Jump to content
DJ White Shadow
🎤 Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets 🎤
opinion

Venus Is Overrated

Do you agree?  

391 members have voted

  1. 1. Is Venus overrated or not?

    • Yass, it is overrated huntie
      74
    • Nah-ah, Venus snatches my wig sis
      316


Featured Posts

Inferno

Venus is fun, if a little too goofy in moments. Its chorus is one of her strongest though imo.

I think the fanbase kind of overrate(s?)(d?) its potential as a single. I remember people making a big deal about it being scrapped as the lead or whatever. I personally don't think it would have done all that well and I think even if its a grower people would have been hella harsh on it especially with all the drama surrounding the release of that album. But I guess it would have been a more interesting and daring lead choice than Applause by comparison.

Edited by Inferno
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phlop

Venus is the epitome of the whole album though. It did deserve it’s  own video.

Single? It would’ve been a mess, but it’s still better than GUY. 

I think they should’ve gone with the first plan. Gaga would’ve been happier, but Venus probably would’ve flopped in the US (but not UK or Asia). DWUW could’ve been the 3rd single, by then having enough time to record the radio version with Xtina or someone relevant (DWUW really flopped because of Kelly).

1. Applause

2. Venus

3. Do What u Want ft. Xtina

4. Gypsy

BYE

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
KING

I mean Venus is a bit overrated. :awkney:

December 28, 2018 🎟
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inferno
9 minutes ago, Phlop said:

Venus is the epitome of the whole album though. It did deserve it’s  own video.

Single? It would’ve been a mess, but it’s still better than GUY. 

I think they should’ve gone with the first plan. Gaga would’ve been happier, but Venus probably would’ve flopped in the US (but not UK or Asia). DWUW could’ve been the 3rd single, by then having enough time to record the radio version with Xtina or someone relevant (DWUW really flopped because of Kelly).

1. Applause

2. Venus

3. Do What u Want ft. Xtina

4. Gypsy

G.U.Y. was quintessential Gaga and was a perfect single choice.

Gypsy is a racial slur and in an era where she was already being dragged to hell it would've just pulled her further down. Its too cheeseball anyway. Its like The Edge of Glorys flaccid little sister.

Edited by Inferno
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bloodyjack

I think your misunderstanding the art sis the whole of ARTPOP is supposed to be elcletic organic wacky campy original Disco pop and Gaga loves her over the top vocal tuning this is the reason for the alien voice you should know this by now if you're an LM:reductive:

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
blackcoffee

Highly overrated by this fan base. I enjoy the chorus though. 

  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
DutchHooker
38 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Wow, turns out you are capable of having some right opinions! :O

Venus is recycled Judas/BR sound. The verses are boring. The lyrics not too meaningful. The chorus is good but you can very seamlessly go from "Lo-oh-oh-oh-oh-ove" to "oh oh oh oh oh oh I'm in love with Juda-as"

Venus would've been fine as an outtake.

Wow, there are some people who agree, people are dragging me nowadays..

but yeah.. people always say i'm looking for attention with a thread, only if they disagree..

It's an opinion and if it was a single, it would've flopped... :trollga:

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
DutchHooker
10 minutes ago, blackcoffee said:

Highly overrated by this fan base. I enjoy the chorus though. 

 

Yass indeed, the chorus is good, but the rest is nah..

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
DutchHooker
36 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Venus is fun, if a little too goofy in moments. Its chorus is one of her strongest though imo.

I think the fanbase kind of overrate(s?)(d?) its potential as a single. I remember people making a big deal about it being scrapped as the lead or whatever. I personally don't think it would have done all that well and I think even if its a grower people would have been hella harsh on it especially with all the drama surrounding the release of that album. But I guess it would have been a more interesting and daring lead choice than Applause by comparison.

It would've been a total flop imo, too weird for the GP and applause wasn't good either, but better than Venus imo.. :lolga:

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inferno
1 minute ago, DutchHooker said:

It would've been a total flop imo, too weird for the GP and applause wasn't good either, but better than Venus imo.. :lolga:

Yeah I think it would have been a little cringe as a single let alone a lead. If anything I would've said release it only to the gay clubs with a music video and leave it at that.

Edited by Inferno
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
DutchHooker
1 minute ago, Inferno said:

Yeah I think it would have been a little cringe as a single let alone a lead. If anything I would've said release it only to the gay clubs with a music video and leave it at that.

She should've released XXX dreams as lead single, the GP would be shooked :firega:

Edited by DutchHooker
We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inferno
1 minute ago, DutchHooker said:

She should've released XXX dreams as lead single, the GP would be shooked :firega:

It would've smashed imo. Better the itunes festival version but nevertheless

  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
DutchHooker
1 minute ago, Inferno said:

It would've smashed imo. Better the itunes festival version but nevertheless

O my god, I live for you already, Wig!

This is indeed the best version! If this was released, ARTPOP would've been a hype sis!! :sis:

 

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×