💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

The 1975 sued by Malaysian Festival for $2.4M

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

The organizer of Malaysia’s Good Vibes Festival has filed a lawsuit against the 1975 and all its members individually following frontman Matty Healy’s protest against the country’s anti-LGBTQ laws during the event last July. The festival is seeking £1.9 million ($2.4 million) after the band’s antics resulted in the festival being shut down.

In court documents filed by festival organizers Future Sound Asia in the U.K. High Court, they claim that the 1975 and their management team were aware of the numerous prohibitions the band had to abide by in order to perform. They point out the band previously performed at the festival in 2016 and were told of the prohibitions then and were reminded multiple times again ahead of the performance last summer.

These included swearing, smoking and drinking on stage, taking off clothes and talking about politics or religion.

Further guidelines issues by the Malaysia Central Agency for the Application for Foreign Filming and Performance by Foreign Artistes (PUSPAL) included a ban on “kissing, kissing a member of the audience or carrying out such actions among themselves.”

The band, who were paid $350,000 to perform, agreed to abide by the rules in order to take part in the festival.

The lawsuit accuses Healy of drinking alcohol, acting “in a drunken way,” smoking cigarettes “appear[ing] to vomit on the stage and/or grunt and spit excessively including towards the audience,” delivering a “profanity-laden speech” and deliberatively damaging a video drone hired by the festival organisers.

Following the kiss PUSPAL officers ordered the band to stop their performance.

The day after the performance, the organizers’ license was revoked and the remaining two days of the music festival – which were set to include performances from both local and international bands such as the Strokes — were canceled.

Cockroach of GGD

CautiousLurker
9 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

grunt and spit excessively

Things gay people are know for :interestinga:

• LMAO 2

hieronymus
16 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

especially in tumblr fan fiction

RAMROD

Hope that homopy orginizer lost :ororomunroe:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ I've Become A Notorious Being (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

dopega

I dislike Matt and his behaviour but protesting against homophobic bs laws is such a boss move :golfclap:

Gabe

If they lost in court, I would simply not pay. What are they gonna do, ban them from entry from Malaysia? Their loss. 

Schizophonic
2 hours ago, CautiousLurker said:

well, yeah... but in bed 

Roughhouse Dandy

I'd sue the festival for false advertisement; the vibes aren't very good at all. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.