Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
news

Warner Bros. Exec: Lady Gaga Partly At Fault for JFAD Bombing

Just A Holy Fool

Featured Posts

Just A Holy Fool

Wow, way to completely throw her under the bus and not even bother touching on the Joaquin and Todd ****ery. His comments read as very misogynistic. They are literally trying to scapegoat her, when because of Todd, she hardly was in the film and after using her to market the film.

https://movieweb.com/lady-gagas-harley-quinn-casting-blamed-joker-folie-deux-failure/

• LMAO 2
  • Shook 3
  • Sad 4

Amidana

:(
i was so excited to see my most favorite artist play my most favorite character :messga:  mister t*dd screwed up big time

Edited by Amidana
  • Like 2

27monster27

Damn this is the ARTPOP of her acting career. :rip: She's getting blamed for other peoples issues just like with Troy Carter.

Lady Gaga got a really misogynistic audience ahead of her with this one. The OG Harley Quinn, like I said in another thread, was very male-gaze oriented. Lady Gaga was given a chance to do something different. Sadly she is paying the price for this. I hope she never works with Todd again.

he/him/his
  • Like 2

NarlesLM

My god that's the most cynical declaration I've ever read. Putting the blame on Gaga when literally every critique highlights her as one of few good things from this movie is just straight up man in power ****. I got really mad reading this. I hope her team sues this man.

Edited by NarlesLM
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 8

Reality

That's ridiculous. It baffles me how out of touch some studio executives are. Like, Gaga's performance is quite literally the only thing critics agree is GOOD about the movie. I've watched many reviews and—I kid you not—in none of them have I heard them complain about Gaga. The worst thing I heard was someone said she was "just ok," but if that's the worst thing someone can say about your performance, then you're doing a damn good job.

The problem was the story and its execution. Plain and simple. People didn't go to the film expecting a philosophical courtroom drama about what it means to be the "Joker" and how parasocial relationships and sensationalism break down people—particularly those who are already mentally ill. They went in expecting a Bonnie & Clyde-style movie with Joker and Harley. It also doesn't help that the pacing was poor and the musical sequences didn't deliver.

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹
  • Like 6

CautiousLurker

I think we need to start ignoring negative press, especially stuff like its - it's unfair and unproductive, dwelling on it won't lead to anything good

Men are naturally more dominating, aggressive, and logical thinking because we have balls.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Whigney Houstan

Sad. 

I was worried about the LG7 single coming so soon after but I guess it's probably good to move on.

Edited by Whigney Houstan
  • Sad 1

NarlesLM
9 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

I think we need to start ignoring negative press, especially stuff like its - it's unfair and unproductive, dwelling on it won't lead to anything good

This is not a random DC fanboy on Twitter it's actually a WB Exec. giving a interview to Wall Street Jornal. I think we should go to twitter and start a debate this man is straight up messing with our queen. I'm fuming. :saladga:

https://www.wsj.com/business/media/200-million-joker-sequel-is-a-box-office-bust-9b92a7c0

Also I just read it on other website.

(read the comments section)

https://www.cbr.com/warner-bros-joker-2-didnt-land/

This is so UNFAIR TO HER. MY GOD.

Edited by NarlesLM
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Ew from Judas

Is anyone else just…exhausted after all of this?

Absolutely ridiculous 

Ew
  • Like 2

Mr Oak

Goldstein noted that he feels the “core male audience” that made the first movie a huge success, struggled to connect with Gaga’s take on the ever-popular Harley Quinn. 

Doesn't he blame the "core male audience" tho, and not Gaga? They were the ones lacking. Y'all are making a big deal out of this :holdmyhand:

• Thanks 5

Edonis
1 minute ago, NarlesLM said:

This is not a random DC fanboy on Twitter is actually a WB  giving a interview to Wall Street Jornal. I think we should go to twitter and start a debate this man is straight up messing with our queen. I'm fuming.

https://www.wsj.com/business/media/200-million-joker-sequel-is-a-box-office-bust-9b92a7c0

Also I just read it on other website.

(read the commenting section)

https://www.cbr.com/warner-bros-joker-2-didnt-land/

This is so UNFAIR TO HER. MY GOD.

y'all...don't start fighting with these people. They do not take stans seriously in the first place. Just ignore and move on. 

Butters Stotch

Dumbest thing I've read. If the male audience doesn't connect with Gaga's Harley it's not because of her, it's because they wanted to see boobs and ass and childish. They are the ones with the issue and should check themselves because it sounds very dangerous to me to be a grown man and be looking for women with their boobs and asses out while acting childish... :bionic:

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

Rahrahbitchson

This is all misogynist behavior, the way these f*ggots try to excuse themselves by blaming a woman is disgusting. The level of disrespect towards an artist like Gaga, she did not direct this sh!t, she did not decide for it to be a musical, people were angry from the moment it was announced that this would be a musical and all those decisions were not made by Gaga, WARNER GO FVCK YOURSELF:fthis:

This is so UNFAIR, my heart HURTS for Gaga and how she might feel after reading this SH!T

Edited by Rahrahbitchson
Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙
  • Thanks 5

Just A Holy Fool
3 minutes ago, Mr Oak said:

Goldstein noted that he feels the “core male audience” that made the first movie a huge success, struggled to connect with Gaga’s take on the ever-popular Harley Quinn. 

Doesn't he blame the "core male audience" tho, and not Gaga? They were the ones lacking. Y'all are making a big deal out of this :holdmyhand:

He is basically saying, if Gaga wasn’t in it the “male audience” would have come to watch. 

• Like 1