Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th

US Charts Discussion - TRACK 'DO WHAT U WANT' HERE!

Americano

Featured Posts

:fail: thanks to pre-orders and it's falling in almost everywhere soon to be overtaken bt Royals on US it's already #2 in the UK and the song never managed to top Australia yeah it's smashing......I wonder if ARTPOP wasn't put for pre-order in which regiouns of the top 100 the song would've been smashing :emma:

Because Royals has airplay... 

DWUW has managed to reach #1 in a lot of markets that Applause didn't. That says a lot. 

And don't act like the people who preordered wouldn't have bought DWUW. This whole "pre-order" argument is so stupid. :emma: :emma: 

• Replies 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Unconditionally.  :heart:

When do we get a lyric video for DWUW?

dispciable+me+super+excited.gif

Paper Gangsta

DWUW has managed to reach #1 in a lot of markets that Applause didn't. That says a lot. 

And don't act like the people who preordered wouldn't have bought DWUW. This whole "pre-order" argument is so stupid. :emma: :emma:

it isnt stupid. For example Dark Horse was far more sucessfull tan Walking On Air, yet it only reached #4(before preorderr effect) and WOA reached #1 almost instantly when preorder effect kicked in

Ugh, Gaga needs to release an EDM smash for global potential. BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

First they release Applause with that weird DJWS-produced instrumental.

DWYW has a really low amount of global potential, let's be honest. Dance music (not Applause-dancy, but more like Aura) is the biggest genre in Europe and as far as I know in Asia too and does well in North America and South America too.

R&B is a genre that is pretty much local to North America but, if the reception is truly overwhelming, can do well too in Europe (like Blurred Lines? is that a good example? :toofunga: ).

I love Unconditionally.  :heart:

When do we get a lyric video for DWUW?

dispciable+me+super+excited.gif

It already has one. 

Lady Gaga â€@ladygaga 6s
Don't worry monsters! We are still scheduled to release #Venus this Monday with a snippet on Friday! AND it will STILL have its own video!

Am I the only one happy about this? DWUW has undeniable crossover potential and the GP is warmly welcoming it. Who cares if it drops off the top spot on iTunes? Once radio gets on board everything will be sorted out. I know we haven't heard Venus, but I just really think DWUW is a good single choice. It's hard for people to dislike this song.

Americano

Am I the only one happy about this? DWUW has undeniable crossover potential and the GP is warmly welcoming it. Who cares if it drops off the top spot on iTunes? Once radio gets on board everything will be sorted out. I know we haven't heard Venus, but I just really think DWUW is a good single choice. It's hard for people to dislike this song.

Really, because I cant imagine people in ****ing Australia or UK jamming to some damn R&B song.

Ugh, Gaga needs to release an EDM smash for global potential. BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

First they release Applause with that weird DJWS-produced instrumental.

DWYW has a really low amount of global potential, let's be honest. Dance music (not Applause-dancy, but more like Aura) is the biggest genre in Europe and as far as I know in Asia too and does well in North America and South America too.

R&B is a genre that is pretty much local to North America but, if the reception is truly overwhelming, can do well too in Europe (like Blurred Lines? is that a good example? :toofunga: ).

I don't know about that.

Diamonds was a big hit all over Europe and is not exactly really dancy

LOL

Mess. If this is true they need to move STAT. It seems clear DWUW could have smashed, but now that the initial surge of sales is over, and they can't sync that with a radio deal, nothing's guaranteed. I need a radio deal and a lyric video like, yesterday.

Interscope can't figure sh*t out with Gaga.

The people who would've bought DWYW in its first day (with no pre-order) are exactly the same as the people who bought Applause in its first day. Nobody else. The pre-order has been there for a much longer while and is bought by fans who don't buy singles and only buy albums, people who want to buy the album, etc and they probably wouldn't have bought the single alone if it was released in its first day.

Applause would've reached #1 and smashed like this too if it was a promo single and the lead single would've been DOPE for example.

Archived