opinion

Is Gaga moving on from joker too fast

RenegAde

Featured Posts

RenegAde

Even though my initial guess was right that lg7 will come next year, im still suprised that the lead single is coming so soon around the release of joker. And the fact that she announced it around joker premier is weird cuz iv never seen Gaga overlap eras like this.

Promoting her single/album and also doing press for a movie that also has music is a bit out of character for her. We saw how she poured her heart and soul and put her music on hold for the past 2 movies she did. What's different about joker? Why

Controversiaga

I don’t think joker era has even begun yet

I Think lg7 single will come out the last week of October .

I’d rather her push for lg7 than push for joker. Let joker just do its own thing. It’s Joaquin’s movie anyways- he can promote it . Sounds like Gaga is the supporting role.

so id be very happy if she prioritizes LG7 during october

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • Like 10

Juanlittlem

She did nothing after the movies premiered tho. Yes she did attend to award ceremonies where she was nominated but other than that the movie eras were over when the movies were released.

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.
  • Like 2

NATAH

tbh what more can she do? the pre-recorded promo will be released over time, she will attend the premieres, the movie will come out early october... what's left to do? :volantis:

i'm betting LG7 lead will come mid/late october, once press for the movie is over! there's no point her sitting in silence until (potentially :madge:) oscar season

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 1

SHALLOW

Idk but i don't feel very hyped about it. Maybe October will be more exciting with all the events 

• Like 3

Bradley

I wish the press junket was more dramatic. I wanted to know what animals she studied this time. The leftover food she had with Joaquin. Did she stop dead in the tracks when Joaquin sang? Did she send flies to Joaquin from her trailer?

• LMAO 5

Luna Lovegood

yeah joker era feels stagnant so far compared to ASIB for some reason maybe everything will start to unfold in October idk 

luna’s advocate

I loved all the interviews she did for the previous movies and the chemistry she had with the co-stars. UK interview with Graham comes to mind. There were some truly funny and iconic moments there. Anything remotely close to that has yet to appear.

Edited by Raivo

dit

Anyone else kind of pick up the vibe that Gaga isn’t as passionate about Joker as she was Haus of Coochie and ASIB? I feel like maybe she did not know she would be relegated to supporting actress in the film so she became a little disenchanted and disappointed in a way. I’m sure she’s still super proud but apparently she truly is a supporting role in the film instead of co lead. 

• Like 4

Reality

Aside from announcing that LG7's lead is coming in October, what else has she done for LG7 recently that indicates that she's "moving on from Joker too fast"? I think the strategy was to use DWAS and Joker 2's hype to launch herself into LG7—which I believe will be effective. DWAS is already smashing, but Joker 2's a different story. I don't think it will replicate the first movie's success, so it'll either flop (both with audiences and the box office) or do well enough (again, in both regards). I think it'll be the latter. Regardless, if the movie does well, that brings more hype for LG7, and if it isn't received well, then she can quickly move on to the lead single. So for Gaga, it's kind of a win-win.

🃏🖤👹

Bonkers

if the reviews are to be believed (and I think they are) Lady Gaga was under utilized and frustratingly restrained in Joker FAD (no one is blaming her for either of those things)

Is it an unpopular opinion that it's kind of disappointing that she spent years on this project?  It's a sequel.    

Edited by Bonkers
Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates
  • Like 1

Didymus

I think it's finally a good balance tbh. Her acting career should not outweigh her solo output. They are effectively side projects and I never liked how she presented them as if they were just as and sometimes more fulfilling than her own artistic creations.

So maybe this is just part of a seemingly more grounded approach to her career.

I think it's a good strategy tbh. DWAS is doing very well now. The lead single of LG7 will likely benefit from both the Joker2's promotion and the success of DWAS. I think that's what her team is planning. If the song got tied to the movie then the promotion of the movie will automatically carry the song. This is assuming that people love the movie of course. But even if people don't love the movie as much, if the song itself is good, it can also thrive without the movie. Either way, this sounds like a good strategy for me. No loss no matter what.

Defmix100
1 hour ago, dit said:

Anyone else kind of pick up the vibe that Gaga isn’t as passionate about Joker as she was Haus of Coochie and ASIB? I feel like maybe she did not know she would be relegated to supporting actress in the film so she became a little disenchanted and disappointed in a way. I’m sure she’s still super proud but apparently she truly is a supporting role in the film instead of co lead. 

I get the feeling that she doesn't want to be saying things that get turned into memes again or seen as being over the top since there were rumors last time that it was affecting her oscar nom chances for HOG. There are still people making the 100 people in the room joke and saying she seemed fake/insincere

• Like 1

Bronco

Honestly movie promo ends on release night, then they do some critic fluffing at the odd award show. 

But in terms of work load, there's none after the release.