steven 6,734 Posted September 4, 2025 Share Posted September 4, 2025 Yeah, I was expecting much more from him but we don't know what happened behind the scenes. The budget seems very low for this mv, and they probably didn't much have time to plan it considering Gaga's schedule. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
uglysexy 243 Posted September 4, 2025 Share Posted September 4, 2025 I expected something crazier and more bizarre. This just feels like Gaga doing her work and then the location doing all the rest. So where's the Tim Burton? The very very short and underused shots of the dolls coming alive with bad effects (or ai). It's a good concept but the shots are so close to Gaga's face so they all look similar and we don't get to see much of the location. Everything else is nice though, I really like her costume. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
thedirtymonster 793 Posted September 4, 2025 Share Posted September 4, 2025 It kind of felt like the video had 2 transitions, when there should have been maybe one more. First was the dolls coming to life, then the color (which should have come sooner). Maybe there could have been a third shot (maybe on a boat or where Gaga and the dolls were coming to invade the real world off of the island?) Idk, it just feels like there needed to be one more note to make it feel like there was more substance to it. I do like the video and concept though. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Magneto 13,591 Posted September 4, 2025 Share Posted September 4, 2025 Couldn't it also be a time/budget issue since they're probably mostly dependent on Netflix? Just thinking out loud. Cause its exactly what was said already; it started out great, but then didn't really go anywhere Free my mind Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Borisapillar 10,168 Posted September 4, 2025 Share Posted September 4, 2025 10 minutes ago, REALITY said: I’m gonna be honest…I f*cking love Tim Burton and his work, but I think he’s a much better ideator than he is a director. Arguably his most famous work, The Nightmare Before Christmas, wasn’t even directed by him. His style and aesthetic is great, but he’s actually not that good of a director—at least, when it comes to his recent work. The direction on Wednesday isn’t great (it’s fine), but I enjoy the show because I love Jenna in the role and I like being in a “Tim Burton” world. The music video’s cute. I like it the more I watch it, but it is missing a “WOW” factor for me. I think it has to do a lot with the camera work. A lot of the shots were very static and just placed right in front of her. For me, it didn’t do Gaga or the Island of the Dolls location justice. CGI killed his creativity long ago Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
GAYHEMikey 8,241 Posted September 4, 2025 Share Posted September 4, 2025 Did I expect more to happen in the vid? Yes? Do I feel disappointed? No. It’s just a music video. Disease and MTN remain the supremes of her videography and that’s alright NO DUCT TAPE - NO MISSON Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
JustTea 6,989 Posted September 4, 2025 Share Posted September 4, 2025 It's very boring video. Much like TEOG MV -barely any storyline and the choreo is not giving Gaga and is totally basic and lame, lacking iconic dance moves. Laurieann or Richy would've given catchier choreo for sure... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sepsami 21,182 Posted September 4, 2025 Share Posted September 4, 2025 34 minutes ago, thierryrreiht said: The video is giving Covid era. Minimal sets, lot of shots of her alone, handful of masked dancers.. mixed with TEOG last-minute switch 911, an actual (surprise) Covid era video, had more actors, sets, choreo, story, and a much bigger scope.. Damn I was satisfied with the video but bringing up 911 definitely puts it in a different perspective. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chromanne 2,852 Posted September 4, 2025 Share Posted September 4, 2025 10 minutes ago, RAMROD said: It is an amazing MV, and brings out the goth aspect that is known from his works. Not sure what else y'all are expecting?? Most of these people were expecting a GUY sized long music video with parts of Zombieboy, Vanish Into You, Princess Die male version and another dance battle with Mayhem Aunty in 69 costumes. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
REALITY 80,348 Posted September 4, 2025 Share Posted September 4, 2025 4 minutes ago, JustTea said: It's very boring video. Much like TEOG MV -barely any storyline and the choreo is not giving Gaga and is totally basic and lame, lacking iconic dance moves. Laurieann or Richy would've given catchier choreo for sure... the TEOG stray and saying Richy would’ve done better??? 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔪𝔬𝔫𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔞𝔴𝔞𝔶 𝔦𝔱𝔰 𝔪𝔞𝔰𝔨 𝔞𝔫𝔡...𝔦𝔱𝔰 𝔣𝔞𝔠𝔢 𝔴𝔞𝔰 𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔢. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RichAssPiss 5,050 Posted September 4, 2025 Share Posted September 4, 2025 I mean....I think this scenario was very hyped and the hype maybe makes things feel underwhelming. I do suspect due to scheduling the video was probably shot relatively quickly. It seems like the only real plan was to use the location. And that was the whole video concept. It is not bad but not very memorable without many different costumes or sets. It's a bit like The Edge of Glory that way. A very simple video by Gaga standards. It seems a bit thrown together and rushed. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RenegAde 20,635 Posted September 4, 2025 Share Posted September 4, 2025 Some of ya'll dont support her music enough for all this complaining Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luzaleja 2,573 Posted September 4, 2025 Share Posted September 4, 2025 I really like the MV, I love the atmosphere and the dance moves and Gaga is really entrancing, as always, but I don’t think I would have known he was directing if they hadn’t told us I guess looking back they had a really short timeframe to shoot it so it makes sense it would be a more simple video. I think it’s an enjoyable video though I don’t get the hate some have for it Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
JustTea 6,989 Posted September 4, 2025 Share Posted September 4, 2025 6 minutes ago, REALITY said: the TEOG stray and saying Richy would’ve done better??? ROM, Applause, GUY and 911 choreos are way better than TDD Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
SpadesToStart 3,853 Posted September 4, 2025 Share Posted September 4, 2025 44 minutes ago, phantasmas said: yeah but it doesnt bother me as I just see this as cute Wednesday promo Bingo. Too many people were expecting Total Mayhem/deluxe edition first single/era relaunch out of this song and video. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.