'DWAS' ON SPOTIFY
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Katy Perry performs new songs at Evita in Los Angeles

Teletubby

Featured Posts

dberrin

Ok I was there it was actually fun but weird.

first of all they were playing old Kesha songs before she came on stage (produced by dr Luke so I guess she doesn’t mind)

then she did sing a lot of songs but they were all cut.

and she s hypocrite and has bad memories. Apparently she was made by the gays while most of her fan as was little girls. But she s right only gays who like throwback acts like her now.

overall that was fun

Real Panda

I have an idea on how Katy could turn things around because Woman's World despite being so awful (thats my opinion), it still made buzz. It was quite polarizing but people still tuned in for the mess, making it #63 on the charts. Even When I'm Gone, which I liked, couldn't do that. 

So my idea would be is for Katy to go the Nicki Minaj route, create beefs with artists who are less popular than her and write diss tracks. I know it sounds negative but if Nicki could thrive with a fanbase that sees their fave fighting with other artists then Katy could do so as well. There is certainly a market for it. Look at Taylor, she became an avatar for people because of her beef with Kanye who a lot of people dont like. A lot of people dont like Kim K. and reality stars.

Katy already tried the country route with the John Mayer Duet back in 2012/2013 and in 2020/2021 she also released a country duet that flopped. I doubt a One of the Boys Pop/Rock route could save her. She can go Joanne but I fear that would tank her worse than 143.

Lets be honest its not just having good music that makes you successful. What she is lacking is relevancy and public interest.

Edited by Real Panda

RickMonster98

She should just go back to her songwriting pop-rock roots. 

These songs are bad:alsemanche:

27monster27

Wasn't she originally supposed to be doing this album with Zedd? I wonder why that got scrapped.

6 hours ago, Teletubby said:

it was her A&R that convinced her to start working on the album at the same time as Nicki Minaj got #1 with Dr Luke in 2022. he surely played a big role in Katy and Luke reconnection, he mentioned in the past that he will work with him again:
AandR.png

This might be it I think.

he/him/his
  • Like 1

chromaticainmyhead

it's as if she's taken too many drugs in one point of her 30s 

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

Bradley
2 hours ago, Real Panda said:

So my idea would be is for Katy to go the Nicki Minaj route, create beefs with artists who are less popular than her and write diss tracks. I know it sounds negative but if Nicki could thrive with a fanbase that sees their fave fighting with other artists then Katy could do so as well. There is certainly a market for it. Look at Taylor, she became an avatar for people because of her beef with Kanye who a lot of people dont like. A lot of people dont like Kim K. and reality stars.

This is wildest suggestion I've ever heard :air:

• LMAO 1

Real Panda
1 minute ago, Bradley said:

This is wildest suggestion I've ever heard :air:

You know I'm right. Its not the songs that are lacking because in my opinion, Katy songs have always been this way, whats lacking is relevancy.

What would you suggest, Bradley? 

Borisapillar
10 hours ago, Didymus said:

Omg we're truly not ready for how basic this album is gonna be :rip:

But I mean this album will exist in the context of all in which it lives and what came before it so of course it’ll be basic :triggered:

lolitamuse

It's good to see Gaga & Kesha having a true 2010s pop girl renaissance, but they've both clearly matured and their current music reflects that. Katy is flopping for the third time in a row because she has nothing of substance to say, nor a creative way to say it. Joyride is an absolute bop because only Kesha would give you an accordion and gothic choral arrangement on a pop radio hit. DWAS is smashing because Gaga knows who to work with and when, and her and Bruno knew they'd be a success together before she started her Joker tour. 

Katy & her team are out of touch, and have been since 2012.