Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
performance

Can we just talk about this performance (for a hot min)

SlaeUrAnus

Featured Posts

SlaeUrAnus

I dunno about you guys, but I remember watching this at 3am in the UK and being GAGged when I watched it live. 

I remember living for this at the time as it was something I never heard from her before (even though I always knew how much of an incredible singer she is).

I watched the amazing performances of Hair (Howard Stern), Marry The Night (X Factor UK 2011) and The Edge of Glory (acoustic Radio in the Park 2011) but nothing like this leading up to 2015. 

I feel like this truly changed her trajectory as a singer. 

In my messy era.
  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Bloody Matt

The way I still remember that day :traumatica: seeing her finally being appreciated after years of hate was so emotional.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

HelloHangoverz

The moment she saved her career

my head is filled with broken mirrors, so many I can't look away
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

SlaeUrAnus
Just now, Bloody Matt said:

The way I still remember that day :traumatica: seeing her finally being appreciated after years of hate was so emotional.

This is how I exactly felt.

We all knew how much of a great vocalist she was, but she got discredited even during the BTW and ARTPOP era.

I felt like this performance shut all of the haters up.

In my messy era.

Siena

This day was a huge turning point and I remember how shocked I was watching it. I showed up to high school the next day and everyone was talking about how amazing her performance was and how they didn’t know she could do that. I remember feeling so happy others finally saw what I saw:heart:

Edited by Siena
  • Love 1

Bloody Matt

2015 was definitely a pivotal year for her career. You could really feel the narrative around her drastically shift: CTC's Grammy win, her performances going viral on FB, AHS announcement. I feel like most fans nowadays sadly tend to overlook that era as it may seem boring/uneventful bc of the lack of new music, but for those fans who were there back then it was truly a happy time because it was the first time (sadly, in a way) her talent was finally being appreciated by the public.

Edited by Bloody Matt
  • Love 5

clownery

Her voice sounds like silk here there's no other way to describe this. And yes, this is my favorite vocal performance of hers. 

SlaeUrAnus

And how most of us stood by her when everyone was against her after ARTPOP :kry:

I love this woman (and ya’ll) :holdmyhand:

Edited by SlaeUrAnus
In my messy era.
  • Love 1

nodandsmile

I remember being SHOOK watching it the next morning omw to school, I always knew she could sing (she did that incredibly underrated "Lush Life" performance a few weeks before!) and still... :giveup:

• Like 1

MaybeKermit
57 minutes ago, Bloody Matt said:

2015 was definitely a pivotal year for her career. You could really feel the narrative around her drastically shift: CTC's Grammy win, her performances going viral on FB, AHS announcement. I feel like most fans nowadays sadly tend to overlook that era as it may seem boring/uneventful bc of the lack of new music, but for those fans who were there back then it was truly a happy time because it was the first time (sadly, in a way) her talent was finally being appreciated by the public.

+ the Tom Ford ad with I Want Your Love !!

River
1 hour ago, Monstermilo said:

yes none of her peers could do this

sorry but Katy could do that and even better :patrizia:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

To this day, I keep the HD FEED rip of this on my computer. It's just stunning in every way! 

Julie Andrews coming out to hug her, the standing ovation from the room, the foreshadowing cut to Bradley... just PERFECTION :vegas: