💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Please stop arguing!

SwissMonster

Featured Posts

thatboyisarobot

I literally have not posted here in years and have only stuck around for the media section...but y'all...are you kidding?

People that are saying that this is the "beginning of the end" for her career have seriously drank the twitter hunty kool-aid and are beyond help. She's literally making 100 million dollars from this deal, will get to stay in one place to preserve her health, and will have time to focus on music. I'm pretty sure she knows what's best for her, not random fans that have access to about 5% of her life.

Life goes on, peeps. Let's leave the managing to the experts and stop buying into the fantasy that you know what's best for someone because you follow them on twitter and keep up with their artistic output. It's actually really disrespectful to the artist and is full of gross assumptions that come from social media culture.

What you know about a celebrity /= who the celebrity actually is. The map is not the territory. People thinking they can legislate everything based off of what they can find on social media and the internet is high-key one of the main problems in the world right now.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
highongaga
2 minutes ago, thatboyisarobot said:

I literally have not posted here in years and have only stuck around for the media section...but y'all...are you kidding?

People that are saying that this is the "beginning of the end" for her career have seriously drank the twitter hunty kool-aid and are beyond help. She's literally making 100 million dollars from this deal, will get to stay in one place to preserve her health, and will have time to focus on music. I'm pretty sure she knows what's best for her, not random fans that have access to about 5% of her life.

Life goes on, peeps. Let's leave the managing to the experts and stop buying into the fantasy that you know what's best for someone because you follow them on twitter and keep up with their artistic output. It's actually really disrespectful to the artist and is full of gross assumptions that come from social media culture.

What you know about a celebrity /= who the celebrity actually is. The map is not the territory. People thinking they can legislate everything based off of what they can find on social media and the internet is high-key one of the main problems in the world right now.

THIS

YEAHHH BUDDY

ryanripley
3 minutes ago, thatboyisarobot said:

i'm gunna need gaga to announce more projects to bring the lurking sane members out of the woodwork :applause: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Tan Fei
35 minutes ago, hausofcy said:

As you said: “we will survive” 

i’d rather have her go back to farming for 2 years than doing Vegas. The tickets will be expensive af and 90% of her fans won’t even get the chance to see it. 

That’s so not like her to do this. And I know nobody would ever turn down an alleged 100 million dollar paycheck. But don’t sing about music not the bling if you’re gonna do these things

Do wat things ? Lol. She say shes going to give her all while performing there. She loves to perform n sing. Why say no if u can have both music and the bling . Stay positive.. come on . 

SwissMonster
9 minutes ago, highongaga said:

You guys are being so dramatic. No matter how many times you argue and complain about Gaga's decision, it won't change the fact that she is going to do the Vegas residency, whether you like it or not. As her fans, we should support what she wants to do with her career and not spread negativity. If you have a problem, you can always leave the fan base. :lolly:

Also, the whole point of this thread was to stop arguing, but it doesn't look like we're going to.. :selena:

You got the point :tony:

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

SwissMonster
11 minutes ago, thatboyisarobot said:

Yesss THIS 

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

57 minutes ago, hausofcy said:

As you said: “we will survive” 

i’d rather have her go back to farming for 2 years than doing Vegas. The tickets will be expensive af and 90% of her fans won’t even get the chance to see it. 

That’s so not like her to do this. And I know nobody would ever turn down an alleged 100 million dollar paycheck. But don’t sing about music not the bling if you’re gonna do these things

First time since I became a fan, that I agree with that statement, and Ive always been the kind of "deluded" fan that defends her at all times, not even the furgate bothered me.

Im gonna keep telling myself that she was forced by the label in some way so I can feel better...

Nah, I say let people meltdown. Let all the silly uneducated people who are whining that she’s ruining her career and become “money hungry” people leave the fan base and expose themselves for the toxic “stans” they are. :flutter:

derpmonster
30 minutes ago, Adakam said:

First time since I became a fan, that I agree with that statement, and Ive always been the kind of "deluded" fan that defends her at all times, not even the furgate bothered me.

Im gonna keep telling myself that she was forced by the label in some way so I can feel better...

It can't be just about money, right? She was earning much more with JWT and a full pop album tour would have sold stadiums out everywhere. This has to be one of the things she's wanted for a long time.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

1 minute ago, derpmonster said:

It can't be just about money, right? She was earning much more with JWT and a full pop album tour would have sold stadiums out everywhere. This has to be one of the things she's wanted for a long time.

Who the fck cares if it was about money?

Being a performer is her occupation and one has a job to make money. I'm glad that she has dropped this whole "I'm a surrogate mother and your therapist" schtick that she was known for back in the day, because it has unfortunately bred a lot of toxic mindsets where people believe she is their own personal savior and has to work for them

She sings. She writes. She creates. She performs. And she gets paid to do it. 

Just let that be that. :saladga:

giskardsb
3 hours ago, Adakam said:

How exactly is singing and performing in Vegas any different than singing and performing in 50 other venues when it comes to artistic integrity?   If she did a 50 show residency in NYC nobody would be complaining.  

TheSlash

I don't understand it. If it's her dream to perform in Vegas then let her f***ing perform in Vegas :madge:. The world won't burn to death from that :lolly: . And there's nothing to be afraid of, from my perspective. Performing in Vegas doesn't mean we won't hear anything new from her (musically)  :pray: . Remember ASIB ic coming in less than 5 months :lana::staymad:

Ew, David!

giskardsb
4 hours ago, hausofcy said:

Still inevitable. A lot of monsters have been dragging Britney fans and calling her a hasbeen since she settled for Vegas . Every fanbase is coming for us now. So Yeah in stan wars people can be really really rude. Even within the same fanbase. It’ll blow over soon I hope. 

90% of the reason for this backlash is because stans have "weaponized" Vegas and now it's biting them in the ass.  It would be funny if the BS wasn't blowing up Gaga's own twitter feed.  

derpmonster
3 hours ago, Doot said:

Who the fck cares if it was about money?

Being a performer is her occupation and one has a job to make money. I'm glad that she has dropped this whole "I'm a surrogate mother and your therapist" schtick that she was known for back in the day, because it has unfortunately bred a lot of toxic mindsets where people believe she is their own personal savior and has to work for them

She sings. She writes. She creates. She performs. And she gets paid to do it. 

Just let that be that. :saladga:

I actually don't care that much. It was a response to the people who felt disillusioned over "music not the bling." Yes, I'm glad she doesn't do that anymore too because people made her a slave to them (in terms of having to meet expectations; she pretty much always still did what she wanted to) when she was trying to free them and herself through music.

Another reason why I mentioned that is because I'm generally wondering that. I'm not saying it's a bad thing if she does it for the money. I'm saying it's likely not the only thing this is about because she'll be making less this way than she otherwise would have been. So, it could be something she has wanted to do (again, not assigning a moral value to it like many other people here). :) 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

ChavaWM

Its not hard to deal with other bases laughing at us because I don't care. I don't live through Gaga. I'm just a fan of her music. When all is set and done, her achievements aren't ours. We are just here to celebrate for her. And if you can't do that, that's fine, but when you meltdown, don't blame her. You do that to yourselves. She's not asking any of you to be weirdly obsessed with her life to the point you forget you have your own.

Archived