💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Rihanna - Bitch Better Have My Money (Official Video)

JEWRJEWR

Featured Posts

Phoenix

Omg same with me, best part ever, and the music fits perfectly :giveup: 

it's so fierce

💎

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gianni Versace

i haven't been able to stop watching it since it's release.

Yanko

this is already one of my fav videos

its up there with judas bad romance and chandelier for me 

chiuga

Nice offering from Rihanna. this has a much better execution and direction than the stupid bad blood video.

PopBitch

I've always said Rihanna is the baddest ass of all the popstars as far as she truly doesn't give a fvck and I mean truly doesn't care what people think or say.  This video is brilliant.  With this video, she has taken the music video crown. 

I keep rewatching and seeing different things I didn't notice.  She's not explaining ad nauseum the importance or hidden meanings or art of this video.  As it should be, it is being left for us to discover the art of and meaning and shock and awe and humor of the video and all react in different ways.   Rihanna has all kinds of  music sites intrigued and dissecting this music video for themselves and thus looking now at the song.differently  That's the way it should be with a brilliant movie video, the audience and critics discovering the music video art of it, or not, on our own.  Art in a music video is in the eye of the beholder.  Not everyone sees it the same.  

And the closing scene with the juxtaposition of filming a scene filled with serenity, the ocean sound, birds chirping, beautiful nature, and slowly closing in on the trunk and then there's Rihanna covered in blood from her massacre, surrounded by money, and then slowly panning back out from her, still with the sounds of the ocean and birds chirping, total serenity.  Unnerving.  Perfection as an ending.

I give this music video a 10.  It grabbed and mesmerized me from the first scene until the end.   Brilliant job, Rihanna and crew. Also, I now like the song and I didn't before.  

PopBitch

From Pitchfork.

Sydette Harry: Only the Bad Gyal could do this.This video woke me up and gave me a new lease on life, geopolitical signification, pulp movie tributes, and adult fun. This is a video that is unambiguously for adult people, from the ever present breasts to the bongs, this is adult fantasy. Rihanna's take the hyper masculine road movies, revenge fantasy, heist movie and is unapologetically feminine, with not an ounce less violence. The first movie I thought of was the Russ Meyer classic “Faster ***cat Kill Kill” except because it’s Rihanna our amazing heroine lives.

The video’s visuals contrast the hyper wealth of her piggish accountant with the chic transience of her multicultural band of kidnappers. Rather than just Tarantino-style revenge, her elaborate cutlery is labeled not by the effect, but by the offense she is exacting revenge for. Rihanna is a savage, but she is doing it for all the reasons any person who has ever been screwed financially is.  She’s owed and he thought he could get away with it . He thought wrong. Not only does she triumph blood-soaked, naked and covered in money, she makes sure her opponent is none other than Hannibal, the murderous madman of our television moment. Rihanna doesn’t just triumph she makes sure to take out the baddest mother****er on TV. That her captive ends up giggling and toking with her seems inevitable, because really she’s having a better time, and in the end Rihanna doesn’t ask her to show anything she doesn’t show herself. That Rihanna herself is the blood spattered legs hanging out of the trunk drives home the most important thing: it’s between her and the b---h who had her money--and she wins.

high heeled fem

Well I'm bummed there was no choreochoreo :saladga:  

:crossed: 

Still cool vid was fun 

display name

Muted it before watching it because the song annoys me, but it really is a good video.

We do it for a very good reason - because women need better representation in the media. I've been reading a book about s-xism lately and while relating to a lot of the tweets in the book, there were also a ton of experiences that made my jaw drop and I had no idea so much of this was routine. Women who had been catcalled, groped, harrassed, assaulted and raped repeatedly, to such an extent that some of them didn't realise that it was wrong, that they can say no and they can report it. The media exacerbates this problem by making it commonplace for women to be scatily clad/naked whenever possible in advertising and entertainment and very disturbingly, having their bodies juxtaposed with violence. This is a very serious issue and it rightfully makes a lot of women, myself included, quite angry and offended, sometimes even saddened by how we are presented to males. So it concerns it even more when it's women doing this to other women. As a woman, I know exploitation and s-xism when I see it - I certainly couldn't dish it out on other women. I'd like to think that all women would want to represent her gender well and make them look strong, not weak. Rihanna seems too comfortable with the role she's playing and I don't think she sees a problem with it. She may be counting her money, but money isn't worth much when you're cold on the inside. 

I agree with the rest of what the reviewer says about it being genuinely shocking and a much better attempt at shock than Bad Blood, though. Like I said previously, this video has me torn in so many ways. So many good points, so many negatives. If there was no s-xualised content, I'd feel so much better about it.

A very good point, I certainly agree with u. To me, this video shows a really bad example for the audience. It really scares me that many young people will watch it and think it is normal to treat women like this.

Yanko

A very good point, I certainly agree with u. To me, this video shows a really bad example for the audience. It really scares me that many young people will watch it and think it is normal to treat women like this.

the video is flagged and only people with account can watch it its 18+ 

i guess you guys are not  fond of horror films either

RAMROD

People are getting all bent out of shapes as if this is the first explicit Rihanna MV 

Don't you guys forgotten about Man Down already?

Or Pour It Up?

:shrug:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

jojuun

Real good article on The Fader about the video

http://www.thefader.com/2015/07/03/in-defense-of-the-bbhmm-video

In Defense Of The #BBHMM Video
A feminist point-by-point breakdown with Karley "Slutever" Sciortino and Rachel Libeskind.

By LIZ RAISS

Watching the opening scene of Rihanna's #BBHMM video, I was reminded of the iconic Michelangelo Antonioni film, L'Eclisse. In the film, Monica Vitti wanders through a breakup with her financier boyfriend, struggling to reclaim ownership of her own identity, to overcome her total objectification within the relationship. There's the immediate similarity of the beautiful blonde ciphers, the icy properties of men with money, but that alone made it clear Rihanna has some **** she wants to say, and it's important. The video's drop coincided with predictably polarized reactions. A thinkpiece on Refinery29 declared it"Not Safe For Work or Feminists" while Twitter accused Rihanna ofglorifying violence against women, and condemned the "kidnapped female" trope. We weren't sure it was all that clear-cut, so we brought in two of our favorite cultural commentators and feminists, writer Karley "Slutever" Sciortino and artist Rachel Libeskind, to chime in.

Its female victim is symbolic, not literal

KARLEY SCIORTINO: The character of the female to me seems to be almost inhuman, she represents an idea of what society thinks of femininity: tall, blonde, white, skinny, submissive, big tits, the little dog. They seemingly intended to make it as obvious as possible that this is an unrelatable caricature of femininity. The possession and object of this powerful white guy. The character seems intentionally unreal, a parody of society's idea of woman, she's almost a Barbie. She is what society expects women to look and act like, and she's directly juxtaposed with Rihanna and her girl gang, which are more realistic depictions of women.

It's our gateway to challenging music video stereotypes

RACHEL LIBESKIND: What was "normal" when we were kids in 2000 has pivoted tremendously in the last 15 years. What was hyper-s-xualized or shocking in a Toni Braxton or Ashanti video is now sweet and safe, completely normalized. What we expect to see and are okay seeing [today] has widened and with that comes seeing women as perpetrators of a kind of violence—power. It's about pushing the portrayals of women even further. I feel like this video is the gateway to desensitizing us to a completely new depiction of women who are powerful and violent but aren't like, Uma Thurman in Kill Bill

...And s-xual stereotypes

LIBESKIND: Look at what's happening politically with marriage equality—which really means that a homos-xual lifestyle is accepted into mainstream American culture—as well as what is on trend: 50 Shades Of Grey. It's just jarring for a woman to be the dominant, perpetrating the violence, rather than a man. The aesthetics of the video make sense in a culture with a widening acceptance of different types of s-xuality.

It's shocking—but not for the obvious reasons

LIBESKIND: It's rare to see Rihanna as a harbinger of violence, when we are used to seeing her as a s-xual object or as a "woman in love"and in "BBHMM", she makes the white, female victim the object of s-x, and the receiver of [Rihanna's] own violence. Aesthetically it almost reads like a lesbian BDSM movie. It fetishizes violence but with an empowering message: RiRi is a BAD BITCH who, like any man, demands to get paid and will not get walked all over.

It powerfully reclaims female nudity

SCIORTINO: It's good to normalize the female body. In so many music videos where you see nudity it's framed in these really specific ways: abstract female body parts just looking hot. When Rihanna's naked she isn't posing in a hyper-s-xual way, she's covered in blood and she'll cut your dick off. She looks powerful, but it's almost casual, normalized. It's not about just showing nipple, it's about showing a powerful representation of the female body, powerful s-xual images where women are in charge of the way that they're being viewed, rather than being shot by a male photographer, bent over with their tongue out.

It's a reminder to go after what you're owed

LIBESKIND: I think the seed at the heart of this song and video is how notoriously difficult it is for artists (of any kind) to get their due payment, and statistically much harder for females to get paid, or get raises or bonuses or promotions. Her white male accountant may be a stand in for a manager, a record label exec, but he's the villain here, and this video is really about the lengths a female artist will go to get paid. I think in some way, this song may be a kind of oblique anthem about standing your ground to get the money you are owed.

It's not just about s-x and gender

SCIORTINO: This isn't necessarily about gender or feminism, it seems like a deliberate critique of a lot of things, including privilege. The way the woman is depicted isn't, to me, entirely blameless, she represents a kind of selfish person who stands by in an unjust society because it benefits her. The real conflict, for me, is between Rihanna and the guy. This is a society where rich white guys have all the money, and Rihanna is a black woman reclaiming the power that's owed to her. It's revolutionary

It's a throwback to the power of 90s hip hop icons

LIBESKIND: I feel like the violence, the s-xuality, the nudity [of the video] are part of a long legacy of hip hop and R&B songs, but it's disturbing and shocking because it's an all female cast. If these actions were done by men we'd barely notice, but it's still shocking to see a female covered in blood after getting violent retribution. I love Eminem but he glamorized and normalized violence against women, and this reframes that. It also throws back to the power of Foxy Brown and Lil' Kim, the original gangstresses.

Archived