šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Would Aura been big as a lead?

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

Smother Em Eh

@NIGHTCRAWLER

Gaga originally wanted it to be a single, but her team didn't let her. If Gaga did release "Aura" as a single would it have been a wise choice? Would it have been a smash it? What are your thoughts on this?

Oh and I believe Gaga wanted it to have the instrumentals that the intro had!Ā :giveup:Ā Sounds awesome &Ā Ā interesting to me!Ā 

:what:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sirius094

Nah it would have flopped hard without a doubt, even worse than Perfect Illusion. Applause was a wise choice indeed, a radio-friendly song is always the best choice as lead single.

Pem Pem Perempem Pem Pem Pem

germanotyabitch

Aura was one of the more questionable tracks on AP in my opinion, reason beingĀ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Besides HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, it was a pretty good single because it was about how Gaga, or some other woman, doesn't do things for show, she has aĀ realĀ meaning behind them but that meaning is all deep inside her (behind the Aura:selena:) But I believe aura is also a bitch slap from the gates of Gaga screaming "DNT QUESTION ME U LIL C0CK SUCCR OR IMA BEAT UR ASS AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

š‘”š‘’š“‡š“‚š’¶š“ƒš‘œš“‰š“Žš’¶š’·š’¾š“‰š’øš’½ āœŒ

Modern Ecstacy

Not at all.

I will never understand why so many fans wish it was the lead for ARTPOP. It isn't radio friendly or a commercial song at all.

Applause was the best choice.

homomo

Itā€™s hard to say. I remember Australia was eating up Aura when it leaked, and even played it on radios; advertising it as her new single.Ā 

Lona Delery

no it wouldve flopped so hard i wont even imagine its chart positions.

Ā 

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Too experimental. Probably the only song on the album that isn't commercial.

bannedT for life and it's SAD

SCHEISSEMONTRE

Itā€™s equal to me. If Gaga released the song before EDM died and when Katy released Her lead singleĀ then yes, but on the other hand itā€™s not a Radio Friendly song and summer was about to end as well. Applause is the better choice.

Mychal

Ladygagalover

Nope.

However, to build hypeĀ for ARTPOP and its proper lead single, it would have been cool to release theĀ Aura MV on YouTube as the first release from ARTPOP. Can you imagine if Gaga came back with the Telephone continuationĀ after her media blackout? That would have acted as a great introduction to ARTPOPĀ andĀ pushed a lot of attention to her YouTube channel. Then she could have debutedĀ Applause as the lead single with a worldwide radio dealĀ alongside the Kia commercial and had a bit more time to film a proper MV (even though I love its MV). Plus, she wouldā€™ve avoided the VMA fiasco and the Roar vs Applause fiasco. Alas, hindsight is always 20 20.

Archived