Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Cancelled Debut Single?

Guest bostonGUY

Featured Posts

ChaosVampire
11 hours ago, Finn The Human said:

All of this is wrong info lol. Rock Show was supposed to be her original debut single. Retro Physical wasn't "excluded" from The Fame, it was just never taken into consideration. She had so many songs at that point where she and the label picked the ones deemed most commercial. Still an amazing album regardless. It was during her label switch. Def Jam wanted her debut to be Love Child songs, but when she got swapped to Interscope, she met RedOne and Space Cowboy, where they did new electronic songs. In the end they combined the rock tracks with the pop tracks.

Do you have a proof that RockShow was intended to be debut single? I know that the song was included on demo tape she sent to radio stations because she wanted to gain more attention but I never saw info about releasing it. Def Jam wanted her debut to be Love Child songs because at that time they were her only songs (excluding SG Band and Stefani demos).  

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RainingOnMe
6 hours ago, bostonGUY said:

So Filthy Pop was also not considered to be her debut?

It was on the original debut album, but not the debut single.

RainingOnMe
3 hours ago, ChaosVampire said:

Do you have a proof that RockShow was intended to be debut single? I know that the song was included on demo tape she sent to radio stations because she wanted to gain more attention but I never saw info about releasing it. Def Jam wanted her debut to be Love Child songs because at that time they were her only songs (excluding SG Band and Stefani demos).  

Yes, I have an original copy (one of 20) of the radio promo CD that Def Jam sent to radio in 2007 as Gaga's "break-out" single, and it's Rock Show. This information is also on Gagapedia. 

Retro-Physical was suppose to be the debut single. I’m glad it wasn’t but it could’ve atleast been a bonus track on the album. 

4 hours ago, Finn The Human said:

Yes, I have an original copy (one of 20) of the radio promo CD that Def Jam sent to radio in 2007 as Gaga's "break-out" single, and it's Rock Show. This information is also on Gagapedia. 

Did it actually say that on the CD? :udidnt:

ChaosVampire
5 hours ago, Finn The Human said:

I really want to see that CD! Can you show it for us? 

ChaosVampire
1 minute ago, ARTPOPSlays said:

So where r we getting all of this info on an “original album”?

I have a full article about it in polish but I would love to translate it in english and post it here. But sadly at that moment I don't have ability to start new topics. 

Just now, ChaosVampire said:

I have a full article about it in polish but I would love to translate it in english and post it here. But sadly at that moment I don't have ability to start new topics. 

Either I, or anyone would be glad to make a thread for you :) 

Guest ARTPOPSlays
4 minutes ago, Werk said:

I would definelty appreciate if someone could do this! Sounds very interesting 

ChaosVampire
12 minutes ago, Werk said:

Actually I am posting a lot stuff like this in polish Gaga LM group. I have articles about ARTPOP act 2, LG5, Pre-Fame releases etc. They love to read it. Funfact: a month before Perfect Illusion release I started an "LG5 Giveaway". I was posting daily articles and unreleased/old stuff and demos. The end of it was accidentally PI release day, it's funny because I started to doing it before single was even announced so they think that I am insider because of this coincidence :ladyhaha:  

Guest ARTPOPSlays
14 minutes ago, ChaosVampire said:

Actually I am posting a lot stuff like this in polish Gaga LM group. I have articles about ARTPOP act 2, LG5, Pre-Fame releases etc. They love to read it. Funfact: a month before Perfect Illusion release I started an "LG5 Giveaway". I was posting daily articles and unreleased/old stuff and demos. The end of it was accidentally PI release day, it's funny because I started to doing it before single was even announced so they think that I am insider because of this coincidence :ladyhaha:  

That’s awesome! Where do u even get all this stuff from?! 

ChaosVampire
17 minutes ago, ARTPOPSlays said:

That’s awesome! Where do u even get all this stuff from?! 

I'm collector since 2009 :staymad:

On 1/19/2018 at 12:45 AM, Finn The Human said:

All of this is wrong info lol. Rock Show was supposed to be her original debut single. Retro Physical wasn't "excluded" from The Fame, it was just never taken into consideration. She had so many songs at that point where she and the label picked the ones deemed most commercial. Still an amazing album regardless. It was during her label switch. Def Jam wanted her debut to be Love Child songs, but when she got swapped to Interscope, she met RedOne and Space Cowboy, where they did new electronic songs. In the end they combined the rock tracks with the pop tracks.

Did Rock Show leak in full HQ? My version is good not great, bt can't tell if that's just the song itself or my version

Archived