Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The biggest problem with AHS Hotel so far

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

I think that the biggest problem with AHS Hotel so far is the story. The visuals are stunning, the songs are great, and all the actors are solid (including Gaga). But the  story is just lacking. I understand that that we are only two episodes in, but a clear and concise story should always be established within the first episode so viewers can have something to get them hooked. So far, everyone seems to just be walking around the hotel either doing nothing, killing people, and or having s-x. There is very little to the characters' backstory to make you care about them. Hopefully as the series moves on, the story and characters become more interesting, but as of now, style beats substance.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morphine Prince

It's been discussed that Elizabeth was born in 1904, and she has a virus that speeds her immune system to not age. She was the owners wife and watching him kill people is probably where the obsession with blood started. She kidnaps children and drinks their blood. Probably for the purity of it. She has the power to seduce people and turn others into what she is.

The owner loved killing people and had an obsession with death. Why? We don't know yet. He wanted to "kill God" but got caught in the process.

His right hand (wo)man was killed by him because she was so devoted to him. She also has an obsession with blood.

The cop is staying in the hotel that his kidnapped son has been in for years.

Elizabeth's lover was once a junkie in the 1990's and was almost killed (presumably) by Sally.

Sally died when Iris, Donovan's mother, pushed her out the window.

Iris is Donovan's mother who works at and knows a lot about the hotel.

As for the actual hotel, there are secret corridors and fake doors in order to trap people to make it easier to kill them. 

Also, the killer is doing off of the Ten Commandments, and guessing by Mr. March's obsession with killing God, it's probably someone carrying out his legacy.

There has definitely been plenty of plot development.

It's only the second episode. We're not gonna know everything right off the bat. Give it some time.

@Brad

The biggest problem with AHS Hotel so far is that it is so great that it will be hard for Ryan to top that season with the next ones.

Fiona Apple

I think that the story is the best part tbh :yes: It's pretty amazing and there are so many subplots 

BLACKOUTbritney

The show slays

The biggest problem with your threads is the lame "o<(0_0)>o" :ghostney:

Bette Davis

The only problem I have with this season so far is the amount of spoilers everywhere I look :koons:

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

GloZell Green

The biggest problem with AHS so far is that everyone is complaining about this season when we've only seen two episodes :neyde:

Lady Gaga | Shakira

monketsharona

To me the only problem is that storyline with John Lowe (Wes Bentley) and his family. It's just boring as hell for the moment.

All the scenes with Wes Bentley are quite cringeworthy... I hope it'll change...

Other than this no problem to me... The storylines will unfold through the season, like usual...  

djBuffoon

I'm absolutely fascinated with this season. The show is intriguing in a way that it hasn't been since Asylum. It feels mysterious and edgy and disorienting.

It's been discussed that Elizabeth was born in 1904, and she has a virus that speeds her immune system to not age. She was the owners wife and watching him kill people is probably where the obsession with blood started. She kidnaps children and drinks their blood. Probably for the purity of it. She has the power to seduce people and turn others into what she is.

The owner loved killing people and had an obsession with death. Why? We don't know yet. He wanted to "kill God" but got caught in the process.

His right hand (wo)man was killed by him because she was so devoted to him. She also has an obsession with blood.

The cop is staying in the hotel that his kidnapped son has been in for years.

Elizabeth's lover was once a junkie in the 1990's and was almost killed (presumably) by Sally.

Sally died when Iris, Donovan's mother, pushed her out the window.

Iris is Donovan's mother who works at and knows a lot about the hotel.

As for the actual hotel, there are secret corridors and fake doors in order to trap people to make it easier to kill them. 

Also, the killer is doing off of the Ten Commandments, and guessing by Mr. March's obsession with killing God, it's probably someone carrying out his legacy.

There has definitely been plenty of plot development.

It's only the second episode. We're not gonna know everything right off the bat. Give it some time.

@Brad

The thing is that most of this info is being revealed at a very slow pace. This makes it seem like the characters are just walking around the hotel killing people with no real story. I mean, there is obviously a story, but the story is not being presented is an concise manner.

Totally disagree. The first episode, yes but not with the second. It seemed to have a lot more direction and revealed quite a lot about the characters and the history behind why certain things are the way they are. They've set it up quite nicely to be explored over the next few episodes 

The only thing I'm not feeling at the moment is the police guy's story. Seem so overdone and overkill 

Morphine Prince

The thing is that most of this info is being revealed at a very slow pace. This makes it seem like the characters are just walking around the hotel killing people with not real story. I mean, there is obviously a story, but the story is not being presented is an concise manner.

No it isn't. This is TONS of info. in 2 episodes. Maybe you need to wait for the show to finish and then watch it because clearly you can't process information on a weekly basis. You've clearly NOT been watching the same show as everyone else.

Archived