Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
rumor

Jimmy Iovine shades Gaga

dit

Featured Posts

ZiggyZiggs

Lmao y tf is Pharrell sitting there and laughing? His last album with a HUGE single sold like 590 K in the US. And Happy was his last hit. :toofunny: He should worry about his own sales 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rat Boy

I think it's Gaga. As mentioned before, the hints Jimmy is giving are so specific and align with Gaga. Like @Albertodift said, Jimmy probably has his mental timeline mixed up. If it isn't her, who else could it be? Remember it's a high profile star so we shouldn't need to be digging deep to find out who it is.

"I am a Walmart version of Rat Boy!” - River

dit
2 minutes ago, Bradley said:

ok still, Gaga writes all of her albums on the road and many of them were successful

yes but he is talking specifically about 1 record that he considers to have been an under performance. He did not say all the records the artist wrote on the road were not a success. He did make it sound like this was the first time that this artist had written the bulk of the work on the road but again with everything else mentioned in this thread to ignore or dismiss the fact that this is probably 99% about Gaga is strange tbh. We can disagree with his opinion but at the end of the day he was almost certainly speaking about Gaga now that I read a lot of these comments and made my own research. Can you pin point any other aritst who was considered a big success, signed to interscope, had big enough commitments that were valued at upwards of 50 million dollars (as mentioned in the interview) and later on under performed (in his opinion) other then Gaga? 

Bradley
3 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

Lmao y tf is Pharrell sitting there and laughing? His last album with a HUGE single sold like 590 K in the US. And Happy was his last hit. :toofunny: He should worry about his own sales 

That doesn't mean he hates Gaga :rip: he literally did nothing

gagagoogoose

Didn't Gaga write 60+ songs for BTW when she was in the middle of the Monster Ball Tour?

Some of the best albums came from artists being on the road. Eg. E.MO.TION

Like Gaga said: “If god calls you, pick up the damn phone.” Ideas come during random times.

monketsharona

but quite rapidly after MR peaked... But clearly now Joanne's era is done (appart the tour)

Arturo

The criticism was fine until they all laughed about it like it was some well known joke. Also Pharrell is in no place to be laughing. Outside of Happy he's as relevant to music as Ryan Tedder. Writing a bunch of stuff and just hoping that out of the trillion he wrote one or two will stick. 

Also im sure ARTPOP and Joanne have brought interscope more money than any recent female artists albums in their roster and most other artists in their roster excluding Eminem and Kendrick

Selena, Lana, One Republic, Maroon 5, Madonna (since MDNA), and Carly aren't bringing in bank. Sorry

Rat Boy
1 minute ago, Arturo said:

The criticism was fine until they all laughed about it like it was some well known joke. Also Pharrell is in no place to be laughing. Outside of Happy he's as relevant to music as Ryan Tedder. Writing a bunch of stuff and just hoping that out of the trillion he wrote one or two will stick. 

Also im sure ARTPOP and Joanne have brought interscope more money than any recent female artists albums in their roster and most other artists in their roster excluding Eminem and Kendrick

Selena, Lana, One Republic, Maroon 5, Madonna (since MDNA), and Carly aren't bringing in bank. Sorry

So do you think he was referring to Gaga?

dit
3 minutes ago, Arturo said:

This so much!

loathereality
2 hours ago, Albertodift said:

9:27 (apparently everyone is saying he is hinting at Gaga...)

Also watch the entire interview as there are hints scattered across the whole thing. 

he has more makeup on than sasha velour

migamiga
42 minutes ago, CheapGin said:

Yes messy era not AS massive as her debut but still massive by many standards.

Also, I think Jimmy is probably taking about Robin Thicke...

Paula was released in 2014 right after he toured for Blurred Lines and sold 24K first week in the US but 550 copies in Canada 530 in UK and 157 copies in Australia and that's AFTER a world wide smash hit single. ARTPOP and BTW are in different realms.  AP couldn't dream of the Paula nightmare.

Makes sense. Probably why Pharrell knew who he was talking about. But calling Robin Thicke a huge artist :emma:

Rat Boy
1 minute ago, F AM E said:

Makes sense. Probably why Pharrell knew who he was talking about. But calling Robin Thicke a huge artist :emma:

Also, did Robin Thicke do a gig in Dubai? Probably not. Gaga on the other hand did recently do a show in Dubai.

migamiga
7 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Outside of Happy he's as relevant to music as Ryan Tedder.

:selena: Yikes, I'd be careful. Pharrell is a legend. Sure he might not the most successful solo artist but his impact as a songwriter/producer is undeniable. He was behind a lot of hit records in the 2000s. I'd do a little more research before throwing comments like that around.

But yes, the laughing was rude.

Irrelevant
Just now, Mer Boy said:

Also, did Robin Thicke do a gig in Dubai? Probably not. Gaga on the other hand did recently do a show in Dubai.

He did in 2016 :laughga: In a club I think

13 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Eminem, U2 and Gaga are actually their best selling artists actually :lana:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Archived