Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

8 ways to help Gaga chart!

Griffin

Featured Posts

Thought this might be good for future reference. I suggest you keep this thread bookmarked for help in the future, depending on how successful this is, it might be nice for mods to pin this.

lady-gaga-artpop-cover-650-430.jpg

8. Buy 'ARTPOP' and it's singles, as they come out

This is pretty simple, I'm sure a lot have you done it already. If you've bought the explicit version on iTunes, you can still download singles again from the clean version in most markets! Just search 'ARTPOP' in your store and click on the version that you didn't buy. It'll have a price on it, as opposed to 'Play'. 

7. Stream 'ARTPOP' + singles on spotify!

Even if you have already bought the album and have it in iTunes, listening to it on streaming services helps her chart just about as much as sales do.

6. Watch the music video, audio video and lyric video of the current single daily!

Streaming makes up about 20-30% of the US chart, and more in some other countries! I recommend you bookmark them in your browser, so you can easily click on the a couple times a day and watch the whole way through - perhaps even on mute. 

5. Watch + enjoy the performances! 

Streaming performances also counts for the song's chart position. However, it has to be from an official channel - like ladygagaofficial or saturdaynightlive. So watch + enjoy the hell out of her Do What U Want performances on SNL, Alan Carr, AMA's and The Voice. 

4. Buy the explicit and clean version of the current single!

They both count as the same song for Billboard. Go ahead and grab both! You're doing Gaga a huge favour. 

3. Purchase only 50-60% of tracks from her single remix EP's

Remixes count as the same song for charts like Billboard. But if you buy the whole album, it only counts as a random remix album sale and not an official single sale! For the Applause Remix EP that came out, it would've been best to only purchase 4 to 5 tracks. Then, when the single stops charting and falls, you can buy the rest of the tracks! As a general rule, 50-60% works. So if the DWUW Remix EP only has 5 tracks, only buy 2 or 3. 

2. Request on radio

I won't go into detail, as this thread is already very helpful. This is VERY worthwhile, I normally just do 1 or 2 a night - every little bit counts! Do that here: http://gagadaily.com/index.php?showtopic=39891&page=1.

1. Talk about her on social media!
Talking about her on twitter creates incredible buzz and puts her on the radar! Billboard even has a chart that measures social talk. Though it may seem like a small help, talk about her on social media and interact with other fans!

Keep this thread alive over the ARTPOP era with your experiences doing the things above, anything else you think might help or just general discussion about charting! 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You forget "Make a viral video" :derpga:

Remember when Wrecking Ball got back to #1 because of this chatroulette viral video :rip:

9. Drop copies of ARTPOP into stranger's carts/baskets in the store. Make sure you place it underneath other purchases so they don't see it and the cashier rings it through without them noticing.

10. Make signs that say "Buy 3 bananas, get an ARTPOP free!" and things like that and place them, along with copies of ARTPOP, next to the particular product. Most people won't even check their receipts to make sure it was free!

11. Print out barcodes from the ARTPOP CD and affix them to actual hit CDs. They may not get the ARTPOP CD but we'll get dem SoundScan receipts. A sale is a sale!

:derpga:
No seriously do it.

You forget "Make a viral video" :derpga:

We need someone to volunteers to go to chatroulette and get naked to DWUW :derpga:

11. Print out barcodes from the ARTPOP CD and affix them to actual hit CDs. They may not get the ARTPOP CD but we'll get dem SoundScan receipts. A sale is a sale!

Wait, the more I think about it, this is actually a brilliant idea. Suddenly the fraud is me. inb4 Angela Chang writes an article about how Gaga's sales were actually inflated because we all did this.

Runway

9. Drop copies of ARTPOP into stranger's carts/baskets in the store. Make sure you place it underneath other purchases so they don't see it and the cashier rings it through without them noticing.

10. Make signs that say "Buy 3 bananas, get an ARTPOP free!" and things like that and place them, along with copies of ARTPOP, next to the particular product. Most people won't even check their receipts to make sure it was free!

:derpga:
No seriously do it.

Oh god #11 is a mess :lmao:

The worst thing is that it would actually work :rip:

whiteboi1327

Wait, the more I think about it, this is actually a brilliant idea. Suddenly the fraud is me. inb4 Angela Chang writes an article about how Gaga's sales were actually inflated because we all did this.

LOL that's a great idea hahaha

• Mills locked this topic

Archived