💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The biggest problem with AHS Hotel so far

Quark

Featured Posts

Phoenix

Then you aren't concentrated well. 

Next time pay attention to the details, since you have a selective memory. 

💎

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But so many plot points have begun to unfold already, as @Morphine Prince listed.

The first episode was definitely more of a stylistic introduction but the end of it and the whole of episode two has really started to unravel .

Have you ever watched a TV series? This is not a movie where everything is done in an hour and a half. There's still eleven instalments to go.

It seems you just don't have the attention span to take it all in tbh.

No it isn't. This is TONS of info. in 2 episodes. Maybe you need to wait for the show to finish and then watch it because clearly you can't process information on a weekly basis. You've clearly NOT been watching the same show as everyone else.

Lets take The Countess as an example. So far the main things she has done is kill people and have s-x. And yet the only important things we know about her is that she has a blood virus and that she is March's wife. Looking at it this way, we actually don't know much about her.

Lets take The Countess as an example. So far the main things she has done is kill people and have s-x. And yet the only important things we know about her is that she has a blood virus and that she is March's wife. Looking at it this way, we actually don't know much about her.

This alone proves that you haven't really paid attention

Morphine Prince

Have you heard Elizabeth speak? She is 111 years old. She clearly knows more about the situation than she is revealing. What will happen to the children? Her relationship with Donovan and Tristan? Will Iris rise up to her? Will she kill Willdrake?

There is so much that can be done with Elizabeth. We have a lot of hints and ways the plot could go. 

Then you aren't concentrated well. 

Next time pay attention to the details, since you have a selective memory. 

But so many plot points have begun to unfold already, as @Morphine Prince listed.

The first episode was definitely more of a stylistic introduction but the end of it and the whole of episode two has really started to unravel .

Have you ever watched a TV series? This is not a movie where everything is done in an hour and a half. There's still eleven instalments to go.

It seems you just don't have the attention span to take it all in tbh.

The thing is that those details seem very small. The show seems to be more focused on violence and s-x than on story. I mean there is a story, but so far it doesn't seem to be the focus.

PopThatArt

o<(0_0)>o

I think that the biggest problem with AHS Hotel so far is the story. The visuals are stunning, the songs are great, and all the actors are solid (including Gaga). But the  story is just lacking. I understand that that we are only two episodes in, but a clear and concise story should always be established within the first episode so viewers can have something to get them hooked. So far, everyone seems to just be walking around the hotel either doing nothing, killing people, and or having s-x. There is very little to the characters' backstory to make you care about them. Hopefully as the series moves on, the story and characters become more interesting, but as of now, style beats substance.

I kind of agree but it's just the first two episodes, I like the scenes where we delve into the history of the hotel and the character's pasts, the scenes with Sarah, Kathy and Denis are brilliant but I'm kind of disappointed with Gaga's role so far, it's all s-x, I want them to delve into the history of Elizabeth and why she is the way she is, etc. I want psychological thrills not quickie s-x thrills. 

Go see A Star is Born

Have you heard Elizabeth speak? She is 111 years old. She clearly knows more about the situation than she is revealing. What will happen to the children? Her relationship with Donovan and Tristan? Will Iris rise up to her? 

There is so much that can be done with Elizabeth. We have a lot of hints and ways the plot could go. 

You just mentioned the problem and the solution

Phoenix

The thing is that those details seem very small. The show seems to be more focused on violence and s-x than on story. I mean there is a story, but so far it doesn't seem to be the focus.

In the latest episode the mr March part was crucial and it's a part of the story. His character is sadistic so the violence - s-x images were obviously present. 

💎

We are seeing the show through John Lowe's  eyes who is a detective with a disfunctional family because of the loss of his son and while investigating the murders he is led to the Hotel Cortez where he encounters all of the other characters. That is the plot, I don't understand how so many people just dont seem to the that as the plot. In the first 2 episodes we got a bit of the backstory of Sally, Donovan, The Countess, Holden, John, Iris, Mr. March, and Ms Evers. We still have 11 episodes left where everything will fall into place.

In which case you're just stating the obvious and claiming it's an issue. We're on episode two and there's much to go thus there's a lot more to happen... Because we're on episode two out of thirteen... :duck:

Morphine Prince

Yeah, you're clearly not been watching this show :lmao: 

Pay attention, bud. The show is ENTIRELY focused on the story. The violence and s-x are there because this is American HORROR Story. Disturbing scenes are the thing on this show. There's so many details, seriously. I rewatched the first episode and I caught on so many things I didn't the first time. There's SO much that can be done with this. It keeps me wanting more and I look forward to every Wednesday. 

In the latest episode the mr March part was crucial and it's a part of the story. His character is sadistic so the violence - s-x images were obviously present. 

Yeah, that was one of the positive things about this week's episode

Morphine Prince

We're on episode TWO.

2.jpg

Like I said earlier. You clearly can't watch a show that is aired weekly since you can't handle the wait. I'd advise you to check out of the hotel and wait until it's done so you can be drowned in all the answers in one day when you binge watch it. 

In which case you're just stating the obvious and claiming it's an issue. We're on episode two and there's much to go thus there's a lot more to happen... Because we're on episode two out of thirteen... :duck:

I understand that there still more to go and that is why I will keep watching. But so for far I THINK the story and character development is lacking

Archived