💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Can she ?

Notthebling

Featured Posts

Notthebling
10 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

She also has music videos to continue and more Making Joanne episodes to release too. The question you're asking is completely unlikely. 

I know it's unlikely. And i said in the OP that I'm not asking if it's going to happen. 99% it wont.

I'm just curious about the reasons WHY it's impossible. Why is interscope losing money if she does release an album, 6 months after Joanne (or whatever one she already released in fact).

To me, it seems like a good idea. New music at SB = ppl buying the album = ppl going to the tour. 

With the amount of promo she put in Joanne, it just surprises me it's this album that she'll promote at the SB. Do you get what I mean?

Dat - doo - deet - doe. Dat - doo - deet - doe, dat - doo - deet - doe. Baby let's get high, John Wayne

In practical terms, she would only have to "cancel" the tour and the serie of concerts that have been announced. But it's not really a cancellation because there wasn't a proper announcement, tickets weren't sold (I think), maybe they haven't started the production and paying for things yet. She doesn't have any other performances booked (as far as I remember) and she probably hasn't started working on the next single yet, so the impact wouldn't be sooooo big.

Now finding time to work on a new album and spending money to make songs all over again would be the tough factor in this situation, not Joanne's cancellation itself. I believe Gaga pays for the songs and Interscope pays for the promo - Interscope gets the money back in sales, Gaga in tours. The first would have the money of some album and single sales, but Gaga would get basically nothing from concerts (except her expensive residence last year lol).

22 minutes ago, JpDupuis said:

Can she ? How much did interscope pay to get Joanne released? Would they loose money if she released and album 6 months later? And if yes, why is that a lost of money. That's what I'm asking. 

I don't think Interscope would allow this move, though. I mean, every album, specially when it comes to Gaga, is a risk for them. Doing that they would be stopping a risk-cycle that still had some potential of paying back (if they agreed to release Joanne it's clearly because they predicted some sort of payback) and investing on a brand new risk-cycle that they know nothing about yet. They would lose "potential money", I think. But it would depend A LOT on what she would present as the new concept.

I mean, if the album does absolutely incredible on sales, charts and concerts, everybody would have their pockets full of money, but that's a whoooooole another story.

Notthebling
Just now, Allan said:

I don't think Interscope would allow this move, though. I mean, every album, specially when it comes to Gaga, is a risk for them. Doing that they would be stopping a risk-cycle that still had some potential of paying back (if they agreed to release Joanne it's clearly because they predicted some sort of payback) and investing on a brand new risk-cycle that they know nothing about yet. They would lose "potential money", I think. But it would depend A LOT on what she would present as the new concept.

But money wise, I would think Interscope has better chances in making more money with releasing a new album. 

It's like trying to get juice from a pressed lemon or just taking a brand new, full one.. 

Dat - doo - deet - doe. Dat - doo - deet - doe, dat - doo - deet - doe. Baby let's get high, John Wayne

Reality
2 minutes ago, Notthebling said:

I know it's unlikely. And i said in the OP that I'm not asking if it's going to happen. 99% it wont.

I'm just curious about the reasons WHY it's impossible. Why is interscope losing money if she does release an album, 6 months after Joanne (or whatever one she already released in fact).

To me, it seems like a good idea. New music at SB = ppl buying the album = ppl going to the tour. 

With the amount of promo she put in Joanne, it just surprises me it's this album that she'll promote at the SB. Do you get what I mean?

Well, it's not like she's only going to perform Joanne at the SB. She'll perform, 1, 2 songs max. Of course she'll take this time and the performance to promote Joanne, though. It's doing relatively well, and as you said yourself, it's great promotion.

It's impossible because 1) Gaga herself won't allow it. It just doesn't make sense to stop in the middle of trying to promote an album 2) Interscope already has faith in Gaga and in Joanne, otherwise, they wouldn't have wanted her to make the album 

🃏🖤👹

Just now, Notthebling said:

But money wise, I would think Interscope has better chances in making more money with releasing a new album

It's like trying to get juice from a pressed lemon or just taking a brand new, full one.. 

I do think so! And it's not that Joanne was an album made to get Interscope a lot of money anyway.

But what I mean is Gaga had enough trouble with album cycles being cancelled already. ARTPOP (kinda), then Joanne (if she does so) that was supposed to be her big comeback and a steady era. At some point it'll be kinda hard for Interscope to believe her ideas and give her that much creative control.

59 minutes ago, takemetovenus said:

As much as I'd love to have the original LG5 or a new EP, Gaga definitely wouldn't pay dust to her aunt like that. This album is gonna be here to stay for awhile.

This honestly!

Archived