💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

US Charts Discussion - Track "Applause" here!

Americano

Featured Posts

Arturo

It's obvious that the Pop girls will NEVER achieve hits of these magnitudes. One of the reasons that these one-hit-wonders are achieving these GIANT hits is because no one in America really knows who they are, they just hear the song on the radio, like it, and buy it. In the case of the Pop girls, all of them are well-known and have an established image around them that can detract potential buyers. If you tell someone that you bought a Robin Thicke/.fun/Gotye/Carly Rae Jepsen single, none will blink an eye but if you tell someone you bought a Britney/Gaga/Beyonce/J.Lo/Katy/Rihanna song some will definitely scorn it. It's just something I felt like sharing. Especially since it should be noted that both Gaga and Adele achieved what will most likely end up being their most successful songs in the US when they were new artists who no one knew yet. 

Very good point.

Confession time: Before I became exposed to stan culture, I bought Katy's first few singles from TD

Now well, she won't ever see another penny from me :emma:

Stans, whether they like a song or not, will not give in to someone that they hate. However, a one-hit wonder is harmless to their faves.

So we have the stans of all kinds buying it and the musically unaware GP buying it.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dangerous Man

• Klou

• AURA

• Arturo

Top Posters In This Topic

It's obvious that the Pop girls will NEVER achieve hits of these magnitudes. One of the reasons that these one-hit-wonders are achieving these GIANT hits is because no one in America really knows who they are, they just hear the song on the radio, like it, and buy it. In the case of the Pop girls, all of them are well-known and have an established image around them that can detract potential buyers. If you tell someone that you bought a Robin Thicke/.fun/Gotye/Carly Rae Jepsen single, none will blink an eye but if you tell someone you bought a Britney/Gaga/Beyonce/J.Lo/Katy/Rihanna song some will definitely scorn it. It's just something I felt like sharing. Especially since it should be noted that both Gaga and Adele achieved what will most likely end up being their most successful songs in the US when they were new artists who no one knew yet. 

Exactly. The challenge for them is to score a hit closer to the success of the ones that introduced them to the public. Otherwise, they'd really end up as one-hit wonders. But the thing is, the bigger a single becomes, the harder for the artist to top it. That applies to almost all artists, even Gaga herself. 

Klou

Very good point.

Confession time: Before I became exposed to stan culture, I bought Katy's first few singles from TD

Stans, whether they like a song or not, will not give in to someone that they hate. However, a one-hit wonder is harmless to their faves.

So we have the stans of all kinds buying it and the musically unaware GP buying it.

The ugly truth finally comes out..... :troll:

APPLAUSE4YOU

What could've caused Summertime Sadness to jump into the top 200 on iTunes? Any promotion?

Edited by LadyGagaBabe213

BROSEIDON

Epic is sending Ciara's Body Party to Pop radio July 22nd....not sure how to feel. I was personally hoping they'd send Livin' It Up or Overdose to Pop for the summer

I don't mind Blurred Lines, it's just so overplayed and there's so many other songs that deserve more airplay. :emo:

Klou

I don't mind Blurred Lines, it's just so overplayed and there's so many other songs that deserve more airplay. :emo:

I don't hate it either, but it's just so… average… It's slayage really doesn't make much sense to me, but whatever. All this boring ass music will just make Gaga's music stand out even more.

Dangerous Man

like what? :awesome:

--

Chart News â€

@chartnews 1 Jul

Billboard Pop Songs: #1 (4 weeks) Can't Hold Us, @Macklemore & @RyanLewis | #5 Radioactive, @Imaginedragons (Greatest Gainer).

Chart News â€@chartnews 1 Jul

Billboard Adult Contemporary: #1 (2 weeks) When I Was Your Man, @BrunoMars | #6 Stay, @Rihanna Feat. @mikkyekko (Greatest Gainer).

Billboard Adult Pop Songs: #1 (10 weeks) Just Give Me A Reason, @Pink | #17 Blurred Lines, @robinthicke ft Tip + Pharrell (Greatest Gainer).

Billboard Dance/Club Play Songs: #1 (1 week) Come & Get It, @SelenaGomez | #3 Live It Up, @JLo Feat. @Pitbull (Greatest Gainer).

Billboard Dance/Club Play Songs: @selenagomez scores her 5th #1, as Come & Get It soars 4-1 in just its 5th week on the chart.

Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay: #1 (2 weeks) Power Trip, @JColeNC | #10 Blurred Lines, @robinthicke feat. @Tip + @Pharrell (Greatest Gainer).

. I don't hate it either, but it's just so… average… It's slayage really doesn't make much sense to me, but whatever. All this boring ass music will just make Gaga's music stand out even more.

I agree to that.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Arturo

.The ugly truth finally comes out..... :troll:

at least I wasn't a stan, you ex-kitten :troll:

Ozzy8923

Very good point.

Well, I wouldn't apply that to stan culture since stanning is something relative small. When you look at it objectively and realize that on this forum [full of stans] there are about 20K users, maybe less, maybe a bit more and then think about the fact that an album or single for a pop girl sell let's assume around 300K in the first week, stans make up NOTHING of that amount. A pop stars success is found in appealing to the GP, which is why I don't care if anyone stops stanning or not because, quite frankly, stans are a small part of an artists success. :emma: 

BUT I do agree that the fan base of any BIG artist like Gaga, Madonna, Britney, Rihanna, Beyonce etc are more likely to support unknown artists or any artist who isn't a threat to their fave. 

Exactly. The challenge for them is to score a hit closer to the success of the ones that introduced them to the public. Otherwise, they'd really end up as one-hit wonders. But the thing is, the bigger a single becomes, the harder for the artist to top it. That applies to almost all artists, even Gaga herself. 

Yup! 

Klou

at least I wasn't a stan, you ex-kitten :troll:

Correct yourself... Just because she was my #2 doesn't mean I stanned for her :nails:

Lion Heart

So, for those who don't know...

- Made In The USA impacts on July 16 (it was moved again) (currently #450 on iTunes)

Wtf Demi :wtf: What are they doing lately. 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Dangerous Man

HITS:

red - albums with huge drop

NOW IN: FINAL

-- 1 WALE ATLANTIC 151,871 --
THE GIFTED
2 2 J. COLE ROC NATION/COLUMBIA 83,652 -72%
BORN SINNER

1 3 KANYE WEST ROC-A-FELLA/DEF JAM/IDJ 65,721 -80%
YEEZUS

-- 4 SKILLET ATLANTIC 54,805 --
RISE
8 5 FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE REPUBLIC NASHVILLE 31,075 -4%
HERE'S TO THE GOOD TIMES
6 6 DAFT PUNK COLUMBIA 30,695 -22%
RANDOM ACCESS MEMORIES
-- 7 INDIA.ARIE DEF JAM/IDJ 28,812 --
SONGVERSATION
10 8 IMAGINE DRAGONS KIDINAKORNER/INTERSCOPE 28,685 +12%
NIGHT VISIONS

5 9 BLACK SABBATH REPUBLIC 25,628 -46%
-- 10 AUGUST BURNS RED SOLIDSTATE 24,836 --
RESCUE & RESTORE
14 11 MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS MACKLEMORE 23,246 +1%
HEIST

12 12 BLAKE SHELTON WARNER BROS. NASHVILLE 22,690 -7%
BASED ON A TRUE STORY
3 13 MAC MILLER ROSTRUM 22,653 -78%
WATCHING MOVIES WITH THE SOUND
11 14 BRUNO MARS ATLANTIC 22,581 -10%
UNORTHODOX JUKEBOX

4 15 KELLY ROWLAND MOTOWN 22,567 -66%
TALK A GOOD GAME
7 16 HUNTER HAYES ATLANTIC 19,640 -47%
HUNTER HAYES
13 17 DARIUS RUCKER CAPITOL NASHVILLE 19,088 -21%
TRUE BELIEVERS
9 18 JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE RCA 17,351 -46%
20/20 EXPERIENCE

-- 19 AMON AMARTH METAL BLADE 15,705 --
DECEIVER OF THE GODS
21 20 NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC V46 CAPITOL 15,028 -3%
VARIOUS ARTISTS

-- 21 PITCH PERFECT UME 14,507 --
SOUNDTRACK
18 22 NOW COUNTRY 6 UME 12,794 -29%
VARIOUS ARTISTS
24 23 P!NK RCA 12,187 -3%
TRUTH ABOUT LOVE

30 24 MICHAEL BUBLE REPRISE 12,046 +1%
TO BE LOVED
23 25 LADY ANTEBELLUM CAPITOL NASHVILLE 11,728 -8%
GOLDEN
36 26 MUMFORD & SONS GLASSNOTE 10,778 +6%
BABEL
32 27 FALL OUT BOY ISLAND/IDJ 10,483 -5%
SAVE ROCK AND ROLL
27 28 GREAT GATSBY INTERSCOPE 10,466 -14%
SOUNDTRACK / VARIOUS ARTISTS

41 29 KENDRICK LAMAR AFTERMATH/INTERSCOPE 10,439 +18%
GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY
31 30 VAMPIRE WEEKEND XL 9,901 -15%
MODERN VAMPIRES OF THE CITY
33 31 JOHN FOGERTY VANGUARD 9,874 -10%
WROTE A SONG FOR EVERYONE
26 32 LUMINEERS DUALTONE 9,275 -25%
LUMINEERS
28 33 CHRISETTE MICHELE MOTOWN 9,103 -24%
BETTER
35 34 GEORGE STRAIT MCA NASHVILLE 9,015 -16%
LOVE IS EVERYTHING
46 35 ADELE XL/COLUMBIA 8,828 +8%
47 36 DEMI LOVATO HOLLYWOOD 8,572 +5%
DEMI
44 37 TAYLOR SWIFT BIG MACHINE 8,455 0%
RED

25 38 QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE MATADOR 8,409 -32%
...LIKE CLOCKWORK
40 39 KENNY CHESNEY BLUE CHAIR/COLUMBIA NASH 8,352 -6%
LIFE ON A ROCK
-- 40 ATTILA RAZOR & TIE 8,338 --
ABOUT THAT LIFE
16 41 ONEREPUBLIC INTERSCOPE 8,020 -61%
NATIVE

-- 42 QUEENSRYCHE CENTURY MEDIA 8,004 --
QUEENSRYCHE
42 43 MAROON 5 A&M/OCTONE 7,624 -11%
OVEREXPOSED
-- 44 LANA DEL REY INTERSCOPE 7,271 --
BORN TO DIE

-- 45 KACEY MUSGRAVES MERCURY NASHVILLE 7,222 --
SAME TRAILER DIFFERENT PARK
-- 46 FUN. FUELED BY RAMEN 7,213 --
SOME NIGHTS
37 47 BIG TIME RUSH NICKELODEON/COLUMBIA 7,202 -23%
24/SEVEN
50 48 THE BAND PERRY REPUBLIC NASHVILLE 7,169 -9%
PIONEER
48 49 PISTOL ANNIES RCA NASHVILLE 7,165 -11%
ANNIE UP
38 50 LIL WAYNE YM/CM/REPUBLIC 7,077 -24%
I AM NOT A HUMAN BEING

--

Demi increased a bit. :party:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

One Republic new song is really good ! I'll download their album, their last single was quality material to me.