a different, less glamorous character.  

adamsenigma

Agree. The Countess wasn't a hard character to pull off for someone like Gaga. It was literally a diva who loves to get ****ed, drunk and high, it's literally Gaga. The witch was way more challenging, the accent, the facial expressions, the body posture, etc. it had nothing to do with a diva or a normal person, and she pulled it off.

KingRedd

I wouldn’t say that. The countess was Gaga yet it called for more diverse emotions. The Roanoke character was just different but not more compelling. She didn’t appear enough to be an iconic character. Season 5 is the countess. A role calling for more acting ability isn’t always the better role. It’s like Racheal McAdams, she’s know for two major films yet Mean Girls is her most iconic. The notebook by far calls for greater acting but people will recognize her as Regina George.

May I Read You? 😎

Sneaky Oliver

You guys saying The Countess is just like Gaga?!? Gaga is so “warm”, friendly, always smiling, she’s so “loud” noisy and fun. 

The Countess had a serious deep look in her eyes, she was cold, stiff, so quiet and delicate. Her movements were so dramatic. Plus she had a different accent and it was just her first major role in tv 

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden

Mikey Monster

I loved both of the roles. They both had strong character changes from Gaga but in different ways. My brother and his girlfriend both said she was terrifying and good in both so that made me happy!!!❤️ I can’t wait to see her in A Star Is Born!!!😍😍😍

Mikey McCampbell

yungpancake

I actually agree. The Countess just felt like a role made specifically for Gaga just to fit a full story of a new season of AHS. Murphy- and a lot of monsters has always brought the idea of having Gaga as a character in AHS and this was it. Personally  I think Scathach was a more of a challenge for Gaga, as it was more interesting to see her portray the role of a forest witch since we often see her in silks and diamonds and all that glamour. :laughga:

Damon

let's see, scatshdyt itself may be a little more interesting bc is very mysterious, but the countess has a fierce actress perrormance which made an awewome character

... and now i just sit in silence.

Salvador Sequea

P1q1fa9.gif

Spoiler

But to me Scáthach was way more interesting than The Countess tbh. 

Haroon

I feel like the Countess was more interesting to watch but Scathach was a more interesting character :huh: Wish we got more of Scathach's story because she was very intriguing, but maybe that's because we didn't get to know that much :shrug: With the Countess we got to know everything so it's hard to compare :laughga: I think she did a great job at portraying both of them though :woohoo:

SHALLOW
On 1/4/2018 at 2:32 AM, sipthistea said:

And thats exactly the problem with The Countess. It was not challenging at all and it was designed for Gaga, but that's not what actors do. They don't get roles designed for them, they get into the skin of the character. 

But we’re not talking about Gaga’s talent as an actor. We’re talking about which is the better character and i’m sorry but Shachat or whatever she’s called was very forgettable and not that interesting, The countess on the other hand was a beautiful character,which Gaga found interesting enough to be inspired by her 

Archived