💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Disney Star playing gay **** star in new movie

Serendipity

Featured Posts

did you not read what i said? there will never not be a role for straight people because they're the majority and because the entertainment industry heavily caters to straight people.

the fact that some of y'all aren't seeing the issue is a little unsettling. 

besides, gay actors are getting roles now and isn't that what's important? Neil Patrick Harris is universally adored and a lot of other gay actors are as well. Do I think that it is still an inhospitable place to be openly gay and a leading man? Of course. But do I think we should FORBID a straight actor from playing a gay role because we want a gay person doing it instead? No. I think it should be based on who played the role the best and if that actor is straight then it should go to him. If the better actor was gay then obviously you would go with him.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gianni Versace

No sweetie he's saying that they shouldn't hire an Indian character to play a white role on the sole basis of  needing more minorities in the film. He spoke out against white washing not for it. I don't think you're coming off as intelligent as you think you are 

"they shouldn't hire an Indian character to play a white role"

but where am i saying that at all? :lmao:

I'm saying that if there is a indian role, cast an indian!!! not that hard to comprehend.

"they shouldn't hire an Indian character to play a white role"

but where am i saying that at all? :lmao:

I'm saying that if there is a indian role, cast an indian!!! not that hard to comprehend.

and he said the same thing but you twisted it to make it seem different.. These points go straight over your head it's a bit depressing. 

Gianni Versace

Not if said minority isn't physically distinguishable. I just looked up this movie and it's about gay adult stars. Is s-xuality something physically visible? Why couldn't a heteros-xual play a gay man? I see no issue. 

It's not the same as race, for example. You aren't gonna cast Ashley Tisdale to play an African tribe queen OBVIOUSLY :rip: 

because it's a movie involving gay men?????

Gianni Versace

and he said the same thing but you twisted it to make it seem different.. These points go straight over your head it's a bit depressing. 

if it's depressing then simply stop replying/quoting me. i'm not begging for your name to be in my notifications :smh:

i didn't "twist" anything guhbye

Morphine Prince

AND? Plenty of gay men play heteros-xual men in films. Sexuality isn't something you can SEE. They can cast the most heteros-xual man in the world but if he can ACT and play a role I see no issue. 

Didymus

they're not "paying respect" in any way :smh: they're taking lgbt history and using straight men to act it out. that's disrespectful.

and where did i say that gay people should be hired just because they're gay? because the whole time i've been saying that there ARE gay actors who can do a good job at playing this role that should be cased. not only because they're gay :smh:

" The idea of gay people being cast automatically would actually be a further sign of homophobic tendencies because then it becomes "a gay movie"" this literally makes no sense at all. how would casting a gay person in a movie about gay people be "a further sign of homophobic tendencies" :rip:

i'm not sorry for "seeking faults" in this. nope, not one bit.

You haven't even seen the movie and you're calling it disrespectful :air: Do you call Brokeback Mountain disrespectful too? The leads were played by two straight actors and yet the movie brought a ton of awareness and new impetus to gay rights etc. and you're gonna call it disrespectful?

& I know that's what you've been saying this entire time but it still doesn't make sense. There aren't "gay actor" agencies and there's no way you'd expect hundreds of gay people to audition for a role just because it's in a gay movie. That's actually a homophobic prediction. There is still no good reason for a director to hire someone gay just to show they're being respectful. I mean, talk about shooting yourself in the foot..

That's straight up heterophobic. Actors are actors. A man can play a woman and a woman can play a man. This is not 1800 b.C.

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Gianni Versace

AND? Plenty of gay men play heteros-xual men in films. Sexuality isn't something you can SEE. They can cast the most heteros-xual man in the world but if he can ACT and play a role I see no issue. 

i've already addressed that first sentence. 

i don't see how me wanting gay men (that can actually act) to play a gay role. there is literally nothing wrong with that. of course, i'm going to be irritated that straight people keep sweeping up these gay roles. it's frustrating. 

Gianni Versace

That's straight up heterophobic. Actors are actors. A man can play a woman and a woman can play a man. This is not 1800 b.C.

"heterophobic" are you playing? is this satire? how is wanting a gay man to play a gay role heterophobic? i am in now way saying that str8 people are inferior to gays. 

Gaga is not a vampire, why is she playing The Countess? They should've hired a VAMPIRE! VAMPIREPHOBIC!!!!!

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Morphine Prince

Have some of you ever been to a theater? Not a cinema. An actual theater with people. You know that men play women and vice versa and certain races can play other races as well, right? There are no limits. 

You'd probably all drown in tears seeing actors playing roles that don't match up with what your idea of the roles they can play are lol. 

Gianni Versace

Gaga is not a vampire, why is she playing The Countess? They should've hired a VAMPIRE! VAMPIREPHOBIC!!!!!

comparing minorities with mythical creatures? you need a ladder for that reach a;lkd

Morphine Prince

i've already addressed that first sentence. 

i don't see how me wanting gay men (that can actually act) to play a gay role. there is literally nothing wrong with that. of course, i'm going to be irritated that straight people keep sweeping up these gay roles. it's frustrating. 

There's nothing wrong with what you want but it's a bit closed minded to expect all directors to cast minorities for the sake of casting minorities. It's all about their vision of the film :shrug: 

Plus, I'm sure gay actors would love other roles to play. Only casting gay actors to play gay characters is pretty limiting as well. 

Archived