đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Would Aura been big as a lead?

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

YES. It would have been so much more exciting and memorable for ARTPOP. she really failed in making it memorable. it had so much potential. Aura, Sex Dreams, Gypsy, Venus. 

Plus Australian Radio ate it up. They called and asked the GP what they thought about it and everyone loved it. 

When's the last time she shocked everyone truly musically? Bad Romance. We need her to shock us musically. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it cause it’s experimental.

and my friends all bop to it so hard so...

even my teachers loved it when I used to play it in class :trollga:

Carmine Morriello

Irrelevant

There could've been a radio edit for it, without the intro and maybe even a rapper added into the song (Kendrick sis :triggered:)

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

11 hours ago, Alexander Levi said:

The streams from her performance at the YouTube Awards helped the song gain momentum on the chart - it’s on the Wikipedia page. 

I never heard that song on the radio EVER and no one I know has heard it unless I showed them the album.

Its not because the GP “loved it.”

It's not a single, I couldn't be on the radio... and if the performance helped the song that much, it's because people love it.

LordEnigma
5 hours ago, kevindjibouti said:

It's not a single, I couldn't be on the radio... and if the performance helped the song that much, it's because people love it.

But it was on the chart for only two weeks (peaked at 8 then almost immediately fell off the BB Hot 100). The live stream was only big because she opened the show and most viewers are towards the beginning of a show. They may have tuned in for her but the promo single didn’t last long on the charts. And the digital sales show that there wasn’t that much interest in the song since it only got to number 60 on that chart.

No one knows about Dope. I promise you. It would not have been that big.

LordEnigma
5 hours ago, kevindjibouti said:

People did not tune in to watch Dope - they tuned in to watch Gaga.

22 hours ago, germanotyabitch said:

Aura was one of the more questionable tracks on AP in my opinion, reason being HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Besides HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, it was a pretty good single because it was about how Gaga, or some other woman, doesn't do things for show, she has a real meaning behind them but that meaning is all deep inside her (behind the Aura:selena:) But I believe aura is also a bitch slap from the gates of Gaga screaming "DNT QUESTION ME U LIL C0CK SUCCR OR IMA BEAT UR ASS AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

She wears burqa for fashion..doesn't this mean that sometimes her outfits dont have a real meaning behind them and she wears them just for fashion?:selena:

2 hours ago, Alexander Levi said:

People did not tune in to watch Dope - they tuned in to watch Gaga.

it would have done way better than Venus for exemple... I would not have done HUGE but if it was promoted hard for two weeks it would have peaked at #1 without a doubt :)

LordEnigma
1 hour ago, kevindjibouti said:

it would have done way better than Venus for exemple... I would not have done HUGE but if it was promoted hard for two weeks it would have peaked at #1 without a doubt :)

The delusion :laughga:

I don't think so honestly, I feel like it's too rage-y for the radio (even at the time when EDM was big). Applause was pretty much the perfect lead imo in terms of introducing the album's concept to the public with the artsy aesthetic of the single cover and video. ARTPOP would've been waaaaaaaay bigger if it wasn't for the Venus/DWUW mess :cryga:

On 26/12/2017 at 8:48 PM, Phlop said:

She should’ve just filmed the music video and released it as a buzz single alongside Applause. It would’ve given the album more YouTube promo, but Applause could’ve been the actual first single.

1. Applause | Aura (buzz single)

2. Venus

3. Do What U Want ft. Christina Aguilera (by then they would’ve recorded a different version than R.Kelly for radio)

4. Sexxx Dreams ft. Rihanna

5. Gypsy

And like everyone said, it’s not radio friendly but they could’ve cut the intro. The chorus is  godly.

Seriously, would Venus do good commercially? I feel like it's too unique for radio. I mean, it's my favorite from ARTPOP and I would die for a proper video but I just don't see it being a smash hit

Archived