💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is Beyonce losing her power?

highlikegaga

Featured Posts

She hasn't done well with singles for YEARS, and it's mostly her choice (releasing entire album before lead single, making it free, etc). She clearly doesn't care about singles. She's an album artist now.

I do agree that the features are very unlike her. Mi Gente was a good idea because she can use the excuse that it's for charity, but a song with Bodak Yellow kind of goes against what she's been doing I feel.

Also, some observations I have, she has lost some of her Grammy power. 4 should have been an automatic R&B album and vocal Grammy win, let alone a nomination yet she got snubbed for Ledisis or whoever. That to me was shocking. And then "Formation" not getting a single R&B nomination? Shocking again. I also think her recent pregnancy came and went and was forgotten quickly, while the first one was a huge event. Then again, one could argue a first is always a bigger deal then the next ones.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah she still hella powerful. I mean, ha own song (formation) didn’t go to number 1 yet she still had a massive tour 

And the Cardi B collab is because bey knows what’s good lol 

can’t wait to hear that fire collab :gaycat:

Just now, Anthony Dylon Suarez said:

We're not questioning Drake's power because this thread is about Beyonce, duh

.... I know :rip: But you know, sometimes, in conversation and debate, people like to raise other points and issues that can take it into different directions. If you're too simple to contribute... stay out

2 minutes ago, highlikegaga said:

easy, sis. don't bring gender into this.

beyonce >>>>>>>>>> thousands or years later >>>>>> drake

it's about quality. i never expected her to hop on an already established song, because she's too iconic for this in my eyes.

she doesn't need to be the (feat. Beyonce) on any effin song.

i agree with the rest tho

Why? Lol. I'm not targeting you specifically, but I think it's interesting. Male artists (rappers usually) can feature on a hundred songs in a year that nobody ever hears of, but here we are questioning if a female artist has lost her power because a song she featured on didn't go number one. I'm not saying it's down to gender only that you're questioning it - it's pretty weird that you're asking either way - but I do think stan forum culture is harder on the girls even though it pretends to love them the most.

I mean, she did it for hurricane relief charities. I don't see why people get at her for hopping on a fun song with the intention of benefiting people's lives?

She hasn't had a number 1 single since Single Ladies but she's still been one of the most popular well respected influential artists of our time so I don't think it really matters either way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, Harry said:

.... I know :rip: But you know, sometimes, in conversation and debate, people like to raise other points and issues that can take it into different directions. If you're too simple to contribute... stay out

Why? Lol. I'm not targeting you specifically, but I think it's interesting. Male artists (rappers usually) can feature on a hundred songs in a year that nobody ever hears of, but here we are questioning if a female artist has lost her power because a song she featured on didn't go number one. I'm not saying it's down to gender only that you're questioning it - it's pretty weird that you're asking either way - but I do think stan forum culture is harder on the girls even though it pretends to love them the most.

I mean, she did it for hurricane relief charities. I don't see why people get at her for hopping on a fun song with the intention of benefiting people's lives?

I think his point was that Beyonce kind of made it seem like she is above jumping on a song. People like Drake and Rihanna don't really care. Whereas I feel beyonce herself feels it cheapens her legacy. So to see her doing that, I agree, is very unlike her. I don't think its bad, I'm sure he doesn't, but I feel Beyonce felt it was previously.

4 minutes ago, highlikegaga said:

in other words, since many people don't seem to get me:

after Lemonade i thought Mi Gente would go #1 just because it had the hype and the Bey name.

she's still iconic. i'm not doubting her credibility. i'm giving my opinion.:pray:

And we're saying, since you don't seem to get us, that Beyonce hasn't had a #1 song in almost ten years - even with the hype of Beyonce and Lemonade. Hotly promoted radio singles just isn't in line with her brand anymore. It's an unrealistic expectation, basically.

Just now, GrigioGirl1 said:

I think his point was that Beyonce kind of made it seem like she is above jumping on a song. People like Drake and Rihanna don't really care. Whereas I feel beyonce herself feels it cheapens her legacy. So to see her doing that, I agree, is very unlike her. I don't think its bad, I'm sure he doesn't, but I feel Beyonce felt it was previously.

You're right, it is kind of unlike her and it was a surprise, although I think it's kinda low to say it cheapens her legacy when her remix is essentially a charity song. People will jump at artists for saying they don't do enough to help and "give back", but here's an instance of someone actually doing something to help, and it's "cheap"?

It's also interesting to see her pretty much give up on a hit singles. Her albums Lemonade will be remembered, and I'm sure the surprise release will still be discussed for years to come, but her catalog of hits is actually quite weak imo. It seems like she hasn't had a true classic since IASF. It probably won't matter because people see her tours based on her ability not her catalog. Still I have to wonder how it will look when she's in her 50s and only has a few well known hits.

GRIMEZSZ
1 hour ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

she's over 35 , she is not a radio darling since IASF and no one has promoted Mi Gente

also she doesn't have a streaming hit and adapt to it is hard for someone of her age (unlike you're Sia)

Hi Sia! :selena:

Bey isn't really in the singles game anymore. Her credibility is not so much in her singles success as it is in her touring and performances. Her status has been cemented by her beauty, talent, and longevity followed up after that by a number of relative hits that are known by some but not all. Truly, the bulk of her success is in the black music industry which is why her numbers look so skewed and confusing. If you just look at the larger charts, no, she has not been that recently successful (comparatively), but if you look at her urban influence, it's as stronger as ever.

I think her marketing shift with 4 was her not wanting the pressure of competing with the newbies on the block like Gaga and having generically good performances. Notice that ever since the self-titled album, she's taken painstaking effort to establish specific imagery with her brand. She's building a brand, something that the other pop girls don't have and, frankly, are not able to have either. We see P!nk has a similar idea and she manages to be consistent. Meanwhile Katy tries to experiment and crashes *hard*, Gaga is still looking for that definitive brand to work with, and Rihanna has no legacy outside of her hits (no shade; she's done amazingly).

For Beyoncé, I think her and her team know that pop's a cut throat game that she was already struggling to keep up with so instead of actively pursuing volatile chart success, they built the foundation for her to pave her own lane for success that no one else could follow or mimic.

Shes not losing her power, she just reached a stage in her career were she wont be on top anymore, happens to everyone. Its natural, her career has been long and succesful.

1 hour ago, Easy said:

I think a lot of people already lost interest in Adele. She will be remembered as the plus size girl who has a good voice I think. She never made an impact as big as Bey Tay or Gaga. I think her next album will be a Joanne sized hit and slowly fade away.

Adele's albums sell faster than fresh hot-cakes. Just a reminder that in the age of streaming, Adele can still go 20 M copies WW, with a 4 year hiatus. Not to mention she made big name artists push back their album release dates to avoid competition with her.

RAMROD

The song is Top 10 on Billboard 100 ( www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100 ) and it is not even hers, she is just featured, so, not sure what you’re talking about.  :sharon:

Also, people have burn out from the Summer long Despacito. I rarely hear that song and even I don’t even want to listen to it anymore and all others who have similiar sounds. 

Honestly, if it wasn’t for Yoncé and the charity, I won’t even purchase the song on iTunes.

Watch the next time she release an album and how it will be another spectacle again, an event, that makes PLENTY of haters grit their teeth even harder :giggle:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ I've Become A Notorious Being (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

TheRoof
3 minutes ago, Yuuri said:

Adele's albums sell faster than fresh hot-cakes. Just a reminder that in the age of streaming, Adele can still go 20 M copies WW, with a 4 year hiatus. Not to mention she made big name artists push back their album release dates to avoid competition with her.

which includes ironically Beyonce :wtfga:

Archived