Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

What's your problem with ARTPOP?

Bambino

44 members have voted

1. 1. What's your problem with ARTPOP?

• I don't like the music.
    • I don't like the videos.
    • Not happy about the chart performance.
    • Not happy about the era overall (performances, single choices, blackouts)
    • Other (explain)

Featured Posts

I like the album and (most) of the songs but I feel the era has just been really disorganized and hectic although that's not entirely her fault. Also the constant negativity from everyone is really annoying.

I feel like right now she needs a clean slate with Act II and hopefully it's amazing and the fad of hating Gaga dies down.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaDragon

It was just extremely underwhelming for the follow up album to BTW.

It starts off well and there are a few songs that are up their with her best. But then there is a extreme drop in quality for most of the latter half of the album. It's like she wasn't even trying with some of the songs.

Seriously songs like J&D, Donatella, Dope, Fashion!, MJH are no where near the standard i expect from an artist of Gaga's caliber. For all her talk about not being a slave to the standards of the music industry, this album didn't exactly have much in common with her sentiments.

It's like she went backwards not forwards with this album, after BTW maybe some of us have placed our expectations to high but does that really excuse some of the bile on the album? No it doesn't really.

I'm not sure if it's hype or something but i'm truly baffled when people say this is her best album. That's quite an insult to TFM and BTW which were masterpieces and TF was good during it's time. It's like people are trying to force themselves to love the album imo. TBH i did the same for a few weeks but after that i put aside my delusion and looked at it as neutral as i could.

Aura, Venus and Sexxx Dreams are flawless though <3

Computer

I wanted different single choices, namely Aura Sexxx Dreams or Gypsy before GUY.

But I only kind of feel that way, and if GUY smashes I'll eat my words.

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

HarryTheNight

love the album for the most part, but feel some songs aren't as good as they could be like Venus, MJH and Swine. like the single choices but still pressed about dwuw video, not happy with the random blackouts. but i dont want her to give up on it, i think s-xxx dreams and gypsy should still be singles even if shes not doing great on the charts

also it doesn't measure up to BTW for me but that might be because of the sentimental attachment i have to the album, but i just feel like the BTW flows better and the songs are better produced (minus americano and highway unicorn)

Zilla

Nothing at all. 

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

heavyMetalGAGA

That people tried to take advantage of her. It made me terribly upset to see how affected she was by Troy and others trying to pump more money out of her without taking into consideration her health or their past. Furthermore, it made me sick that they told her things like, "We just want you to be pretty," after she has successfully established herself in the industry.

Also, it irks me that MTV did not let her follow through with her red carpet & performance ideas.

Basically I'm just upset with how everyone has treated her with this album campaign. She's delivered some of her strongest imagery and lyrics and I really love how energetic the album is. I'm not disappointed with it at all! I find myself listening to it a lot more than TF/M, even though I prefer a lot of the latter songs and BTW overall. However, ARTPOP has some of my favorite Gaga material thus far as well. 

She seems to be in a better place these days and I just hope that continues for this tour and the possibility of Act II

Archived