1. 1. How well would it do?

• Bad romance 2.0
    • Applause kind of hit.
    • Unconditionally
    • MTN

Featured Posts

Qualle1

It will bomb.

Damn! Release now the ****in' MV for the bloody DWUW before releasing the third single.

This era is such a MESS regarding its single-releases...

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stefani328

• Gagaloo911

• Dean Winchester

• ManuelMonsterr

It could go either way, I could see it slaying. just because of how the odds are shes had such a stressful 2013 and watch Venus be the thing that putS ARTPOP over the top *insert oprah praying gif* Im not giving up on Goddess of love. I dont think its a great single choice compared to Sexxx Dreams or Gypsy

But I believe in this wittle song. GO VENUS GO!!!!!!!!

I don't think you guys are seeing the light yet. 

VENUS is everything and nothing 

It is the hybrid bond between LIFE and SPACE

A bond between ART and POP

PENUS 

PgJNeDX.gif

AHBvg34.gif
Edited by Titzlol

If it's really her third single then it means her team also finds it to be the right choice...hmmm

I really hope that this time she's not giving us hints and just posting this profile pic and changing her name to Goddess of Love just because she wants to spread love, nothing more. A girl can hope

Edited by Liisbet

tokyodisko

Venus will do great if they market it right and have everything on time and running smoothly. I think The video has to be s-xy and playful, nothing too blatantly deep. 

Also the video should premiere before any live performances, so that people won't see her playing that stupid guitar during Venus and that they can see a hyper-Gaga visual in their minds. 

Qualle1

Well, in the UK for example, it pretty much flopped. DWUW and Dope both shot to #1, but Venus (even with promo in the form of an X Factor performance and Graham Norton performance) failed to achieve higher than like.. 30something, iirc. I highly doubt she can get a #1 with it in the UK if she does make it the third single. In the case of everywhere else.. it'll either be a massive success or a massive flop. Basically.

What are you talking about?

The iTunes charts are irrelevant.

Venus peaked at # 76 and Dope peaked at # 124 on the official UK single charts.

Both promotional singles did perform underwhelmingly.

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR

Radio is not going to support Venus. It won't even come close to Unconditionally's radio support. Radio supports anything that shows signs of being a powerhouse on iTunes or at least has stability... Venus had neither when it came out as a promo single. It didn't even reach #1.

MTN or worse :wtf:

Edited by Fading

Catalystluna56

It will do marginally better than MTN. This is basically because it's a 3rd single rather than a 5th. Honestly, the smash potential for Venus is fairly low (not as low as some songs, but still low) because it was "weirded up" by the bridge. The bridge just screams anti-straight guy to me tbh. It could smash, but so could any song. IMO, it'll fail.

chrismugler

For me, if she makes a typical-Gaga video + promo, it will be an "Applause kinda-hit" :party: but If she depends only on digital promo + a messy video, this era is DONE. :classy:

B.B.A. / Music Lover / Human.

ryhanna

It could do well, it could not. I hope it does do well, but at this point I don't really care how it sells.

It sounds more like a classic Gaga song than Applause and especially DWUW, so it could definitely be a hit. I hate that people are already certain it won't succeed. 

Edited by Batmans Hooker

Battle 4 Ur Life

I don't get the dislike for this song, It's signatured GAGA. Even the "Goooodess of love" parts have the same chords of Bad Romance "ooooooooooh caught in a bad romance"...

With a video like alejandro or telephone this song has all the potential to blow up and be a game changer. trust me.

oh and it has the penis pun which makes it an instant classic tbh

:queenga:

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

• Shadow locked this topic