Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

I think Gaga saw this coming.

RenegAde

Featured Posts

RenegAde

Ramble alert :huntyga:

Joker isn't getting the worldwide acclaim we hoped for and a lot people are worried about how Gaga is dealing with this but I don't think Gaga is too suprised by this.

I feel She's seasoned,connected, and experienced enough to smell a post production/internal mess from afar. If some of us here could see the cracks early on then I'm sure she could too.

If Gaga was confident in this project she would never schedule another solo project so soon after the movie drops. neither would she release an "accompanying" album before the movie release when the movie has a soundtrack of its own.

Imagine her dropping music during ASIB rollout  akin to die with a smile. She was completely invested in that and every  appearance she made during that era except enigma was dedicated to promoting  ASIB.

I havnt seen the movie yet because I'm disappointed at the amount of screen time she has. and i don't care what anybody says, that was not only a stupid move but very deceptive promotion.

I'm happy but not surprised that once again her acting is being praised despite a subpar script. They need to stop wasting this woman's talent. Bradley really deserves his flowers for knowing what was best for the movie and prioritizing that.

Edited by RenegAde
  • Like 16

eddyjeddy

Yep could make sense to why LG7 lead is being released this month - while she’s still promoting Harlequin and the movie - mama is doing come cleaning 

But in the cultural sense, I just speak in future tense
  • LMAO 1

A Very Gaga Holida

I do think she did know.

Well, one of the first things she publicly said about the film is that the script was not enough on its own. :icant:

Not surprising she had to record Harlequin ´cause as she says, she wasn’t ready to let her character go. All that training and method acting for such a film at the end.

Reminds me of when she shaded Ridley Scott during the HOG campaign, basically saying that great acting alone can’t save a film if the direction isn’t right, and that Ridley should have kept the scene where she makes out with Salma :deadbanana:

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

RenegAde
4 minutes ago, A Very Gaga Holida said:

I do think she did know.

Well, one of the first things she publicly said about the film is that the script was not enough on its own. :icant:

Not surprising she had to record Harlequin ´cause as she says, she wasn’t ready to let her character go. All that training and method acting for such a film at the end.

Reminds me of when she shaded Ridley Scott during the HOG campaign, basically saying that great acting alone can’t save a film if the direction isn’t right, and that Ridley should have kept the scene where she makes out with Salma :deadbanana:

I don't think we've heard the last of the internal mess that occurred during the course of making this movie. :messga:

River

She knew about the changes in the script but not the final cut and honestly, she looked surprised and disappointed in Venice, her best scenes were cut, for no reason.. from a deep character she became a trophy character.. she's more a cameo to bring views than a developed character

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Sad 2

DpHitch1992

100%

It's pretty shocking how much was left out in the film that was shown in the trailer. She obviously knew this b4 hand and thought f**k it, I'm gonna make my own harley quinn era with a 6.5 album and I'm bloody glad she has.

• Like 4
  • YAAAS 1

monstertoronto

This does make sense. She’s got a lot of things happening at the same time. LG7 will def blunt some of the negativity of Joker. 

Jase

Yeah, we'll never know for sure but I think it's pretty obvious her team saw this coming and acted accordingly. 

Mr Oak
36 minutes ago, River said:

She knew about the changes in the script but not the final cut and honestly, she looked surprised and disappointed in Venice, her best scenes were cut, for no reason.. from a deep character she became a trophy character.. she's more a cameo to bring views than a developed character

Wait, they saw the film for the first time at the Venice festival?:bradley: maybe that's why Joaquin left:franminervini:

Didymus

I disagree. There is no way she could predict the final cut. What is more likely is Interscope was like hmm... this soundtrack is not gonna make us a lot of money so Gaga, why don't you turn these unappealing songs into something else that we can actually market? Why not get your fiancé involved so we can clusterbomb these disparate elements (Olympics, engagement, Joker movie, Bruno collab) together into something that might sell?

AnglerfishbraBENUS

idk if you guys are reading twitter but it’s kind of becoming a cult classic before our eyes 

Magic Mike

I’m sure Gaga couldn’t care less about the criticism because she clearly believed deeply in this project and its ideas.

The film is pretty good, and I think people are completely missing how delirious and political it really is. It feels like everyone is blind to the fact that behind all the madness, there’s a sharp critique of spectacle and society. 

LilyLark

I agree.

Honestly, releasing LG7's lead in the same month seemed strange from the get-go. I know some people thought she might want to ride of Joker 2 buzz (back when we thought it would be positive), but usually there would be some breathing room and an attempt to extend the buzz as long as possible (e.g. if they really wanted to ride off good buzz, it feels like LG7's lead would have been released in November).

The same month, though, feels like it's an attempt to counteract Joker 2.

To be fair, I do feel like the negativity is overblown. I was disappointed, but I'm also baffled at the film receiving a lower cinemascore than Aquaman 2, The Flash, etc. In my opinion, Gaga's team knew it would be controversial, but I doubt they thought it would be this controversial.