💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My Problem With Gaga's Musical Direction

mmm

Featured Posts

Just now, Gaga of Time said:

Stop calling everyone that doesn't lign up with your point of view triggered or obsessed or I will report you for bashing other fellow members. :nails:

I dont mind being reported or even banned, I can easily create another account. I actually agree with "PaperIz" but I dont agree with the way he/she is arguing and attacking people for having a different opinion so no im clearly not attacking anyone for having a different opinion.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, AlphaMonster said:

That is an intelligently constructed train of thoughts over there. 

Although it does not fit in the orthodox realm of thinking of american pop fans so you are gonna have to deal with lots of stupidity coming out of 100 IQ brains dear OP. 

Thank you! I started doubting myself as english is not my first language and thought there was something wrong with what I said that nobody could understand. 

AlphaMonster
4 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Thank you! I started doubting myself as english is not my first language and thought there was something wrong with what I said that nobody could understand. 

No, you do some simple mistakes like saying witch instead of which but they are negligible. I personally do not agree with everything you say but I understand them, and find them clear and well constructed. 

People who argue about subjective opinions have no intelligence to grasp subjective property of opinions; it is not like you cannot explain something. 

I agree with you, not completely but I do agree.

My biggest issue with ARTPOP was the fact it was stuck in that awkward purgatory of trying to be something a little different but still very much pop. Take Swine for example... that should have been a balls to the wall huge house track, if she wanted some real drums and instruments in there too, add them, go crazy with it! The problem is it came out so watered down making it nothing more than a pop track with a little bit of an EDM edge.

Now, I like Perfect Illusion but I'm worried she's going to be too stuck in this headset of making pop music... which is evident from the fact she said Mark told her to stop trying to write so many hooks. I'm hopeful that Joanne is going to be good but Gaga needs to do one of two things... go back to making insane pop tracks like TF/M or fully embrace a different direction. You can't move on if you keep looking back.

12 minutes ago, Benji said:

I agree with you, not completely but I do agree.

My biggest issue with ARTPOP was the fact it was stuck in that awkward purgatory of trying to be something a little different but still very much pop. Take Swine for example... that should have been a balls to the wall huge house track, if she wanted some real drums and instruments in there too, add them, go crazy with it! The problem is it came out so watered down making it nothing more than a pop track with a little bit of an EDM edge.

Now, I like Perfect Illusion but I'm worried she's going to be too stuck in this headset of making pop music... which is evident from the fact she said Mark told her to stop trying to write so many hooks. I'm hopeful that Joanne is going to be good but Gaga needs to do one of two things... go back to making insane pop tracks like TF/M or fully embrace a different direction. You can't move on if you keep looking back.

Yes thats exactly what I was trying to say but you said it better :)

2 hours ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Being a fan doesnt mean she has to accept that she changed pop music? being a fan simply means someone who enjoys Gagas music. Some people love her music but still think its shallow and cant see beyond her costumes and some think its the deepest think in Pop music. You are not a fan, you are easily triggered obsessed fan that cant accept any opinion that does not match your love for Gaga.

tumblr_m8m1tmI7Hy1r3ty02o1_400.gifThe only thing I'm triggered by is your hate for Gaga. I'm trying to defend her while you're trying to tear her down so yeah tell me more

giphy-5.gif

21 minutes ago, PaperIz said:

tumblr_m8m1tmI7Hy1r3ty02o1_400.gifThe only thing I'm triggered by is your hate for Gaga. I'm trying to defend her while you're trying to tear her down so yeah tell me more

giphy-5.gif

Isnt that what I told you? I said that you are triggered by people not agreeing with you on Gaga and then you repeat the same thing to me as a come back?! 

1 minute ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Isnt that what I told you? I said that you are triggered by people not agreeing with you on Gaga and then you repeat the same thing to me as a come back?! 

Good, I'm glad we agree that you hate Gaga. Now leave the forums giphy_s.gif

17 minutes ago, PaperIz said:

Good, I'm glad we agree that you hate Gaga. Now leave the forums giphy_s.gif

I never agreed that I hated Gaga but I agree that we have different opinions on Gaga and none of these different opinions are hate but you are a triggered person that thinks anything that doesnt match your love for Gaga is hate. Ive been in this forum since 2008 so dont tell me to leave :) 

OP I think people are a little stuck on the title "The Problem With Gaga's Career", I think that implies to people that you are worried about her commercial success which isn't what you are saying. I'll change it to "My Problem With Gaga's Direction" and that might reflect your thoughts a little better :)

I actually agree with you. I like PI, but the problem I've had with it is what you have said, it seems a little in the middle. It's certainly different from her old stuff, but it's also clearly catering to a Pop audience. With Kevin Parker as a producer I would have liked Gaga to go a little deeper and really utilise Kevin's strengths as a producer. I'd love Gaga to worry less about the pop side of things and really jump in and completely immerse herself in this new direction.

I do understand why PI is lead though, It's probably the most commercial single which is what Interscope wants, and I think it probably acts as a sort of bridge into her new sound. PI is accessible to her Pop fans with its hooks and repetitiveness but it also has an edge that appeals to a new audience. It's sort of like a way to say "There is something in this album for both of you".

With collaborations with Beck, Father John Misty and Florence Welsh as well as the continued production of Kevin Parker and others, I'm pretty hopeful that she will be diving in a bit deeper with the album tracks. That's what I'm excited for. Gaga has said herself that PI isn't totally reflective of the album, which I also take as a positive.

I think we still need to remember that Gaga is signed to a major label. They want to release the songs that are most likely going to be commercially viable. PI is probably that option because it still caters to a pop audience. Her lead single probably isn't going to be the track where she really dives deep into a psychedelic rock inspired sound. She still has an album to really explore this new direction and I think it's going to be in some of the deeper album cuts that she really shines this era :)

10 minutes ago, Bebe said:

OP I think people are a little stuck on the title "The Problem With Gaga's Career", I think that implies to people that you are worried about her commercial success which isn't what you are saying. I'll change it to "My Problem With Gaga's Direction" and that might reflect your thoughts a little better :)

I actually agree with you. I like PI, but the problem I've had with it is what you have said, it seems a little in the middle. It's certainly different from her old stuff, but it's also clearly catering to a Pop audience. With Kevin Parker as a producer I would have liked Gaga to go a little deeper and really utilise Kevin's strengths as a producer. I'd love Gaga to worry less about the pop side of things and really jump in and completely immerse herself in this new direction.

I do understand why PI is lead though, It's probably the most commercial single which is what Interscope wants, and I think it probably acts as a sort of bridge into her new sound. PI is accessible to her Pop fans with its hooks and repetitiveness but it also has an edge that appeals to a new audience. It's sort of like a way to say "There is something in this album for both of you".

With collaborations with Beck, Father John Misty and Florence Welsh as well as the continued production of Kevin Parker and others, I'm pretty hopeful that she will be diving in a bit deeper with the album tracks. That's what I'm excited for. Gaga has said herself that PI isn't totally reflective of the album, which I also take as a positive.

I think we still need to remember that Gaga is signed to a major label. They want to release the songs that are most likely going to be commercially viable. PI is probably that option because it still caters to a pop audience. Her lead single probably isn't going to be the track where she really dives deep into a psychedelic rock inspired sound. She still has an album to really explore this new direction and I think it's going to be in some of the deeper album cuts that she really shines this era :)

Yeah I think its the tittle but I also think they should have red what I said or dont comment.. and yes I agree with what you said about her new album but im still a bit worried.

3 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Yeah I think its the tittle but I also think she should have read what I said because I clearly did not say that.. and yes I agree with what you said.

"Yeah I think its the tittle but I also think she should have read what I said because I clearly did not say that"

I agree that if people had read what you wrote and genuinely considered it, people would have come to a different conclusion. It just seems like a lot of people read your title and became defensive straight away because it seemed like another thread worried about her commercial success.

I'm not blaming you for anything, I think it's unfortunate that people didn't just take the time to read what you have written, but I do think the new title reflects your topic a little better :)

Well, I agree with you and with Benji. She's not strong enough to leave the past behind and move on completely. I said it and I'm not hating Gaga, is what I think. She is very sensible, she's an amazing woman but she doesn't seem to be confident anymore. 

The night sky tells all

13 minutes ago, Prince Bananas said:

Well, I agree with you and with Benji. She's not strong enough to leave the past behind and move on completely. I said it and I'm not hating Gaga, is what I think. She is very sensible, she's an amazing woman but she doesn't seem to be confident anymore. 

Ive been following her since 2008 so I know that Gaga has never been confident the way people think she is and I dont think its a bad thing.

Archived