💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Drag Race's Kim Chi Lamented Not Being Asked For All Stars 9

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

RuPaul's Drag Race fan-favorite Kim Chi is spilling the tea about not being asked to be on All Stars 9, which premiered on Friday, May 17.

The Korean American drag artist told PEOPLE that, until now, she had been invited to compete on RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars every year since finishing as a runner-up in season 8 of RPDR in 2016. If producers asked her this time, Kim says she would've joined the cast.

“What’s really funny is that they’ve asked me back to be on every season of All Stars, and this season — the non-elimination season — is the only season they didn't ask me back for,” the Kim Chi Chic Beauty founder and CEO told PEOPLE at the Gold Gala in Los Angeles on Saturday, May 11.

“I think I would've done it,” she continued, explaining she'd want all the preparation work and costumes that would go into being on the show to be aired, which would not be the case if she were eliminated early.

Despite not competing, Kim said she is rooting for Plastique Tiara and Roxxy Andrews, who she calls her “IRL [in real life] friends.”

https://www.aol.com/rupaul-drag-race-fan-favorite-024219907.html

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ WUMBOLOGY! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

PunkTheFunk

So she was asked several times and she turned them down and now she's surprised that they aren't asking her again?

• Like 9
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 8

DrKindnessKunt1999

It’s the equivalent of that one friend who never likes going to parties, but wants to get invited so that they’re able to say no and feel some type of way when they’re not invited. 

Maybe if they make another non-elimination season she could be casted. 

• Like 1

Gaga2645
12 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

So she was asked several times and she turned them down and now she's surprised that they aren't asking her again?

Well her thing is for a non elimination season she would be interested as stated in the article, the only other non elim season was All Winners. And I feel her, if they have her lip synch it’s over for her I fear. 
Her artistry would have been AMAZING on this season though. 

• Like 6
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

Ladle Ghoulash

Hopefully her saying this publicly means they ask her for a future non-elim season lol. Would love to have her back on the show! 

• Like 4

RichAssPiss
Posted (edited)

I had this thought exactly when the cast dropped. Kim's never come back, but I was surprised she wouldn't consider a non-elim season. So weird they didn't even ask. She's a superstar. 

Edited by RichAssPiss
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RichAssPiss

I'd like to see a non-elim Runner Up season. The cast could be stacked. Kim, Adore, Detox, Naomi, Kennedy, Ginger, Katya, Peppermint, Anetra, Sapphira. 

• YAAAS 2

RichAssPiss
Just now, RichAssPiss said:

I'd like to see a non-elim Runner Up season. The cast could be stacked. Kim, Adore, Detox, Naomi, Kennedy, Ginger, Katya, Peppermint, Anetra, Sapphira. 

OK, and the promo can be bridesmaids themed as in "Always a bridesmaid."

• Like 1

Levine

Jimbo proved that you can win All Stars even if a 5 yo baby is better than you at lipsyncing. So Kim's points are totally invalid to me and I'm glad they didn't invite her this time. 

Grow up and do a regular All Stars like others did.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

weed
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Levine said:

Jimbo proved that you can win All Stars even if a 5 yo baby is better than you at lipsyncing. So Kim's points are totally invalid to me and I'm glad they didn't invite her this time. 

And Jimbo was extremely grateful with being in the semi-season that is UKvTW! Gracious Queen 

OT: Boo hoo… but im kind of surprised there aren’t really rumblings among the queens when an AS is being cast. I thought girls would be like “omg I was asked and it’s non-elim, did they ask you?”

Edited by weed
  • Thanks 1

HotLikeMexico
6 hours ago, Levine said:

Jimbo was talented but let’s be real… she was pushed. She could fart in a bag during a lipsynch and she’d still win.