Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
movie

Smile 2 Doesn't Get IMAX Screens On Opening Week Cos Of JFAD

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

There’s really one true one wide release this weekend and it’s Paramount‘s sequel Smile 2, which currently sees presales pointing toward a high-teens-millions opening. Tracking earlier this week indicated higher, in the $20 million-plus range, but that all depends on whether Latino and Hispanic moviegoers send this $28M-priced sequel to the 2022 original to another stratosphere.

The original movie is the stuff of post-Covid legends, an example of how a Hollywood major studio with a streaming service shifted a film away from a home release to a mega theatrical release after testing; Smile debuted to $22.6M at the box office and legged out to $105.9M domestic and $217.4M worldwide. Some studios couldn’t do that — re Disney with Hocus Pocus 2, which was confined to its Disney+ release despite great test scores.

The first movie was 80% certified fresh with critics on Rotten Tomatoes and earned a B- CinemaScore. Smile 2 is currently 86% fresh off 36 reviews.

Smile 2 will have the PLFs as part of its 3,500-theater count this weekend. Where are the Imax screens? Why they’re part of a three-week deal on Warner Bros’ bomb Joker: Folie a Deux.

https://deadline.com/2024/10/smile-2-box-office-1236117666/

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • YAAAS 1
  • Sad 1

TimotheeChalamet

It's a bad sequel and not worthy of IMAX in my opinion. Just an overlong series of jumpscares with a messy screenplay and nothing particularly striking besides a lot of gore

killme89
Just now, TimotheeChalamet said:

It's a bad sequel and not worthy of IMAX in my opinion. Just an overlong series of jumpscares with a messy screenplay and nothing particularly striking besides a lot of gore

Well this just made me want to watch it even more 

• Thanks 1

weed

i'm excited to watch, surprisingly loved the first one after my initial thought of "how stupid, they're just smiling" lol

bionic
25 minutes ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

Yes but what about Smile 2??

buy bionic
  • LMAO 6
  • YAAAS 1

Flippy
23 minutes ago, bionic said:

Yes but what about Smile 2??

Snow White Witch GIF by Disney+

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22