Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
new music

Charli xcx - Brat and it’s completely different but also still brat

alsemanche

Featured Posts

Tinnitus15
1 minute ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

You couldn’t care less…okay, should we throw a party? Should we invite Bella Hadid?

Patti Lupone GIF by Tony Awards
tell em 

• LMAO 2

Windowlicker
50 minutes ago, corytrelawney said:

Lovelovelove the new versions. Like Charli said in her Zane Lowe interview, it’s not really a remix album - it’s a whole new album. These are songs reworked into new songs. It reminds me of c 2.0 from her HIFN album - it’s essentially a part two or ‘rework’ of an already existing song. 

Yeah. She's approached these remixes more liberally, like how Mariah used to create entirely new songs out of her mixes. There's a new point of view here, and more artistic merit than if Charli were to slap a guest verse on the original tracks and/or release a set of basic club mixes (which can be great in their own right!). She's responding to her newfound success and fame in real time. The same success she wrote about being envious of others for and wanting on OG Brat. But it has only created a new set of problems for her and she's wondering if it's actually what she wants now, while being aware that she will likely never reach these heights again.

I think it's a great move.

• YAAAS 3

Leblanc

I love that this remix album will filter out some of those newer fans who only like brat. This album is very charli and I like the slower introspective vibe this one gives, it's very much the complementary comedown of the high that was brat

Coven Season
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Elohim

I can’t wait, didn't liked brat much, maybe because I feel Charli is really great at making fantastic collabs, and brat had none.

so when she announced this slbum I was extremely excited, hoping it’ll give POP2 vibes

GagaSuperfan1
5 hours ago, DrewPa said:

Wait, I preordered the one with two more songs... Is this version going to get released on Physical format also? 

If so, I can still cancel the order, help please? 

CD on store

Ziggy
3 hours ago, Windowlicker said:

Yeah. She's approached these remixes more liberally, like how Mariah used to create entirely new songs out of her mixes. There's a new point of view here, and more artistic merit than if Charli were to slap a guest verse on the original tracks and/or release a set of basic club mixes (which can be great in their own right!). She's responding to her newfound success and fame in real time. The same success she wrote about being envious of others for and wanting on OG Brat. But it has only created a new set of problems for her and she's wondering if it's actually what she wants now, while being aware that she will likely never reach these heights again.

I think it's a great move.

Mhmm I agree it’s interesting to have this respond to the rapid and outsized impact of the og album so quickly. It reminds me a LOT of HIFN in that regard. Quickly reacting to life changing events and basically becoming a diary of a time

• Like 1
  • Love 1