Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

Does Gaga still care about charts?

CLLGaga

Featured Posts

- Because of the lyrics you wrote for them?
Yeah. Because when I went to my room to close my eyes and think about what to write to the world, I wasn't thinking about myself anymore. I was thinking about them.

- So it's a selfless act?
I don't know if I'm selfless – I still want to make a great record, I want to make a hit record, I want to tour; that's not completely selfless. But the truth is I'm not interested in people coming to my show for me, as much as I am for them coming to my show for themselves. That's always been how I am. That's what I felt tonight. Those kids, some of them they just looked so happy in a way that is hard to explain in an interview. In the moment, it's like, 'Wow, that's what I did." Even if it's just one person, it's so powerful.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/lady-gaga-talks-dive-bar-tour-family-vibe-of-new-joanne-w443659

The answer is yes. :firega:

giphy.gif

So now all of you Little Enablers need to stop belittling the Little Managers when they voice their concerns about Gaga's success and career trajectory. Gaga is a popstar and hit albums and songs are very important to her career, and she knows that. Stop using that weak "she doesn't write for the charts" excuse. If she can't write a hit record while still intending to be commercially successful, it needs to be a point of criticism. :diane: But with that being said, if she served undeniably good music, most people would not care if it flopped. Though the truth is, the songs she released are underwhelming and don't live up to her standard of quality, except for Ayo (one of her best songs since TFM imo) and maybe Sinner's Prayer. 

Married the Night

It is clear she doesn't care anymore. She has done it all already. Achevies so many hits. She is doing what she wants now. And that's fine. 

Lady Palutena

McqJxmk.jpg

Seriously though, with the new music and everything else, I get the vibe that she doesn't care for them. Which, is fine by me, personally, a lot of songs on my mp3 player are not chart-toppers but that doesn't make me like them any less.

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

Sister

a firm NO. Judging by this new music, besides Perfect Illusion.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

donutellha

I think she's just doing what she's feeling now.

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

doja scat

I thought it was obvious that charts are not the main focus... :toofunny:

Shes making music that she loves and if there is a hit record with any of them, that's great!

don’t get stabbed with the (b)rat tooth

Reality

You can have your opinion on Gaga's career, you can have your opinion on what you believe can be commercially successful or not. 

However, when you start managing her career and critiquing every single possible thing she does, that's when it crosses the line—I'm speaking generally, this is not specifically directed towards you. How is someone going to tell Gaga what she should and should not do in her career? How are you going to tell one of the biggest pop stars how to be successful? That doesn't make sense to me.

And on that note, she's said that her type of pop music isn't "trendy" or "mainstream". She still going to make great records, but she's going to do it her way. Not in a way that only encourages the charts. She wants to create genuine and authentic music, and if that means that it's not to today's music industry's standards, then so be it.

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

xoxo Craig
5 minutes ago, CLLGaga said:

Yeah. Because when I went to my room to close my eyes and think about what to write to the world, I wasn't thinking about myself anymore. I was thinking about them.

I don't know if I'm selfless – I still want to make a great record, I want to make a hit record, I want to tour; that's not completely selfless. But the truth is I'm not interested in people coming to my show for me, as much as I am for them coming to my show for themselves. That's always been how I am. That's what I felt tonight. Those kids, some of them they just looked so happy in a way that is hard to explain in an interview. In the moment, it's like, 'Wow, that's what I did." Even if it's just one person, it's so powerful.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/lady-gaga-talks-dive-bar-tour-family-vibe-of-new-joanne-w443659

giphy.gif

So now all of you Little Enablers need to stop belittling the Little Managers when they voice their concerns about Gaga's success and career trajectory. Gaga is a popstar and hit albums and songs are very important to her career, and she knows that. Stop using that weak "she doesn't write for the charts" excuse. If she can't write a hit record while still intending to be commercially successful, it needs to be a point of criticism. :diane: But with that being said, if she served undeniably good music, most people would not care if it flopped. Though the truth is, the songs she released are underwhelming and don't live up to her standard of quality, except for Ayo (one of her best songs since TFM imo) and maybe Sinner's Prayer. 

A hit record doesn't just mean success on the charts, she wants to see it touch so many people. She said she wants to bring people together with her music. If she does that, then it is a success in her mind. Thats why there are so many genres on Joanne. It will be hit record if she does that :) I dont think anybody has done what she is doing. Taylor Swift left country for pop, and didnt bring them together. Gaga is trying to bring people who like funk, pop, country, dance/electro pop, soul ect. all together. If she successfully does that, then it is a hit. Regardless of chart position :)  I'm here for it

End Racism Now

12 minutes ago, CLLGaga said:

giphy.gif

Beautifuly said 

It's like some of you are refusing to read. I'm not interpreting anything or reaching. She literally said it with her own words. :toofunny:

MaryJaneHolland

She does, but it's not her priority, obviously.

Spoiler

i better bold that part, before y'all drag me :rip:

LUO YI

Actually songs like Million Reasons and AYO smell like hits to me :awkney: I love them  tho. And she deserves more hits.

The night sky tells all

Archived