💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

WP: Gaga herself was lost

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

sirensofthedawn
1 hour ago, Anveeroy said:

The music in these shorts — noisy, off-kilter, with hints of industrial and trap-EDM — was perhaps the most interesting of the night. Imagine if Gaga made songs out of that instead of her parents’ record

so... basically ARTPOP and BTW?

critics are laughable.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
asana15

There's nothing new here. If anything, he's consistent.

Chris Kelly, Jon Caramanica and Michael Wood are notorious Gaga's haters. Whenever the pendulum swings up, they swing down. It's not the publications, it's these old entrenched men that can't get over an idea that there's actually someone out there young and successful, and who just refuses to disappear into the night no matter how big the effort they put into it.

They're aging along with their idol from the years gone by, the current success just isn't happening, only the memories left, and they just can't take it. 

As the time passes by, there will be fewer and fewer of there dinosaurs left. And good riddance to them.

2 hours ago, Anveeroy said:

At several times during the night, Gaga herself was lost — or at least off the stage — as she changed costumes. These interminable interludes featured unnecessary jam sessions but also teased the transgressive Gaga of old, in the form of experimental video interludes somewhere between Beyoncé’s video albums, David Lynch’s “Blue Velvet” and Gaga’s “American Horror Story” gig. The music in these shorts — noisy, off-kilter, with hints of industrial and trap-EDM — was perhaps the most interesting of the night. Imagine if Gaga made songs out of that instead of her parents’ record collection.

But no matter: The fandom that comes with Gaga’s level of pop stardom works as a cloak of invincibility. In the eyes of the sold-out crowd, Gaga could do no wrong. The same can be said for the fans that vote for the vox populi AMAs. Toward the end of the concert, the video screens were tuned to the broadcast to show the winner of favorite pop/rock female artist . . . Lady Gaga. 

tenor.gif?itemid=4990176

2 hours ago, Anveeroy said:

But it's kinda weird to me. All the big, reputable news gave her either mixed or negative review. What's going on? 

Not necessarily. NY Times, LA Times, and this one yes, but everything else has been good (Billboard, Chicago, Boston, SF, Toronto - those are also big reputable news)

One thing I see a lot of is critics mentioning something like "another costume/hat/identity/etc". It's kind of true, unlike someone like Adele, Pink, and Beyonce who have found their niche and stayed the same way more or less. However, Madonna was the same way and I bet NONE of these critics said the same about her.

6 hours ago, Anveeroy said:

But it's kinda weird to me. All the big, reputable news gave her either mixed or negative review. What's going on? 

reputable? come off it WP is a Jeff Bezos amazon.com operation. same people who are selling gmo crops as organic produce in whole foods and are out to monopolise everything.

GypsyBabe

Imagine having that kind of a negative view of pure talent performing before you? Thankfully I can’t relate... :fthis:

⚯͛

TheRoof
5 hours ago, asana15 said:

There's nothing new here. If anything, he's consistent.

Chris Kelly, Jon Caramanica and Michael Wood are notorious Gaga's haters. Whenever the pendulum swings up, they swing down. It's not the publications, it's these old entrenched men that can't get over an idea that there's actually someone out there young and successful, and just refuses to go into the night no matter how big the effort they put into it.

They're aging along with their idol from the years gone by, the current success just isn't happening, only the memories left, and they just can't take it. 

As the time passes by, there will be fewer and fewer of there dinosaurs left. And good riddance to them.

Madonna stans

*pretends to be shocked*

UdQpq71.gif

raginchristians

The way the first paragraph is worded I imagined Gaga litterally wandering around lost backstage as the band just plays random notes :sharon:

he/they

Matangi

Let's be honest about artistry here. I adore Gaga and think her talent is extraordinary, but the Cure is literally one of the most boring AND basic songs she's ever recorded. Joanne had positive moments, mostly though through personal connection to subject material. I'm gonna get downvoted and shaded but **** it yall are so not objective just because its gags.

Archived