US Charts Discussion (Part 3)

Americano

Featured Posts

I want another R&B surge. :( Like in the late '90s.

& imo Whitney's best song

Edited by sin

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Valentino

• Klou

Top Posters In This Topic

I want another R&B surge. :( Like in the late '90s.

& imo Whitney's best song

Eww no :eww: :eww: :eww:

We just broke free of the Hip-Hop/R&B phase in 2008/2009... No need to go right back.

Eww no :eww: :eww: :eww:

We just broke free of the Hip-Hop/R&B phase in 2008/2009... No need to go right back.

That was SO not r&b. That was a ****ty Timbaland sound and really bad hip hop.

Arturo

If Carly Rae cockblocks Wide Awake I'll love Carly forever.

I'm not even kidding.

That was SO not r&b. That was a ****ty Timbaland sound and really bad hip hop.

Yeah, at the tail end of it which probably attributed to it phasing out... Music sucks at the moment, but I would rather have crappy dance music than R&B flooding the radio. It just personally does nothing for me.

. R & B is dead. I thought this would never happen. But Usher had good longevity. Lasted over a decade. He was gonna flop into oblivion eventually. And Beyonce better pull that electro music, or she will flop into the moon too.

It's needed to DIE for a long time. 70-80s music was so much better.

Valentino

. R & B is dead. I thought this would never happen. But Usher had good longevity. Lasted over a decade. He was gonna flop into oblivion eventually. And Beyonce better pull that electro music, or she will flop into the moon too.

All due respect *clears throat*...but I disagree with that completely. Some artists come and go, then there're artists like Cher, Madonna, Gaga and Beyoncé. :coffee:

All due respect *clears throat*...but I disagree with that completely. Some artists come and go, then there're artists like Cher, Madonna, Gaga and Beyoncé. :coffee:

Cher and Madonna had to re-invent themselves musically to survive so long.

If Beyonce keeps making albums like 4, it will be like Madonna trying to sell Like a Virgin and True Blue music in mid-90s

ETA - that's from a pop radio perspective, Bey could be a success on Urban with R&B but it wouldn't cross over like before.

Edited by craig

RabbitHeart

EDIT: also is it true that Adele only co-wrote "rolling in the deep"? I thought she wrote all the songs on her album? I am reading comments to the contrary. :confused:

I'm pretty sure Adele co-writes. I forget where, but I remember Ryan Tedder explaining the writing process behind Turning Tables once and he said that she was explaining how she felt about the tables turning in her relationship, and he started the song-writing process from there, taking the turning tables concept. She makes music that...just sounds like she writes everything.

Chart Newsâ€@chartnews

US digital sales: @CarrieUnderwood's Good Girl tops the 1 million mark this week (1,036,000). It's her 9th million-selling digital hit.

That's great for her :clap:

Good Girl and Blow Away are my jams :flutter:

I hope these songs climb the charts :cry: we need country-pop crossover hits that aren't Taylor Swift songs.

Arturo

I'm pretty sure Adele co-writes. I forget where, but I remember Ryan Tedder explaining the writing process behind Turning Tables once and he said that she was explaining how she felt about the tables turning in her relationship, and he started the song-writing process from there, taking the turning tables concept. She makes music that...just sounds like she writes everything.

I hope these songs climb the charts :cry: we need country-pop crossover hits that aren't Taylor Swift songs.

Omg this! Taylor swift is just so .. :roll:

I'm here for Carrie :flutter:

I'm so happy she sold 1M with this single :legend:

Omg this! Taylor swift is just so .. :roll:

I'm here for Carrie :flutter:

I'm so happy she sold 1M with this single :legend:

Not here for any of them tbh. :roll:

I feel like Carly is going to be a one hit wonder.

Not here for any of them tbh. :roll:

I feel like Carly is going to be a one hit wonder.

REALLY hard to call.

I'd say indie crossovers like Foster the People and Gotye are more likely to be a fluke. Even LMFAO.

Carly Rae seems to have the will to be a pop star - write hits, do promo. She's been working at songwriting for awhile too. Don't see why she can't have a Kelly Clarkson-like career.

REALLY hard to call.

I'd say indie crossovers like Foster the People and Gotye are more likely to be a fluke. Even LMFAO.

Carly Rae seems to have the will to be a pop star - write hits, do promo. She's been working at songwriting for awhile too. Don't see why she can't have a Kelly Clarkson-like career.

I see that. But usually there is a an exception. Gaga and Katy are great examples.

RabbitHeart

I see that. But usually there is a an exception. Gaga and Katy are great examples.

I think Carly has the potential. It all depends on what she does now...she doesn't have an album out in the US yet, does she? At least, not one with CMM on it (I think). I prefer her over Katy, tbh.