💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga will get another #1 (like Britney)

sexy

Featured Posts

Economy
2 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Like how they were actually buying her music more back then?

Yeah, there's difference indeed.

11 minutes ago, TeenIdle said:

The public clearly loves her more this way. Just compare how the GP perceived her before vs now.

OT: What she needs is radio on her side. It will bring streams. Her sales are consistently strong

Ok more ppl LOVED the old Gaga, more people LIKE and RESPECT the 2014-2017 Gaga so your both right

The old Gaga was just loved by a few ppl and got hype from them but 70% or more of ppl thought she was weird and messed

The new Gaga is easier to digest and more ppl respect her but fewer ppl love her to death now hence less commercial success

Her Joanne Tour was still massive tho

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monketsharona
5 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

but they are since The Cure out streamed her discography :chica:

she just needs to let people know she's releasing music once she goes commercial again :chica:

The Cure was just released at the time in which streaming and Spotify are a thing. We all know her smash hits released between 2008/2011 would be like +500M streams today (easily)

MaryJaneHolland
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

The old Gaga was just loved by a few ppl and got hype from them but 70% or more of ppl thought she was weird and messed

People thought it was a mess because they thought it's a gimmick. Now that they know she is actually talented, they'd respect her "wild" side more. 

ryanripley
4 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Gurl, she hasn't had a real WW hit in years, lets ****ing noooottt :chica:

The difference is that back then people thought her "crazy" side was just a gimmick and that she's talentless, but now that they know she has raw talents, they won't have a problem approaching her "crazy" side more, cuz they'd know it's her art form, not just a sell-out shtick.

we been knew cus of JWT selling out :chica:

we're basically agreeing on the same thing, she should of promoted TC and it would have been a decent hit :chica:

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

monketsharona
1 minute ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

People thought it was a mess because they thought it's a gimmick. Now that they know she is actually talented, they'd respect her "wild" side more. 

Yeah now she just needs more mainstream music in her discography (own albums + collabs). She's in a very good place right now to release something more radio friendly. 

Chuckles

Time, the ultimate truth-teller.

Spoiler

I would like for someone to make a deeper analysis in their careers... if I remember correctly, wasn't Brtiney also injured in the knee and they told her that she could never dance again so her career was "over" (something along those lines)

28 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

I could see Lady Gaga getting some boosts later in her career like Madonna did. Maybe for next album ? 

I don't think the goal with Joanne was to get a huge WW smash hit, it's all fine. 2014 / 2017 was the period she needed in her career to be respected as a very talented woman.

Now she can easily being back at mainstream music and being successful in it. 

This basically :golfclap:

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, ryanripley said:

we been knew cus of JWT selling out :chica:

we're basically agreeing on the same thing, she should of promoted TC and it would have been a decent hit :chica:

I think you missed my point :chica: 

We are talking about "CrazyGa" appearing in 2018. 

PerfectExca
25 minutes ago, Indyl said:

I read a thread a little while ago about whether Gaga's career would be most like (I believe it was) Cyndi Lauper, Kylie Minogue, or Madonna (might be wrong in who those were). However, I think her career will be far more similar to that of Britney Spears in terms of commercial/chart success than any of those artists.

It's odd to consider, but Britney's greatest chart success actually came between 2007 and 2011, when she had 7 Top 10 singles and 3 Hot 100 #1s. Threads pop up all the time about "When will Gaga get another #1?" "Can she even get another #1?"

I think Gaga will be very similar to Britney in that she had a string of successful songs in the beginning of her career that clearly defined her (...Baby One More Time, Oops!... I Did It Again, Toxic, I'm a Slave 4 U, (You Drive Me) Crazy, etc.) and yet all but BOMT failed to hit #1, and I'm a Slave 4 U failed to crack the Top 10.

Britney would have a ten year gap between her first #1 and her 2nd #1 (Womanizer in 2008), and in between then, she had 8 singles that failed to chart on the Hot 100. Which is why it's so laughable to me that people really believe Gaga has hit her peak and can never get back on top.

The difference is, Gaga is continuing to choose artistic quality as opposed to commercial performance, Gaga's single and album sales have decreased consecutively every album after the Fame Monster  (minus the first week sales of BTW, even though BTW lead cannot compare commercially to Just Dance or Bad Romance). Gaga is an artist as opposed to a popstar. If she wants commercial success as she used to, she needs to put the cowgirl hat down, meat dress back on, and release a high-budget music video(or atleast a music video). I don't mind her not being on top, as long as she makes quality music.

The sun will rise each day. Will you?

monketsharona
4 minutes ago, EmperorExca said:

If she wants commercial success as she used to, she needs to put the cowgirl hat down, meat dress back on, and release a high-budget music video(or atleast a music video). I don't mind her not being on top, as long as she makes quality music.

I don't think it's right though... I don't think crazyGa has a place in 2018, like I don't think JoanneGa would make wonders too...

She just need something balanced between 'old' Gaga and what she was in the last couple of years. The looks she gave to us on Instagram late 2017 and early 2018 seems to fit to me.

ryanripley
7 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

yeah she was there on the tour :chica:

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

KyliesChild
8 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Gaga has shown her immense talent during the time she was wearing meat dresses and armadillo heels as well. Although their perception of her has changed, the audience she appealed to during 2014-17 are not going to want her to be attention-seeking once again. It's not a stretch to assume that they'd be disinterested in her antics even if they regard her as talented 

monketsharona

I think some people here are reacting actually exactly like the GP... Lady Gaga has always been talented even in 2008, just saying...

Just look at some Just Dance performances in 2008 / 2009, she had the same strong voice but on a dance track... More instruments and vocals just proved them she is talented to those who didn't see this before. But nobody in this fanbase who is following her since the start need to be surprised by her talent. Again, it's round here since the very start.

MaryJaneHolland
8 minutes ago, KyliesChild said:

Gaga has shown her immense talent during the time she was wearing meat dresses and armadillo heels as well.

Don't tell that to me, hon, tell it to the GP :chica:

9 minutes ago, KyliesChild said:

Although their perception of her has changed, the audience she appealed to during 2014-17 are not going to want her to be attention-seeking once again. It's not a stretch to assume that they'd be disinterested in her antics even if they regard her as talented 

And this way the audience she gained before 2014 (GP support) is disinterested. I mean, someone has to lose. :chica:

Archived