šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

question

Why do many monsters hate dope?

Mirrion Rizzons

Featured Posts

Andreu

It's easy.

It's a very very very good song, one of my favourites ever. Beautiful music. Well written lyrics. Touching vocals. However is very sad and saddening and idk about you all but I don't like listening to music that'll make me feel sadder very often. But that means it's a great song because it can affect your mood I guess, so another point to Slayope

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Laceface

It spawned the notoriously known 'Dope-esque vocals', part of me thinks she did it on purpose to piss off her label like the reason for changing it from IWBWY then got in to the habit of singing that way for ballads. idk.

Eddie A Michael

I donā€™t like the voice she used in this song. Itā€™s as if she screams to my ear. Itā€™s one thing to hit high note, but another to just shout.

Just my preference.

Ā 

Born To Slay
1 hour ago, Inferno said:

I don't like either song so I have no bias, but imo IWBWY sounds like the more emotionally authentic song and Dope seemed like this fake anti-drug message nonsense that she whipped up real quick to put on the album because the label didn't like IWBWY.

She told Howard Stern that the label loved IWBWYĀ 

Smother Em Eh

I think itā€™s because of her ā€œDopeā€ voice that shuns people away. But I love everything about the song:D

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Bloodyjack

I think monsters generally prefer heavy electronic, EDM, dance pop and generally can't warm to emotional stripped down, acoustic music. I'm not saying that's a bad thing but it's just taste. I do find it a little immature that they can't respect emotion but oh well:trollga: I think thier Also a little butthurt over IWBWY which doesn't help. I personally love the song it's a playlist regular for me

JupiterDrive

Itā€™s just ugly the voice and the song is just not enjoyableĀ 

Itā€™s a great song, I love her speech before she sings it at the original artRAVE (Vevo Presents):firega:

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

Letmelivemylife

It's no secret that Gaga/Monsters have an incredibly intense bond and Dope is her way of saying "please forgive me little monsters because I love you more than you'll ever know. If anything ever happened to you, I'd be so emotionally devastated idk if I'd ever truly recover".Ā 

"My heart would break without you. Might not awake without you" gets me every freakin time šŸ˜­

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

huttont
14 hours ago, Inferno said:

I really hate that vocal affectation she puts on in songs like Dope, Till It Happens to You and Your Song.

I don't like it. I don't get why she keeps doing it. Her voice is so forceful throughout the entirety of all of them and theres nothing pretty or delicate or even particularly emotional about any of them because shes just staying in that blasted voice the whole time. Im just not about it. I prefer her voice on songs like You and I and Speechless. And to be quite honest since this is all opinion anyway, I think it instantly ages a track when she sings that way and voids any semblance of "cool" it could have. Its too much. Like the instrumental for Dope is kind of cool with the piano and those minimal pulsing electronics coming in underneath, but her vocals are so ugly I can't even bother to listen. And imo some of the tracks off Joanne would have been slightly better had she sung them without said affectation (Come to Mama, Just Another Day, Diamond Heart, etc).

tbh if she ever heard me say this it would probably just make her want to do it even more lol

Thank god. I thought I was the only one who didnā€™t like Your Song

Inferno
On 3/30/2018 at 2:54 PM, Bloodyjack said:

I think monsters generally prefer heavy electronic, EDM, dance pop and generally can't warm to emotional stripped down, acoustic music. I'm not saying that's a bad thing but it's just taste. I do find it a little immature that they can't respect emotion but oh well:trollga: I think thier Also a little butthurt over IWBWY which doesn't help. I personally love the song it's a playlist regular for me

It literally has nothing to do with preferring dance/pop or non-stripped down music. It has to do with her choice of vocal style.

anomdepllume

I have real issues with the production.

But moreso for me, I always think about the YoutubeĀ  Awards performance of it, and it honestly disturbs me. Like I can't see that without feeling very uncomfortable for so many different reasons.

And as others have mentioned it really kills the album dead in its tracks. Lyrically it has some nice moments, but I just can't get into it.Ā 

DoremonLove

I love itĀ :giveup:

How do ppl not like her vocals:what:Ā i live for it:shrug:

its one of my most fav gaga songĀ :tony:

How can anoyone not love gaga

Archived