Antonio

Featured Posts

ItsTommyBitch

Okay... It will probably be

#2 Brooklyn Baby

#1 West Coast

But Brooklyn Baby deserves that top spot :giveup: 

~~~~

West Coast is amazing, her best single ever, but Brooklyn Baby is so immaculately crafted, it can't be denied. The lyrics are flawless and new for lana, and show that she can write about lots of things, her vocals are FLAWLESS, the instrumental is great, its some of her best cooing, her best attitude in her vocals, even an interesting bridge! It also has a beautiful outro and its a 6 minute song that feels like 4 :air:  What doesn't this song have? :giveup:  Ever since I heard/saw the Album Sampler on YouTube I knew it would be one of her best songs of all time and I was right :pray: 

Please god :pray: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BibleThisWay

ok as much as Brooklyn Baby is my favourite, I know it's not going #1 but I thought it was going to be #6 max so I'll take #2 

I'm officialy done, Brooklyn Baby and West Coast share the top 2?

If BB is #1 I'll start a riot

0JO98.gif

The earth shattered, the sky opened, The rain was fire but we were wooden

BibleThisWay
Just now, ItsTommyBitch said:

Okay... It will probably be

#2 Brooklyn Baby

#1 West Coast

But Brooklyn Baby deserves that top spot :giveup: 

~~~~

West Coast is amazing, her best single ever, but Brooklyn Baby is so immaculately crafted, it can't be denied. The lyrics are flawless and new for lana, and show that she can write about lots of things, her vocals are FLAWLESS, the instrumental is great, its some of her best cooing, her best attitude in her vocals, even an interesting bridge! It also has a beautiful outro and its a 6 minute song that feels like 4 :air:  What doesn't this song have? :giveup:  Ever since I heard/saw the Album Sampler on YouTube I knew it would be one of her best songs of all time and I was right :pray: 

Please god :pray: 

Let's pray sistren

Antonio

btw Old Money was the first song to receive an 11 in this rate!

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

ItsTommyBitch
Just now, BibleThisWay said:

Let's pray sistren

tumblr_nb6bsa3xlf1t04b60o1_500.png

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

halcyonpop
3 minutes ago, Antonio said:

d19Ea0z.jpg

-----◆-----

Highest Score | 11

@Moebius @Trepadation @KING ELIZABITCH @ReRe @britneygaga99 @joannester @Creyk @halcyonpop @FREAK @Gia Gunn @IndieKylie

Lowest Score | 4

@Illuminati

-----◆-----

Antonio's Remark | 10

Magical, this is a Lana that is not present in any of her other songs, Old Money is something special. First of all, the lyrics are top of the toppest notches. Old Money started off pretty sketchy in the rate, it was somewhere in the top half but lower than it is now, and all of the sudden the 11s just kept rollin in and made it a member of our top 3, congrats!

My Ideal Placement | #4

-----◆-----

Commentary

above 5

Reveal hidden contents

@Moebius | 11 | "Hands down, one of the best tracks Lana has to offer. The haunting vocals, and how the whole song blends well together, I can't."

@halcyonpop | 11 | "I feel sad about things that I never did, relationships I never had, drinks I never tried, and my desire to drown my melancholic self in pure white light. A masterpiece."

@britneygaga99 | 11 | "This song is a gift from God, and Gagadaily better recognize it."

@IndieKylie | 11 | "My eleven. I love this song, it's so beautiful and so Lana. It's very understated and relatively unrecognized, despite it's brilliance. 'I'll run to you, I'll run to you,' just slays me. And the opening lines? I constantly find myself echoing 'blue hydrangea' randomly..."

@Trepadation | 11 | "The Born to Die of the album, this is what Lana embodies, one of her saddest songs if not saddest."

@Vodka | 10 | "Hated this song bc of a personal experience, but it's a beautiful song. It makes me wanna just dive backfirst onto a field of cologned flowers by the sea."

@musicland | 10 | "WHAT KIND OF ANGEL MERMAID SENT TO EARTH CREATURE CREATES SUCH A MASTERPIECE UMM LANA DOES. She emulates glamour so well. Old Money is one of the most nostalgic tracks on this record for me."

@littlepotter | 10 | "I really hope this makes it to the top 3. Everything about this is perfect. The smooth violins, the soft piano, the breathtaking melody, the heavenly vocals, the nostalgia of it all... Beautiful song."

@sethrb101 | 10 | "Per-fec-tion. Lana sounds so pretty and regal in this one. The instrumental is gorgeous as well."

@SirLudicopro | 10 | "Along with Pretty When You Cry, this is probably the saddest song on the album, although this one relies more on melancholy and nostalgia. The references to Lana's parents (My father's love was always strong / My mother's glamour lives on and on) can pretty much hit a chord with anyone and bring back long forgotten childhood memories. This track has some of the best lyrics of the whole record, which is saying a lot. They just depict Lana's desire to do anything for the person she loves if only they would take her back or send her a sing (But if you send for me, you know I'll come / And if you call for me, you know I'll run). The best part of the song though, in my opinion, is its bridge. The way she sings it with such passion and despair is truly chill-inducing. Those ooh-oohs are also so haunting and tragic sounding. Overall, this is a very sad and haunting ballad that is bound to get to pretty much anyone."

@SinnersVenus | 10 | "There is something so hopeful about the production, and the soaring instrumentation makes me happy. I was contemplating giving it a lower score because I think the verses are too long, but I left it at a 10 because it’s one of the best choruses on the album, for sure."

@Thomas | 10 | "Sonically, Old Money really capture what Lana built up her image to be. Easy, story telling and nostalgic lyrics floating on a bed of impeccable melodies and vulnerability. A stand out track among the themes of rage and desperate love."

@AJK273 | 10 | "Her most beautiful song in her discography, there is such elegant pain in the song and it just is remarkable. It leave you speechless, just listen to it. If you don't like it go get your much needed hearing aid sis."

@Harry | 9.5 | "Straight up one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. Her best ballad, hands down. Stunning lyrics and vocals, and the way the chords move in the chorus after the slow moving verses is so effective. I wish she'd play this more."

@ItsTommyBitch | 9.2 | "This is so gorgeous. I still cry to it sometimes  One of the few tracks that kept some strings and cinematic production, and I'm honestly grateful for it.

@narcoswing | 9 | "I liked it more when Ultraviolence was released, but it's still beautiful. The Methamphetamine throwback melts my old Lana stan heart."

@Maleficent | 9 | "strong nostalgia from this song."

@Lona Delery | 8 | "I love Lana's songs with Dan Heath, so no wonder I like this one. It is kind of refreshing to have an orchestral, string and piano driven song after a ton of loud and guitar heavy song. The melody and vocals are haunting and heavenly."

@slayo | | "This is a beautiful song. Kind of like with ‘Cruel World’, I think of this song sometimes as “Bel Air Pt. 2”, but more heartfelt."

@juju | 7.5 | "Yet another downtempo track... But, it does have a nice melody around the post-chorus that earns it a decent enough score from me."

@Evan Peters | 7 | "it reminds me of the great gatsby so i love it automatically."

@Versus | 6 | "beautiful verses but the chorus is so lackluster."

5 and below

Reveal hidden contents

none!

Could my 11 please go number one just ONCE in my life?? :neyde:

2 minutes ago, Antonio said:

btw Old Money was the first song to receive an 11 in this rate!

By whom? 

The earth shattered, the sky opened, The rain was fire but we were wooden

BibleThisWay

This is my first megarate ever. All 6 of my 10s and my 11 were in the top 8 lol

Antonio
1 hour ago, FREAK said:

By who? 

@Trepadation

ItsTommyBitch
Just now, BibleThisWay said:

This is my first megarate ever. All 6 of my 10s and my 11 were in the top 8. 

Most of my 10s were bottom 15-7 ish :laughga: I gave a lot of 10s though, its why this is one of my favorite albums of all time :giveup: 

My lowest was a 7 :classy: 

Antonio
1 hour ago, SinnersVenus said:

GIVE US THE TOP 2 ALREADY

:hor: 

Archived