💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Questions to older monsters

VISION

Featured Posts

Though TFM was an AMAZING era, the BTW release was more important to me. It was so huge and my excitement was off the charts. I didn't really know what the album would be, only that it was going to be beautiful and of course it was. 

The first time I viewed the Bad Romance video was also my very first dose of Gaga as well as the moment I became a fan.  It hit me like a freight train of creativity and literally blew me away. One of the most exciting music related moments in my life. 

The Born This Way single was the first song to ever make me cry and the first time I saw those prosthetic horns/vessel from the future on the grammies I was again blown away.  It was such an incredible/original visual presentation that still held on to a level of simplicity.  I'll never forget that performance and to me it's one of Gaga's most iconic. That first single was so amazing and to this day I think it plays a big part in who Gaga is as an artist. 

We're all Stronger Together!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Runway

1. BTW. the hype started when she sang the chorus at VMA's. the wait was just so long. i was so shocked when she announced the album would come out in may when it was still January

2. BR made me a stan. loved it since the first moment. and the video god, i already couldnt get the song out of my head so the video being a masterpiece didnt help. i replayed it to death

3. BTW single release was just insane. I woke up at like 3 am to listen the premiere. i actually listened first here in GGD. and i loved that damn song from the intro that made my heart race to that bridge that slayed me 100%. i was actually shaking tbh :smh:

Bad Romance video left me shocked and speechless, I was shaking watching it for the first time :giveup:

The actual premiere of the song at McQueen's fashion show was flawless as well :gaga:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUvFTc2mlNY

OMG, this video is so great.  Thanks for sharing.

I think each era was iconic and slayed me in different ways.  Each had amazing songs, videos, and performances.

I live outside the space time continuum.

BTW for sure

Bad Romance shocked me in a good way like at first i was like wtf but now its slays

BTW was perfect

Chinosky

1) So what release was more exciting for you? TFM or BTW? I've read that the hype around BTW was unreal.

BTW definitely. Everyone didn't what will happen so BTW. AND OMG I remember this one time where I watched a Mugler Fashion Show where GH Remix was release I was like  :excited2: AND GAGAVILLE OMG 

2) How did you feel when Bad Romance came out? It was the first Gaga change, so she must have been felt differently

When I first heard the intro, I knew that this song will slay and it did.

3) The same for Born This Way single, where she completely changed her looks and sounds

Tbh, I don't like the production of btw, i was like  :noparty: but that longggg bridge slayed me. I remember this one time where I was late for school cuz the video was released and that video ugh :giveup:

4) What video wait was the most exciting for you?

I dont remember what's the most exciting cuz all of them are.

5) What video made you most excited when you saw it?

Btw and Br cuz they were all different and both of them starts a new era.

Father, Son, and House of Cucci

1) BTW hype was perfect, that whole era will always mean a lot to me for many reasons, one because the hype was so exciting and thrilling and flawless, and two because I had someone really special who shared the journey with me, and they are now gone so I always look back on that era and think "just wow" :P

2) bad romance was what made me a fan. I use to watch music videos on vidzone for the ps3 and every time I went on I avoided bad romance simply because it was gaga (I used to be a hater) but i eventually swalled my pride and fell in love from there!

3) the single release was so amazing for me because it was the first time i really witnessed a huge change in gaga, both musically and visually and it was just so exciting! the promo and hype were great, the controversy was intense and it was such a rollercoaster ride! :pawsup:

Gaga is Life

1) So what release was more exciting for you? TFM or BTW? I've read that the hype around BTW was unreal.

Born This Way for me. TFM was epic, yes. I was so pumped. But dear Lorde the hype and delivery of Born This Way was oh my goodness so magical. Once in a lifetime thing. Something very special.

2) How did you feel when Bad Romance came out? It was the first Gaga change, so she must have been felt differently

My life was slayed in every single direction and way. There was nothing left to do. Everything was complete, perfected. An ultimate high. :gaga:

3) The same for Born This Way single, where she completely changed her looks and sounds

Nothing compared to Bad Romance, but it was riding the hype and we'd been waiting a while so it was properly spectacular. I'll never forget the night it came out. A whole radio show dedicated the the release of the song. They spammed it 5 times in two hours, and played it back to back when they got it. When will your faves. It was weak for me, but I liked the instant Madonna comparo's and the retro-ish feel of it. And that bridge. It reminded me of DITD. Which means wow.

GagaDragon

I wasn't a major stan during TFM era but i was blown away when i listened to the album and it was on repeat for a while and i was became a monster because of that.

I was excited for BTW but i was let down when she released the MV for BTW because i just wasn't feeling the song. Though BTW is now my favorite album by her after my ears matured a bit :haha:

I go with TFM though because it was just amazing during that time.

1. BTW. the hype was beyond. the beginning of TFM starting with BR was back when i wasn't super into gaga yet so i didn't really pay that much attention.

2. when the demo leaked, i remember listening to it once and then i got over it. didn't really care for it. when the official single + video was released i was in heaven.

3. ever since she sang that "snippet" at the vma's i've been so excited for it. especially since it was so hyped and she was on such an untouchable pedestal if that makes sense. i remember waking up at 5 in the morning and fumbling to find a working link for it and when i played it for the first time, i cried myself back to sleep. tears of joy of course. then i woke up an hour later and downloaded the song at school and played it on repeat.

Phoenix

1) TFM was my fave era, but the hype was bigger before Born This Way, so I'd say BTW.

2) I became a monster when I first heard/saw Bad Romance.

3) It was strange, I wasn't expecting a faster song + at the beginning it was strange but later I got addicted to it. 

💎

ChicaSkas

Born This Way's release dominated. The hype truly was unreal, the lead single never leaked until we were supposed to hear it, at the 1 am premier on the radio.

I wasn't paying a ton of attention at The Fame Monster's release, but I was obsessed with hearing all the TFM songs on the radio. When I got a computer for the first time in 2010 I followed Gaga obsessively.

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

LaLuna

1) Definitely the release of BTW. The hype surrounding that album was unreal (in retrospect, it might have been a bit too much since a lot of people ended up being disappointed), and the meltdowns when she unveiled the album cover, oh my, good times :lmao:

And when she finally released it, my God, what a glorious moment. The album was #1 on iTunes in like 28 countries, and Gaga was just everywhere. Gaga was on top of the world, and it was just a great time to be a little monster

2) I remember hearing the demo on Perez Hilton.com and I wasn't sure what to think. But it quickly grew on me and the video just blew me away :legend:

3) I bought BTW the second it was available on iTunes and my initial reaction was "Meh, not exactly what I was expecting but it's okay, I guess." Also, I hate to say it but I definitely heard similarities with Express Yourself, which she ended up getting a lot of backlash for. Again, it took a while but it eventually grew on me, and now I love it. And the Grammy performance just slayed :gaga:

rivingtonreject

I wasn't following Gaga very closely until this year, so I've never experienced some things that have happened in the past.

1) The duration of TFM era was really awesome, but the amount of stuff going on PRIOR to BTW's release was unbelievable. Then as the album was actually released, we got REALLY good interviews, but they all strted being about the same this (love yorself) which was nice, but a little tediuos. Promo was extensive, which was fun for me (I'm never complainin with Gaga news) but the GP really started to hate her and it made me really sad, but from day one, Ive always thought she never got enough credit for that legendary album.

However, she recovered so well from the oversaturation with the tour. Everyone, fans or not wanted to go to the tour.

2) Everyone was like WHAT THATS GAGA? In the very BEGINNING the song was alienating, everyone around me said she was trying to go too "europop" but that changed very quickly because the song went... iconic. When the VIDEO came out I think I died. Every detail, every perversion, I felt like everytime I watched it I noticed something new. I would watch those early morning MTV music video playlists JUST to see if they would play it. This releasewas directly after the moment I had changed from slightly more than interested fan to straight up STAN (209 VMA was my triggerpoint) and I began to learn more and more of her talent and w this release, I felt proud that she was going in a direction of showing it more.

3) I picture the BTW era as three separate entities: The fashion, The album as a whole, and the BTW song release. The BTW song release had major major hype like you would not believe. In my own small midwest US town, the local radio station mad a big DEBUT event for this song. THATS how big it was. When the song finally came out, my reaction was.. lukewarm. The message I knew was huge and I KNEW without a doubt how much this song meant for her, but the song threw me off quite a bit at first. It really grew on me, but if took a while. It was not the genre, it was not the llyrics, and even the sound, it was that particular song that I was not initially a fan of, for what ever reason. The LOOK, I was all here for. She has not toped that imagery yet. Maybe it's because I'm partial to RockGa/PunkwearGa but even the most "formal of the btw looks, a lot of this fanbase sees as messy, but idk theres something about the messiness that I LOVE AD WANT TO SEE AGAIN AND FOREVER. When she'd do her own wing eyeliner and it was sloppy, when she'd wear leather upon leather upon leather, ALL of the hairstyles from this era. NOBODY can show me a single look from this tim period that I will not like. The music itself was SO GOOD her best album yet, including ARTPOP and due to the oversaturation that happened, she and the producers, in particular Garibay and DJWS, NEVER got enough credit for the work put into that album. It was ahead of it's time, and maybe that's why it wasnt recieved as well as it should have been but that album is  :worship:  :worship2:  :legend:

HeavyMetalLuvah

1. The BTW song release had major major hype like you would not believe. In my own small midwest US town, the local radio station mad a big DEBUT event for this song. THATS how big it was.

2. The LOOK, I was all here for. She has not toped that imagery yet. Maybe it's because I'm partial to RockGa/PunkwearGa but even the most "formal of the btw looks, a lot of this fanbase sees as messy, but idk theres something about the messiness that I LOVE AD WANT TO SEE AGAIN AND FOREVER. When she'd do her own wing eyeliner and it was sloppy, when she'd wear leather upon leather upon leather, ALL of the hairstyles from this era. NOBODY can show me a single look from this tim period that I will not like.

1. SAME. 

I remember going to a rave the night the song was released and hearing the song being played there. AT A F UCKING RAVE!! A rave playing a mainstream soon to be #1 hit from a (THE) pop-star. For those who don't know, songs like this are not played at raves lol. THAT'S how big of a deal it was. 

2.  :gaga:  :gaga:  :gaga:  :gaga:  :gaga:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived