💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Grammys Offer Apology to Metallica, Theorize Onstage Extra Kicked Out Cable

lego

Featured Posts

The Grammys have issued an official apology to Metallica and Lady Gaga for the technical difficulties experienced during their performance of “Moth Into Flame.’ Along with the apology, a longtime Grammy producer theorized that one of the extras onstage kicked a cable, causing James Hetfield’s mic to go dead.

Metallica’s mic issue is a complicated one. Everything reportedly went well during soundcheck and a Romanian Metallica fan club reported their online feed sounded fine, with only the TV broadcast suffering. Regardless, Hetfield was livid after the performance, kicking his mic stand and bitterly throwing his guitar away once the song concluded. Drummer Lars Ulrich later told James Corden it “was not a lot of fun” being in the dressing room with Hetfield following the mishap.

“These kinds of things are horrible when they happen,” Grammy producer Ken Ehrlich said in an interview with The Associated Press. “That’s one of the risks of live television. My guys say that the mic cable was connected. My guys’ theory was that … one of the extras (onstage) accidentally kicked out the cable that went to the mic. Obviously, we apologize to the band.”

The Grammys also apologized to Lifetime Achievement Award winner Shirley Caesar, who was misidentified during the ceremony when a photo of gospel star CeCe Winans was shown instead of Caesar during a montage.

Read More: Grammys Offer Apology to Metallica For Mic Issues | http://loudwire.com/grammys-apology-metallica-mic-issues-onstage-extra-kicked-out-cable/?trackback=tsmclip

One more reason not to have those extras on stage with Metallica.  :madge: 

FreePalestine

16729133_1256493547759961_20961534037759

This pic is everywhere. :rip:

For those who don't know it's Dave Mustaine from Megadeth. 

They kicked him out of Metallica back in the day. 

FreePalestine

However unfortunate, they apologized. We can't take back what's already happened, so let's move forward. I pray that none of you ever make a mistake that you can't seek forgiveness for. 

14 minutes ago, Logan said:

We can't take back what's already happened, so let's move forward.

I see this often, but tbh you don't have to read these news. Grammys would never let this happen to someone like Beyonce for example. She got 9 minutes for her performance and if something would go wrong, it wouldn't last that long to fix it or she could start over like Adele.  Metallica just had to keep going with almost half song with mute microphone, I don't think they would even be allowed to restart it because of the "tight schedule". Not to mention not announcing them or playing Metallica song when Megadeth won. They're disrespecting the whole genre for ages. 

The best comparison I saw, if Gaga and Beyonce would perform Telephone at the Grammys with the host announcing only "Queen Bey" and then Gaga's mic would be dead, little monsters wouldn't just "get over it and move on". 

FreePalestine

Why didn't they have back up microphones or why didn't they give James the same type of microphone like Lady Gaga's that could work wirelessly without the cord? It just seemed unprofessional for a big time show that The Grammys claim to be. 

Silence those demons... . 🖤

Nirvana

This still should not have happened, I'm trying to get over this but it's hard... A great performance that should have been remembered for much more than about a mic problem.

12 minutes ago, lego said:

I see this often, but tbh you don't have to read these news. Grammys would never let this happen to someone like Beyonce for example. She got 9 minutes for her performance and if something would go wrong, it wouldn't last that long to fix it or she could start over like Adele.  Metallica just had to keep going with almost half song with mute microphone, I don't think they would even be allowed to restart it because of the "tight schedule". Not to mention not announcing them or playing Metallica song when Megadeth won. They're disrespecting the whole genre for ages. 

The best comparison I saw, if Gaga and Beyonce would perform Telephone at the Grammys with the host announcing only "Queen Bey" and then Gaga's mic would be dead, little monsters wouldn't just "get over it and move on". 

Oh trust me, I can acknowledge that it was extremely unprofessional of them and disrespectful to Metallica. I'm saying that realistically there's nothing that they can do at this point besides apologize, which they have now done. No amount of arguing is going to make time go back and fix things. The Grammys were full of mistakes that affected countless people, it definitely wasn't an isolated issue that just affected Metallica. When we say "The Grammys are a joke", well the Grammys aren't one person. It's a massive team of people which increases the margin of error. Luckily there's versions online that have his vocals included in the performance. 

HYPERCRUSH
16 minutes ago, lego said:

Yup it's suuuper disrespectful and they were done so wrong that night...

JustinTrudeau
40 minutes ago, lego said:

The Grammys have issued an official apology to Metallica and Lady Gaga for the technical difficulties experienced during their performance of “Moth Into Flame.’ Along with the apology, a longtime Grammy producer theorized that one of the extras onstage kicked a cable, causing James Hetfield’s mic to go dead.

I hope this is accidental 'cause that's evil if it's on purpose :giggle:

At least they apologize, because I was afraid they wouldn't. Still was a great performance though.

I fell down the stairs once as an actor.

Archived