FfFfFfFF

Which one?  

288 members have voted

1. 1. ?

Featured Posts

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I don't think Gaga has experimented a lot with her music. Yes, she changes her style from album to album but it's all pretty much catchy pop music. I voted for Venus because it has literally four chorus and no verses and that is kind of interesting. Mess at Aura winning though lol. She literally bought an instrumental and sang over it, what's experimental about that?

TimisaMonster

Aura demo is literally Gaga's mind vomiting onto the Earth and making an oasis appear :giveup:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

18 hours ago, Aquamarine said:

IMO, I think the most experimental song Gaga has released is Bad Romance.:firega: Literally, no other song during that time was sonically similar to it. It was new, fresh and at the same time kinda weird. That's why it's her most successful song.:whitney: I'm still salty about it not reaching #1 tho.:selena:

I agree and i'm surprised it's not higher on this poll so far. I guess because it became her most known/iconic song people don't regard it as experimental? Shocked on ARTPOP, it's not even her most 'whacky' song! I think Applause song and video where way more arty and experimental.

JudasIsAHolyFoo

Why is Jewels N Drugs not an option 

Monster Ball 2010, Monster Ball 2011, Born This Way Ball 2013, artRAVE 2014, Joanne World Tour 2017 (Both Nights in Toronto)

Pianosavant

To me Government Hooker is very experimental for pop. That bassline starting on the flat fifth of the scale is so interesting to me, along with the metronome like ticks. 

Let's see if i can come up with a suitable list :oprah:

In very random order:

Bad Romance

Dance in the Dark

Pokerface

Scheiße

Government Hooker

Americano

Applause

Aura

Perfect Illusion

Alejandro

AlexanderMagno

Lol none.

IF there is an experimental song from Gaga, it's Highway Unicorn (Road to Love) or Marry the Night. Those are definitely two of the most experimental songs I've heard from her. A bit different and extravagant =/= experimental.

PerfectGUY
On 11/12/2017 at 9:40 PM, Why am I on GGD said:

And one big contender that I'm surprised nobody mentioned is Teeth :poot:. The double vocal layers, the strange male vocals throughout, the tribal beat combined with big band instrumentals. And even the structure is kinda experimental. She doesn't really build up to anything, but the song still grows throughout. 

THIS ! 

I'm not a huge fan of Teeth, it's not for me the greatest weird Gaga song, but it's the most experimental for sure ! 

PerfectGUY
On 12/12/2017 at 4:18 AM, Bio said:

I voted for Venus because it has literally four chorus 

omg I thought I was the only one thinking that :sweat:

I was sure that people only noticed one chorus and I was the only one identifying different ones 

Also I'm surprises Perfect Illusion isn't mentioned :

- the song structure (short verses, short choruses, 4th chorus being different) 

- the chorus itself isn't what we hear usually in pop music, it's shaped weirdly

- the bridge (the voices beneath)

Archived