Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Dua Lipa performs at country music awards show

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby
Posted (edited)
Edited by Teletubby
I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 5

River

Psychedelic country queen :flutter:

Everyone goes country since Joanne, ha the impact :poot:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 5

King of the Fall

These two sound great together, Chris is an incredible vocalist 

Ain't it just like the night to play tricks when you're tryin to be so quiet?

lg5

I was thinking about going but decided to stay in tonight… I didn’t think any pop stars would show up! 

BlackLight

Crazy that a disco girlie with a British accent can just hop over to country and no on bats an eye but if your skin is black and you literally have a southern accent because you were literally raised in Texas people will still question your “country credentials”. 

Over It Reaction GIF by Dr. Donna Thomas Rodgers

I love Dua but let’s not pretend this isn’t a little telling of the racism that still exists in America against Bey.

Artist from NYC.
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 4

HausOfMark

Collab for a new version of her new album or his album???

-Mark

Spartacus
On 5/17/2024 at 5:43 AM, BlackLight said:

Crazy that a disco girlie with a British accent can just hop over to country and no on bats an eye but if your skin is black and you literally have a southern accent because you were literally raised in Texas people will still question your “country credentials”. 

I love Dua but let’s not pretend this isn’t a little telling of the racism that still exists in America against Bey.

Thank you. THANK YOU. Why is no one talking about this???

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

Spartacus
Posted (edited)

"As soon as I heard those horns begin playing and heard Beyoncé say the word “Texas,” I knew that we at the CMAs were in for the treat of her performing her then-hit “Daddy Lessons.” Even better, she was performing it with The Chicks, the group I grew up thinking was everything. And then I heard a woman in the row ahead of me yell, “Get that Black b---- off the stage!”

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/saw-beyonce-get-booed-cmas-ve-waiting-cowboy-carter-rcna144981

Qwhite interesting.:coffee:

Edited by Spartacus
-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™
  • Shook 2

Spartacus

So we're not talking about this? Bey just released an album inspired by this racist double standard and we're gonna ignore this? Oh.

Then again we did ignore Dr. Luke producing Kim's album and Super Freaky Girl. :coffee:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

ALGAYDO
11 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

So we're not talking about this? Bey just released an album inspired by this racist double standard and we're gonna ignore this? Oh.

Then again we did ignore Dr. Luke producing Kim's album and Super Freaky Girl. :coffee:

I get where you’re coming from, but don’t forget that this whole site was on Bey’s side when the Racists™ were bagging on her for “daring” to go country. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spartacus
13 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

I get where you’re coming from, but don’t forget that this whole site was on Bey’s side when the Racists™ were bagging on her for “daring” to go country. 

That's great. And we should continue to do so.

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

ModernEcstasy
Posted (edited)

People were fine with Gaga exploring country music. 
But now it’s a different story because Bey spoke out and everyone is suddenly “woke”. 
Dua doing country is an issue? Why wasn’t it questioned before now With other artists? There’s always a reason to hate on someone. It’s tiring. 

Why can’t artists be inspired by whatever genre they like and the world just be okay with it. 

Edited by ModernEcstasy

Teletubby
Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2024 at 12:43 PM, BlackLight said:

Beyonce performance took place 6 days before the 2016 presidential election and she and Dixie Chicks supported a different candidate than all those country people

Edited by Teletubby
I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Spartacus
43 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

Beyonce performance took place 6 days before the 2016 presidential election and she and Dixie Chicks supported a different candidate than all those country people

That woman said “Get that Black b---- off the stage!” not “Get that Liberal b---- off the stage!”

1 hour ago, ModernEcstasy said:

People were fine with Gaga exploring country music. 
But now it’s a different story because Bey spoke out and everyone is suddenly “woke”. 
Dua doing country is an issue? Why wasn’t it questioned before now With other artists? There’s always a reason to hate on someone. It’s tiring. 

Why can’t artists be inspired by whatever genre they like and the world just be okay with it. 

People were ok with Gaga, a white person, doing country. No one has a problem with Dua, a white person, being on that country stage. Yet with Beyoncé, it's “Get that Black b---- off the stage!”

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

ModernEcstasy
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

People were ok with Gaga, a white person, doing country. No one has a problem with Dua, a white person, being on that country stage. Yet with Beyoncé, it's “Get that Black b---- off the stage!”

I’m calling out the people who are bias. Being Okay with some white people doing it and then calling out others. 

The Bey thing is a much higher issue. The last part of my post was directed at that. I don’t see the problem with her releasing country music. Bey literally has roots with Texas. Why the hell does the colour of her skin have to come into it. 
Just let people create art. I hate the world. 

Edited by ModernEcstasy