Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
movie

Joker FAD Submitting For Golden Globe Under Comedy/Musical Category

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Filmmakers and distributors of awards-hopefuls have until Nov. 4 to submit their category preference — drama versus musical or comedy — to the Golden Globes organization, which reserves the right to overturn any classification that it finds egregiously inaccurate.

Some of this year’s cases are inarguable — for instance, Netflix’s Emilia Pérez, in which characters spontaneously burst into song, is clearly a musical (if not a comedy), and A24’s The Brutalist, in which an immigrant faces all sorts of harrowing hurdles, is clearly a drama. There are, however, also plenty of close-calls, about which many have made assumptions, but, in most cases, not confirmed.

Joining Emilia Pérez in the the musical/comedy field will be several other musicals, including Universal’s Wicked; Warners’ Joker: Folie à Deux; Sony Classics’ Kneecap; Disney’s Mufasa: The Lion King; and Paramount’s Better Man and Mean Girls. But THR can confirm that a number of pretty dark films will also be entered there, most notably Neon’s Anora, the story of a sex worker who gets mixed up with shady Russians; Searchlight’s A Real Pain, about cousins who visit Poland to pay tribute to their late grandmother; A24’s A Different Man, the story of a man with neurofibromatosis who undergoes surgery to reverse it, and Heretic, a horror flick in which a home visit by Mormon missionaries goes wrong; and, as Gold Derbypreviously reported and some are likely to raise objections to, Amazon/MGM’s Challengers, in which young tennis players wind up in a love triangle.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/golden-globes-2025-dramas-musical-comedies-contenders-1236032571/

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1

bionic

Frankly IMO it doesn't deserve a nomination. I think it will get one tho on star power alone

buy bionic

RAMROD

From this move, I guess we can predict what they are gonna do for Emmy, Brit, and Oscars FYCs

bionic
4 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

From this move, I guess we can predict what they are gonna do for Emmy, Brit, and Oscars FYCs

BAFTA?

buy bionic

Red
6 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Emmy? :huh:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Red

Alexa, play the album Radical Optimism 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • LMAO 3

mamo
4 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Two of those awards shows you mentioned aren't movie-related :selena:

It's typically Golden Globes, Critics Choice, BAFTA, SAG and Oscars.

Unfortunately, I don't think Joker: FAD will be nominated in any tbh. It's quite a competitive this year and given the reception of the film, it's looking unlikely. 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

jacs vs looser

I would honestly be too embarrassed to submit :icant: 

But at the same time, isn't the voting committee formed by like 8 people? Like, if they were going to hope for any awards at all I can see why they went for these ones.

• Like 1

Nite

I have no idea how these things work but I'm delulu enough to hope for a little nod towards the music and the acting which really was well done. Not delulu enough to be bothered when it doesn't happen though.

RAMROD
13 minutes ago, bionic said:

BAFTA?

Yes :ororomunroe:

10 minutes ago, Red said:

Alexa, play the album Radical Optimism 

9 minutes ago, mamo said:

Two of those awards shows you mentioned aren't movie-related :selena:

L

I am like Arthur, living in my own fantasy :ororomunroe:

Edited by RAMROD
  • LMAO 1

jackweller

If Gaga goes supporting it won’t matter anyway because supporting categories combine drama and comedy. 

Anderson123

The movie deserves at least some nominations. Maybe Cinematography, Sound and Score (Dune 2 most likely snatches these), hopefully Original Song for Folie a Deux, maybe Hair/Make Up and Costume Design noms.

Sadly I don't think Lead Actor and Supporting Actress are even gonna have a chance and definitely NOT Director but can see this making it to the Golden Globes Best Comedy/Musical film even though it should be on Drama. 

Edited by Anderson123

Oriane

Interesting, I would definitely put it more in the drama category.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
  • Like 3