Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Imagine: The Fame > The Fame Monster > ARTPOP (no Born This Way)

Liam Germanotta

Featured Posts

Liam Germanotta

What if Gaga would've stuck to her old formula "fun electro pop songs, that evolve from album to album"?

The Fame, The Fame Monster and then directly ARTPOP? PS: I like Born This Way, but I always wonder if the world would've received ARTPOP sooo much better if it was released after The Fame Monster... I guess it would receive much more praise.

My thoughts:

"Venus" serves as the first single. It's a "risky" composition, but after The Fame Monster Gaga could've released anything she wanted, so this is IMO the right place for "Venus" (I know it was written late, but this thread is very hypothetical in general). By this way, she'd have a hit and a fan favorite as single.

"G.U.Y." serves as the second single, because it's a catchy and safe song.

"Sexxx Dreams" as third single, because its sound is a nice and welcoming contrast to the first two singles.

"Aura" as the fourth single, because you can't let one of the best hooks back on the album.

"Applause" as fifth and final single.

I like DWUW, but I don't consider it a fun song. I like Gypsy as well, but it's not the electro fun pop Gaga. But those songs together with songs like Mary Jane Holland would've been perfect album tracks.

What if her discography would look like this:

The Fame
Just Dance
Poker Face
LoveGame
Paparazzi

The Fame Monster
Bad Romance
Telephone
Alejandro
Dance In The Dark

ARTPOP

Venus

G.U.Y.

Sexxx Dreams

Aura

Applause

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason ARTPOP would have been accepted better if it was released after TFM is because it sounds dated.

It would have been hot **** in 2011, not 2013/2014.

Atleast Born This Way was different and didn't sound like stuff thats been on the radio for the past 3 years..

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

artpopmess

If I imagine that I wouldn't be a member here so I can't share my thoughts on this

don't follow my instagram (trying out reverse psychology)

Yasss Venus would have been so fun and heart-lighted after the darkness that was Alejandro :giveup:

but I can't imagine my life without Born This Way tbh

Kindness rules all.

VforVendetta

It would have probably smashed like nothing before. Still I don't want to think that BTW wouldn't exist. Also Applause IS the best song on ARTPOP and deserves the first single. Venusus could become the second single.

It would have slayed imo ... ARTPOP would have been received a lot better then opposed to now ... BUT I wouldn't trade BTW for anything! 

Gaga is Life

I do sense that would be quite scarily epic :eek: Although I'm happy we have Born This Way, very happy indeed :nick: ARTPOP will work... eventually :spin:

ChasingGhosts

:eww:  I would probably wouldn't be here today if Born This Way didn't exist.

I love the single choices from ARTPOP, but I can't live without BTW it's just the best album ever :emo:

:emo: :tea: 

Born This Way > Joanne > The Fame Monster > The Fame > ARTPOP

Archived