performance

CoS keeps slamming Taylor, SNL performance now

TCHIKITAH

Featured Posts

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn’t lip syncing.

Haven’t we been over this a million times since Gaga was first accused of lip syncing.

Y’all are so petty you can even keep a clear line of thought.

StrawberryBlond
17 hours ago, Rocketno10 said:

.........:awkney:

What? Am I wrong? She comes from a rich family and from the age of 9, was travelling to NY for vocal and acting lessons and performed at festivals and various events when she got a bit older. She and her mother made frequent trips to Nashville when she was just 11, submitting demo tapes, trying to get her career started, but got rejection after rejection. Her parents moved the family to Nashville even though she was only 14 at that time. Her dad paid for her to get a record deal and purchased a 3% stake ($120k) in the company, which was new at the time. Rumours are that he even bought a load of copies of her debut album so she'd have good sales and they're all in a warehouse somewhere. She got all this because of money and connections.

Guest bostonGUY
On 11/13/2017 at 10:52 AM, Bio said:

She was obviously not lip syncing but the backing track was too loud and she wasn't able to keep up with it. She's not a good performer.

Yeah if you have a good ear you can hear her singing, just that backing track was loud AF

Rocketno10
7 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

What? Am I wrong? She comes from a rich family and from the age of 9, was travelling to NY for vocal and acting lessons and performed at festivals and various events when she got a bit older. She and her mother made frequent trips to Nashville when she was just 11, submitting demo tapes, trying to get her career started, but got rejection after rejection. Her parents moved the family to Nashville even though she was only 14 at that time. Her dad paid for her to get a record deal and purchased a 3% stake ($120k) in the company, which was new at the time. Rumours are that he even bought a load of copies of her debut album so she'd have good sales and they're all in a warehouse somewhere. She got all this because of money and connections.

Ok.

StrawberryBlond
1 minute ago, Rocketno10 said:

Ok.

Do you mean "ok" as in "I accept this" or "ok" as in "haha, you're crazy"?

Rocketno10
9 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Do you mean "ok" as in "I accept this" or "ok" as in "haha, you're crazy"?

As in like I agree part of your points and disagree other parts but I’m too tired to defend and argue for her so let’s seal the conversation right there:D good day :D

Whispering
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

She already had a record deal with RCA, before Scott heard her sing at The Bluebird Cafe. 

She got all of this because she knew what she wanted from an early age, and had the dedication and talent to land a development deal with a major label at 14. At 14, you've got to have your parents support, and she had that..like hundreds of thousands of other kids out there. 

StrawberryBlond
22 minutes ago, Whispering said:

She already had a record deal with RCA, before Scott heard her sing at The Bluebird Cafe. 

She got all of this because she knew what she wanted from an early age, and had the dedication and talent to land a development deal with a major label at 14. At 14, you've got to have your parents support, and she had that like hundreds of thousands of other kids out there. 

She was given an "artist development deal" around 12/13. These deals are in theory meant to lead to a proper record deal but are often abused by record labels and managers. So many artists who go on these things can't even get an album out. It's more like a music version of an apprenticeship, of sorts. Especially today, there's no guarantee such a deal will get you anywhere. She got signed to Song/ATV Publishing House but left when she was 14. So, she was unsigned again. It's only when her dad stepped in that she got the deal. Taylor herself said how desperate she was by this age to get a record out, so, while the information isn't out there for obvious reasons, it's likely that her dad bought her the contract. Life isn't like the movies when you get spotted singing one night and an industry bigwig comes over and says you were great and signs you on the spot. Her dad, with all his money, probably pulled some strings. Very few labels want to take on a teenager, let's be real.

Knowing what you want from an early age guarantees you nothing, that's just airy-fairy claptrap. Plenty of people know what they want from a young age but don't have the money, time or resources to pursue it. Hundreds of thousands of kids do not have parent's support, what planet are you living on? I wanted to become a singer all my life but my parents never supported it. My mother was all too happy to send me to dance lessons because that was her passion but never wanted to send me to singing lessons. If I'd ask them if I could send away demo tapes and move to London to get a chance, they'd have put me in my place so fast, my feet wouldn't touch the ground. They didn't even compliment my singing - even when it sounded just like the artist on the record, they'd find fault in it. They taught me that being famous wasn't for the likes of people like us and that I personally just wasn't suited for it, it was a "pipe dream" that I'd grow out of. Perhaps they were right but their lack of support is partly why I reluctantly gave up on the dream and have just resigned myself to a life of "I don't know where I'm going" ever since. Just like most of us. Taylor's just one of a select few spoiled, precocious children whose parents raised her to believe that she was something special, that she was so good that she had to get started from a very young age, she didn't even need to wait a few years to get better. It explains a lot about her superiority complex and narcissism today. Spoiled children turn into spoiled adults.

Pray4FameGa

I'm a Taylor fan but her performance sucked.

Tbh, she's kind of like Lana Del Rey in that respect, great recording artist, but not a great performer.

At least LDR gives you a vibe... 

giskardsb

I remember once upon a time when Taylor at least was doing her own thing in her country-pop lane and not just trying to badly mimic Beyonce.

Whispering

@StrawberryBlond

Yeah...an artist development deal at 13 with a major label isn't easy to come by. They don't hand those out just because Mommy and Daddy moved to Nashville. I've known dozens of wealthy people who can't get their talented kids anything like you are making up in your head. That's a bullshit fantasy you are making up there...one that simply doesn't exist in the way you are saying it does. 

The Bluebird Cafe in Nashville is known for the discovery of songwriters and artists. That's not a fictitious movie. It's a real place and labels send people to look for new talent. Everyone knows this who is familiar with country music or with the Nashville music scene. It's real.

Sounds like you weren't unusually talented and you have parents that knew that and didn't want to waste their time. I personally have known hundreds of kids myself that had parental support...whether it be sports, academics, music, acting, modeling, gymnastics, cheerleading, etc. I know and knew parents who travel every weekend for sports teams, send their kids to rather expensive camps or schools that specialize in certain talents, travel to NY or California for talent agencies or try outs, send their kids off to be trained for national teams...

Those kids from the past are now fully functioning adults with families and jobs today. A few made it in some capacity to the "big leagues". Either way, these "spoiled, precocious kids" aren't sitting around jobless and milking off their parents. 

GreenEyes

@StrawberryBlond

Gurl I must say, I have been on this site for 5 years and you have grown to be quite bitter. I know I'm not as active anymore but I still lurk everyday for news and to read what people think on here. I remember you being one of my favorite members on here because of how long your posts were and they were actually interesting most of the time. Now you just rant on people you don't like all the time, like come on you're on every Taylor Swift thread lately. Find something else to do with your time, like posting on artists you actually like. 

StrawberryBlond
54 minutes ago, Whispering said:

@StrawberryBlond

Yeah...an artist development deal at 13 with a major label isn't easy to come by. They don't hand those out just because Mommy and Daddy moved to Nashville. I've known dozens of wealthy people who can't get their talented kids anything like you are making up in your head. That's a bullshit fantasy you are making up there. 

The Bluebird Cafe in Nashville is known for discovery of songwriters and artists. That's not a fictitious movie. It's a real place and labels send people to look for new talent. Everyone knows this who is familiar with country music or with the Nashville music scene. It's real.

Sounds like you weren't unusually talented and you have parents that knew that and didn't want to waste their time. I personally have known hundreds of kids myself that had parental support...whether it be sports, academics, music, acting, modeling, gymnastics, cheerleading, etc. I know and knew parents who travel every weekend for sports teams, send their kids to rather expensive camps or schools that specialize in certain talents, travel to NY or California for talent agencies or try outs, send their kids off to be trained for national teams...

Those kids from the past are now fully functioning adults with families and jobs today. A few made it in some capacity to the "big leagues". Either way, these "spoiled, precocious kids" aren't sitting around jobless and milking off their parents.

You know dozens of wealthy people? That explains why you think young kids having their dreams supported by their parents is normal. Not in my area.

I never said The Bluebird Cafe wasn't real, I just said that to have it all work out perfectly where you perform there and get signed on the spot doesn't happen in real life.

Ok, now you're just being offensive. How do you know that I wasn't unusually talented? You're just saying that because you don't like me, you have absolutely no basis for that. I don't have the right kind of brain for playing instruments but I could always sing well - I could have done a hell of a lot better than Taylor did with that performance and while doing better dance moves into the bargain. I've recently moved into songwriting as well, albeit too late in the game, I even wrote a song ideally for Taylor. But you don't know about any of that until now, right? Seriously, where do you get off on saying stuff like that to someone you know very little about? Great, you've known hundreds of wealthy families in your clearly rich area that moved heaven and earth for their kids. Good for you. My type don't have money like that round this way. If it's not round the corner at a cut-price rate, it ain't happening. That's why so many girls my age have dancing as their only out-of-home activity growing up - it's all they have offered to them. The British way's very different from the American way.

I never said they were jobless and milking off their parents, just that they got to where they needed to go because they had the support and money. And are you seriously making a pop at me with that bit as well?

9 minutes ago, GreenEyes said:

@StrawberryBlond

Gurl I must say, I have been on this site for 5 years and you have grown to be quite bitter. I know I'm not as active anymore but I still lurk everyday for news and to read what people think on here. I remember you being one of my favorite members on here because of how long your posts were and they were actually interesting most of the time. Now you just rant on people you don't like all the time, like come on you're on every Taylor Swift thread lately. Find something else to do with your time, like posting on artists you actually like. 

I can't help it if there's nothing positive to write about. Music is in the doldrums right now. I just respond to what's there. There's not many options for me to respond about artists that I like and there's nothing enjoyable about just mindlessly gushing all the time anyway. If you looked around carefully, you'd see me being positive, you just are stumbling across the bad side. I just believe very much in free speech and if I have something to say, I'll say it, good or bad. I don't appreciate being told to stop wasting my time when this is how I like to spend my time. If you really want to know, I've gone through some problems in the last few years that have affected me quite badly and it might have changed me in some ways. When some people speak their minds around here, they get support, when I do it, I get cited as having an attitude problem. I can't win.

Archived