Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

This guy went to the premiere. Here's what he had to say.

asana15

Featured Posts

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i cant believe people are so shocked by a rape scene in AHS of all things, i guess we have a lot of first time watchers this season. :later:

AHS has always had disturbing scenes throughout all the previous seasons, nothing new. 

Season 1: Vivian had s-x with the man in the rubber suit and the whole baby drama around that. The housekeeper was doing oral s-x on one of the estate agents and bit his penis off. The weird Frankenstein thing that one of the previous owners of the house made out of his dead sons body and various other animal pieces. 

Season 2: The deformed people (experiments) of Dr. Arden out in the woods were disturbing enough to look at never mind some of the scenes including shelley and what Dr. Arden did to her. Dr Thredson drank milk from Lana's boob because of his obsession with mothers or whatever that was. Lana also tries to give herself an abortion by using a wire coathanger. 

Season 3: Cordelia cut her own eyes out with a sharp object so that she could have her power back. Madame LaLaurie killed a newborn baby and used its blood as a moisturizer. The next door neighbour to the coven tried to cleanse her son with a bleach enema all because he was talking to nan. Kyle's mom used to s-xually abuse him before he became the walking corpse to the coven. Queenie also ends up having some form of s-xual relation with a minotaur and it somehow nearly kills her :excuseu:

Season 4: Jimmy made money on the side of the freakshow by going to parties and fingering females. There was also a freak orgy at one point between one of the new girls and all of the freaks already part of the camp. Elsa got her legs sawed off as some part of pain BDSM film she ended up getting involved in. Twisty in clown didn't have half of his face because it got blown off in a shotgun accident. 

AHS is the epitomy of creepy and disturbing, good luck to new watchers who don't like uncomfortable scenes. 

Honey-you've-got-a-big-storm-coming.gif

It's Max Greenfield's character that gets... drilled... right?

edit: I have no problem with the rape scenes on AHS, as it's usually non-s-xualized and portrayed as something legitimately terrifying, rather than weird nightmare-fuel boner-bait. The first episode of Coven really freaked me out.

However, some peoples' attitudes towards it is a bit meh.

3 points in and ready for more

codymonster

Half right: it was indeed from Coven, but Coven was the third season (Murder House and Asylum being the first two).

oh right, thanks!

PoshLife

i cant believe people are so shocked by a rape scene in AHS of all things, i guess we have a lot of first time watchers this season. :later:

AHS has always had disturbing scenes throughout all the previous seasons, nothing new. 

Season 1: Vivian had s-x with the man in the rubber suit and the whole baby drama around that. The housekeeper was doing oral s-x on one of the estate agents and bit his penis off. The weird Frankenstein thing that one of the previous owners of the house made out of his dead sons body and various other animal pieces. 

Season 2: The deformed people (experiments) of Dr. Arden out in the woods were disturbing enough to look at never mind some of the scenes including shelley and what Dr. Arden did to her. Dr Thredson drank milk from Lana's boob because of his obsession with mothers or whatever that was. Lana also tries to give herself an abortion by using a wire coathanger. 

Season 3: Cordelia cut her own eyes out with a sharp object so that she could have her power back. Madame LaLaurie killed a newborn baby and used its blood as a moisturizer. The next door neighbour to the coven tried to cleanse her son with a bleach enema all because he was talking to nan. Kyle's mom used to s-xually abuse him before he became the walking corpse to the coven. Queenie also ends up having some form of s-xual relation with a minotaur and it somehow nearly kills her :excuseu:

Season 4: Jimmy made money on the side of the freakshow by going to parties and fingering females. There was also a freak orgy at one point between one of the new girls and all of the freaks already part of the camp. Elsa got her legs sawed off as some part of pain BDSM film she ended up getting involved in. Twisty in clown didn't have half of his face because it got blown off in a shotgun accident. 

AHS is the epitomy of creepy and disturbing, good luck to new watchers who don't like uncomfortable scenes. 

omg you used my gif :giveup: 

PrinceGaga

I know you didn't quote me but it's fine to feel uncomfortable - after all, it is meant to be uncomfortable. I, personally, was more confused that people seem to be surprised by this news since rape has been featured in every season.

I also find it confusing that everyone seems to be so apprehensive towards the rape scene but are perfectly fine/excited to watch people get brutally murdered every episode, like... It's all pretty nasty stuff. Unless someone has been personally affected by rape in some way, which I totally get.

Sure, it's inevitable that a rape scene would appear since its been in every season, but you have to be pretty sick to sit there and say "Oo yay, a rape scene!! Love it". Every single detail in the scene would have been considered to make it feel more uncomfortable. Down to the colours used, and camera angles. Cinematography is definitely meant to make you feel a certain way. If it's really well done, it should be able to take a harmless scene and make you feel certain ways without you explaining it, if this makes sense? 

Murder can also be incredibly disturbing, I personally cringe at throat slitting (which probably will happen) which also happens in every season. Also if there are organs and sh!t everywhere, but i mean, that's meant to be gross right? That's the whole point. We should be able to discuss the reasons behind why we feel different ways towards different things. Some are immune, some are not, which doesn't make it any less weird. The topic at hand was rape, which is why it was discussed, not murder.

With personal experience, that's a danger zone so let's not assume anything and call people weird for overreacting when we don't know anything about them first hand. You're definitely right, it can be a trigger. 

I get what you are trying to say and I appreciate it, as it might come from someone who has seen a lot or horror. For me, I have also seen a lot of horror but for some reason, rape just gets to me. My friends will actually tell you that I react very strange to a rape scene. Some fans have avoided horror for so long but want to watch it because it's Gaga to support her, which I think is amazing. They may be disturbed at more. Literally everything affects people differently and especially for a show like AHS, talking about fears and disturbances should be encouraged (especially on a forum).

TheKillerQueen

I hope it isn't to NSFW, I will be watching AHS with my mom. Would be awkward to watch my idol on screen having straight up s-x. ?

Lace up my boots, throw on some leather and cruise.

Bless you and your post.

wahkeenasitka

OMG! All the monsters are so excited to finally see their queen be s-xual in front of the camera... This will be better than Kim K's p0rn video!

wahkeenasitka

honestly, i have tried multiple times to watch AHS... i can barely make it through an episode. the only episode that i was actually able to watch all the way through was the first episode of season 1. i don't like horror. and i don't like the amount of disturbing imagery at all... but, i might be willing to force myself to watch this season... only because of Gaga. but if she wasn't in the show, i wouldn't have any interest. cuz yeah, i don't do well with uncomfortable scenes. 

retroglamx

Peter Evans mom's getting touchy touchy in Coven was more disturbing than any other scenes in 4 seasons

Peter Evans? :awkney:

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

Archived