💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

achievement

Joker 2 projected to open $68M

dit

Featured Posts

dit

This is amazing and is shocking! what u guys think?

Yes its a little bit less than the first but it's ok imo I think

"However, Puck's Matthew Belloni just shared on X yesterday that the tracking for Folie à Deux hit "has dropped slightly from $70M last week to $68M." It seems that moviegoers are just not as interested in Joaquin Phoenix's Arthur Fleck as they were the first time around."

https://www.cbr.com/joker-2-box-office-tracking-worse-than-first-movie/

erfaan

I feel like this is so hard to predict (esp in Aus) as so many people buy tickets on the day due to the cost of living crisis 

• Like 1
  • Shook 1

Guillaume Hamon

I just hope these crying dudes complaining about the musical aspect/ Gaga will give the movie a chance lol.

• Like 1

Sorcerer

I wouldn't call this an achievement. It's pretty low. The first film opened at $90M with considerably less budget. I hope the film opens with at least $80M domestic considering that musicals are a hard sell, but the promotion still seems muted. 

• Like 1

GaGaAst

How's this achievement ? The first one opened at almost 100M. with this huge budget ,it should have opened at much higher.

I love the optimism lately and all the success Gaga is achieving, but I feel sometimes that we tend to overstate everything related to Gaga.

excited for movie . this is first Gaga movie that will be released in our country

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs
  • Like 1

LateToCult

It dropped from the $70M projection. Do we have the bomb of the year on our hands? :enigma:

dit
10 minutes ago, Sorcerer said:

I wouldn't call this an achievement. It's pretty low. The first film opened at $90M with considerably less budget. I hope the film opens with at least $80M domestic considering that musicals are a hard sell, but the promotion still seems muted. 

7 minutes ago, GaGaAst said:

How's this achievement ? The first one opened at almost 100M. with this huge budget ,it should have opened at much higher.

I love the optimism lately and all the success Gaga is achieving, but I feel sometimes that we tend to overstate everything related to Gaga.

excited for movie . this is first Gaga movie that will be released in our country

you skinny legends may be right BUT I think a lot about movie promo is psychological! If the fan base is believe that this is good this will translate to social media and then people will give it a chance and critics going to like it more I think! :hug: :heart: Let's be happy warriors! 

• Like 1

Bronco
4 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

It dropped from the $70M projection. Do we have the bomb of the year on our hands? :enigma:

No thats Borderlands 💀

• LMAO 3

erfaan

I don't get why she isn't doing more promoooooo the movie legit comes out in two weeks

Edited by erfaan
  • Like 3

dit
1 minute ago, erfaan said:

I don't get why she isn't doing more promoooooo the movie legit comes out in two weeks

People picked up that Gaga was demure and mindful during the Venice premier and she seemed almost unengaged. They also picked up that Joaquin and todd seemed very click-ish and made Gaga seem out of place / like third wheel. Obviously tyhey probably have deeper relationship since they worked together before Gaga but it might also be indicative of some kind of weird dynamic going on between everyone which may be causing some delay / or less enthusiastic promo run for this sequel tbh

• Like 1

PunkTheFunk

That's amazing. So instead of a box office bomb, this will just be a medium-sized flop. :applause:

• LMAO 2

FATCAT

Yall Phoenix hates in-person promo, especially talk shows. I'm willing to bet that's why there's been limited promo by Gaga and the other actors. Online promo has been pretty extensive though, I've seen quite a few trailers out in the wild, just like the first film. We're probably just not used to it after HoG and ASIB were interviews everywhere.

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Thanks 4

FATCAT
1 minute ago, PunkTheFunk said:

That's amazing. So instead of a box office bomb, this will just be a medium-sized flop. :applause:

The first Joker didn't have a phenomenal opening either, only $90 M, so if its just as polarizing & gets a lot of attention, it could propel it in the weeks following. Plenty of other movies labeled "flops" by critics went on to be fan favorites. 

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 1

Luna Lovegood

we went from 100M projected opening to 70M to 68M… yeah this is not an achievement idk how to sugar coat this… 

luna’s advocate

• FATCAT changed the title to Joker 2 projected to open $68M