6-Woman’s World

Ronk
3 hours ago, Red said:

California Gurls 

Roar

I Kissed A Girl 

Chained to the Rhythm 

Woman’s World

Never Really Over (I haaaateeee this song :triggered:)

to be fair I like the top 4 almost equally, it was hard to rank them. Katy is the true queen of lead singles :applause:

But what do you think about Daisies (in place of NRO)?

I live outside the space time continuum.

Red
5 minutes ago, Ronk said:

But what do you think about Daisies (in place of NRO)?

Same lol

I think the only single from Smile I like is Harleys in Hawaii and it was a grower

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 1

Real Panda

1- Chained To The Rhythym - The lyrics is what appeals to me the most talking about becoming zombies to social media & technology, I love it.

2- Never Really Over - Its very catchy and a different sound for Katy and has a mature-relationship topic. I like it.

3- California Gurls - Sounds like a remix of Kesha's Tik Tok song, still okay

4- Roar - Discount version of Sara Bareilles' Brave

5- Woman's World - Dr. Luke & its corny

6- I Kissed A Girl - Katy saying she never actually kissed a girl during 2008/2009 interviews, that it was just a dream and I dont like the lyrics saying it feels wrong for a woman to kiss another woman, this and Ur So Gay's lyrics are just so offputting.

Edited by Real Panda

Ronk

1. Chained To The Rhythm

2. California Girls

3. Daisies

4. Woman's World

5. I Kissed A Girl

6. Roar

swooning

1. Chained to the Rhythm

2. Never Really Over (if it counts?)

3. I Kissed a Girl

4. California Gurls

5. Dasies

6. Roar

7. Woman's World

Ronk
15 minutes ago, Red said:

Same lol

I think the only single from Smile I like is Harleys in Hawaii and it was a grower

Yeah, I like other songs better than the lead singles for most of her albums.  Such as The One That Got Away, Part Of Me, Teenage Dream, Hot N Cold, Firework and several others that totally rule.  Btw, I also like Harleys in Hawaii.

WhiteWitch
3 hours ago, Red said:

California Gurls 

Roar

I Kissed A Girl 

Chained to the Rhythm 

Woman’s World

Never Really Over (I haaaateeee this song :triggered:)

I’m exactly aligned to this ranking, but I don’t connect with Woman’s World at all either. Never Really Over was the one I wanted to be over because it had the “song that never ends” effect on me. Same with Harley’s in Hawaii. I loved that one initially, but quickly grew tired of hearing that chorus. 

I want to really emphasize that I’m historically a Katy Kat in addition to a Swiftie, Monster, Beyhive, Crazy Kid, and more. But I still personally think that Katy’s music quality has genuinely declined progressively since Prism.

This decline started for me when she turned the dark and witchy performance of Dark Horse into…. Whatever that music video was. Her lyrics have grown more simplistic and irritatingly repetitive with time, and I don’t think her/her team is skilled at choosing singles or marketing in today’s industry. She has not grown with her audience and I’m 30 not 15 anymore. I’m rallying for a comeback, but so far I’m concerned for Katy’s musical prominence. I don’t have high hopes based on this first single. 

I do actually think Witness is underrated and largely the reaction was the felicity effect and a few… choice songs. Bon Appetit somehow grew on me though, not sure how cause I hated it at first. The album was overall a 6.5/10 for me and remains so. Smile was a 3. 

Anderson123

1. Chained To The Rhythm

2. I Kissed A Girl

Meh:

3. Daisies

4. Never Really Over 

5. California Gurls

Delete:

6. Roar

7. Woman's World

Ronk
1 hour ago, WhiteWitch said:

I’m exactly aligned to this ranking, but I don’t connect with Woman’s World at all either. Never Really Over was the one I wanted to be over because it had the “song that never ends” effect on me. Same with Harley’s in Hawaii. I loved that one initially, but quickly grew tired of hearing that chorus. 

I want to really emphasize that I’m historically a Katy Kat in addition to a Swiftie, Monster, Beyhive, Crazy Kid, and more. But I still personally think that Katy’s music quality has genuinely declined progressively since Prism.

This decline started for me when she turned the dark and witchy performance of Dark Horse into…. Whatever that music video was. Her lyrics have grown more simplistic and irritatingly repetitive with time, and I don’t think her/her team is skilled at choosing singles or marketing in today’s industry. She has not grown with her audience and I’m 30 not 15 anymore. I’m rallying for a comeback, but so far I’m concerned for Katy’s musical prominence. I don’t have high hopes based on this first single. 

I do actually think Witness is underrated and largely the reaction was the felicity effect and a few… choice songs. Bon Appetit somehow grew on me though, not sure how cause I hated it at first. The album was overall a 6.5/10 for me and remains so. Smile was a 3. 

I also like Katy's earlier music more than her more recent music generally, but there are exceptions.  I'm also a huge fan of several pop girls and associate with their fan bases.  I think some other artists also haven't grown with the times musically, but a lot of this is to give their fans more of what they know and love, and what they think is expected of them.  They stick with what has worked in the past.

Abramovic

1. I Kissed A Girl 

2. Chained To The Rhythm 

3. Never Really Over

4. California Gurls 

5. Woman’s World 

6. Daisies 

7. Roar (Applause deserved Number 1)

DrKindnessKunt1999

1. California Gurls

2. Never Really Over

3. Chained to the Rhythm