💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Paramore Playa Misery Business Again In Stockholm After A Personal Request

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Apparently Taylor Swift had requested it personally to her friend, Hayley. 

Previously, Hayley said she would retire the song from Paramore setlist in 2018, largely due to listener backlash. Some critics found "Misery Business" sexist, particularly for one lyric that refers to another woman as a "*****."

Williams reiterated her position on "Misery Business" as recently as 2020, when she called out Spotify for adding "Misery Business" to a playlist of women rock stars. 

"I know it's one of the band's biggest songs but it shouldn't be used to promote anything having to do with female empowerment or solidarity," she wrote on Instagram in 2020.

But after years of fans defending the song and Williams reiterating her commitment to feminism, the band felt comfortable playing it live again.

"Four years ago, we said we were gonna retire this song for a little while, and I guess technically we did," Williams told her audience at Sunday's gig, according to Rolling Stone. "But what we did not know was that, just about five minutes after I got canceled for saying the word '*****' in a song, all of TikTok decided that it was OK."

The band was singing the song the last time at Coachella with Billie Eilish. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ young, dumb, and full of numb (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • YAAAS 5

holy scheisse

Personally this song was never cancelled for me :teenidle: such a significant piece of their discography to leave out

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Helxig

What are y'all talking about? They played it on their entire last tour lol I saw them perform it live last year

They brought it back due to popular demand and said they don't believe in the message anymore, but will play it for the fans, and she omitted the word '*****' and jokingly told us off for singing it :laughga: 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Thanks 2

River

We don't talk about this "tour".

It's a slap in the face of all the European fans..

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Karl

Yeah they've been performing this the last couple years on tour again 

ryansamonster

Lol, they’ve been performing it since their hiatus ended, ACL festival 2022. I saw them perform it twice since then - at When We Were Young 2022 and their own tour last summer. I guess it does say Hayley performed it without bringing a fan onstage?? Or maybe they just meant it wasn’t supposed to be part of this new tour set list. 

Gohan

I wonder if "queen Taylor" made them put the song back on catalogue kinda like a shady shade for miss Olivia to feel in her Good 4 U puss puss :partysick:

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit
  • LMAO 1

FrederickSpears

This song is so good and iconic and I never cancelled it. One of my fave Paramore songs, it's so annoying how Hayley dropped it. Thank you Taylor!

Ziggy
9 hours ago, Helxig said:

What are y'all talking about? They played it on their entire last tour lol I saw them perform it live last year

They brought it back due to popular demand and said they don't believe in the message anymore, but will play it for the fans, and she omitted the word '*****' and jokingly told us off for singing it :laughga: 

Honestly that’s a great way to do it if you have personal misgivings. It’s a weird spot to be in. It’s your biggest song, not the MOST offensive but maybe you feel it’s a little outdated and such but fans loooove it. It’s good to play it for fans.

Ziggy
8 hours ago, River said:

We don't talk about this "tour".

It's a slap in the face of all the European fans..

Why?

blackpink

i think artistically we should be able to express thoughts - whether good or toxic. obviously anyone with common sense knows the band doesn’t stand for misogyny or slut shaming 

River
30 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Why?

Because we waited a long time for them to come to Europe but at the end the only way to see them is to buy tix for the eras tour which was impossible and who knows when they will come again

I mean the European fanbase is happy for them for the opportunity to sing to new people but then we see these videos when swifties don’t seem to care for them, which I understand, Paramore is a different genre and they didn’t come for them..

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Thanks 1

LaFama

Kinda funny that they only “retired” the song 'cause they took a break and on their first show back Hayley was like “nvm were gonna play it but y'all gonna sing that part” 

But yeah, they've been playing it with fans and solo since 2022, so that special fan can choke :glamourpuss:

Its not a fedora u f*ck

Ziggy
5 hours ago, River said:

Because we waited a long time for them to come to Europe but at the end the only way to see them is to buy tix for the eras tour which was impossible and who knows when they will come again

I mean the European fanbase is happy for them for the opportunity to sing to new people but then we see these videos when swifties don’t seem to care for them, which I understand, Paramore is a different genre and they didn’t come for them..

OH yeah no I’d be mad as hell. I genuinely don’t understand them being her opener bc swifties are not their fans lmao even older ones…they weren’t rocking out to paramore by and large in their heyday. Yeah I hear you I’d be mad

• Thanks 1