💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do your parents like Gaga?

Lava

Featured Posts

freebit

He's not in full fan mode or anything, but my dad likes her and thinks she's hot.

She briefly won over my mom during her Tony Bennent/Sound of Music era, and she concedes that she's talented, but otherwise thinks she's trashy.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlexanderLevi2

My mom is obsessed with Poker Face.Like she made me call her and let her listen to it the three Gaga concerts I went to :giveup:

One day she visited me at college and we were driving around and she sang the lyrics to Applause.

She's not obsessed with her but she will listen to the albums and watch her performances :wub:

Currently listening to Joanne

huttont

Both f my parents know I'm obsessed and know she can sing. They looked forward to her national anthem and oscar performance and thought they were amazing. I made my mom a CD of The Fame and The Fame Monster. She plays it at work.

sillynate

My mom only likes the hits :emma:

But you know what's weird? She LOVES the Chainsmokers :emma: she wanted to go to a rave and see them but I convinced her not to go :toofunny:

Not The Real Gaga

My mother is also a big fan, not a "Monster", but just a "regular big fan". I've been to The Born This Way Ball and ArtRave: The ARTPOP Ball tours with her.

My dad became a fan of her since the release of Cheek to Cheek. We also went together to the tour. And, actually not surprisingly, he loves Joanne (the album) and he MUST go to the tour to see her playing the album live. He doesn't like her older work (and Perfect Illusion Dancing In Circles, so her obvious pop music productions), though.

So, if Gaga does give fans another opportunity to Meet&Greet her during the - whatever it's named - Joanne tour, my parents can go together and we will be still all under the same concert hall roof. :D

Writing this makes me really happy, actually :excited2:

:diane::hug:

RodeckDanny

My parents worship her! all thanks to me ahahah

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

Glittertinks

My mom, 52, is stanning Gaga. Not as much as me (she belongs more to the BeyHive, but Gaga comes second. I have it the other way around :poot:)

She loves Gypsy, Pokerface, Million Reasons, loved ARTPOP, loves her piano performances and the crazier the outfit, the better. 

I am pretty blessed with my mom, she's such a stan :diane:

ARTPOPNick

My dad is a real stan (more because of her Ass lol.. You and I is his bop, but he likes Bad Romance too)

My mother more a BTW stan :) she loves BTW and the messages she spread

they always come with me to her concerts, they even went to Cheek to Cheek tour

:) They also are always curious about her new singles and albums soo.. :) 

Whenever Lady Gaga comes on the radio, my mom turns the volume up, so I'm pretty sure that means she likes her music. I think she likes most of her old music though. '^-^

Bolkins

My mum doesn't really participate in conversation if I bring her up, I don't think she has an opinion on her but then again I doubt she an opinion on many pop stars. I'm sure I'd get the same blank expression if I spoke about Beyoncé to her. 

My dad however vehemently despises Gags, I tried to get him to like her back in the early days but he couldn't move past the madonna comparisons, he grew up in the 80s I kinda get it. He's quite a spiritual person too (not Christianity, more new age spiritualism) and I think he recognised the darkness/occultism references and it made him wary and distrusting of her.

Chiunzhan

My mom and my sister are stans basically :sweat: My dad liked her when he listened to Joanne, before that she was another singer on earth for him.

My mum is the one who introduced me to Gaga. :toofunny:

She was like, "this singer is really weird, you'd like her" and the rest was history! She loves Just Dance and Poker Face and her The Fame days, not really a fan of ARTPOP/BTW but enjoys some songs. She really loves Joanne (album). My dad is indifferent; he thinks she's talented and respects her, but that's about it. :toofunny: 

❤ x ❤

GagaTheExplorer

well, no :toofunny:

cause they are so into the church and you know the things they talk about gaga into the church...

Spoiler

they don't know who is gaga btw, the other day my mom watched her on TV and asked my if that was Madonna... :wtf:

Oriane

My mom likes her, she's not a fan but she has respect for her and thinks she's talented. She thinks she's too provocative though and ripped off some things from Madonna, but she's better anyway because she can sing etc. She knows the most famous songs like Bad Romance, Poker Face... Most of the time I listen to Gaga's albums in my room so she doesn't hear them a lot, I don't know what she would think of the less known songs.

My dad doesn't like her. He's more into rock music. Whenever I put Gaga's albums in the car it bothers him, he's wondering how I can like this.
But one day we were at a family dinner and after this we were all watching videos from Youtube on the TV. There were my grandparents, my uncles and aunts, and they were mostly watching old singers I didn't like. And someone asked me to put Lady Gaga, for fun, and all the others were grumbling. So I started to put some of her acoustic versions to show them she could sing, play piano etc. At one point I put Yoü and I at the VMAs and my dad recognized Brian May at the end, so he was surprised and I told him she worked with a lot of rock musicians. So he asked me to show him, and I put Gimme Shelter with the Rolling Stones, King of Pain with Sting... He began more interested and asked if she had other collabs so I showed him Bennie and the Jets/ARTPOP with Elton John. Then my grandparents said they heard she had made an album with "a very old man" so I put a live of Cheek to Cheek.
My dad didn't say anything but I know he gained more respect for her that day and realized she was a good musician and could sing rock easily.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Archived