💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Final Edition of The Tortured Poets Department

joannethenight

Featured Posts

Chromatography
1 hour ago, B2theRich33 said:

yea, i haven’t purchased the album at all yea cause im sure blondie will release an edition that has it all together 

she probably won’t though, no edition of midnights has all the songs 

• Like 2

TEANUS

It’s the final version until the post-release deluxe that includes the original tracks, each of the variant bonus tracks, and one new track. Four variants of the deluxe edition btw, collect all the covers and they form a new photo of Taylor that gives you access to the release date of Rep TV

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
  • LMAO 7

Versace

I’m so confused by this fan base. Sometimes I see comments wishing Gaga did similar things to Taylor then I see comments mad and over Taylor releasing multiple versions. You guys need to remember that a huge part of music is the collecting/collectors aspect, sadly this is being forgotten due to streaming. Many of us bought the two diff covers of TFM even though we already had the TF, same thing with BTW and its deluxe. Taylor could release 10 versions of the same album and it may not be your thing but guess what somebody will be happy about it and that’s all that should matter imo. 

• LMAO 1
  • Thanks 2

sexy
8 minutes ago, Versace said:

I’m so confused by this fan base. Sometimes I see comments wishing Gaga did similar things to Taylor then I see comments mad and over Taylor releasing multiple versions. You guys need to remember that a huge part of music is the collecting/collectors aspect, sadly this is being forgotten due to streaming. Many of us bought the two diff covers of TFM even though we already had the TF, same thing with BTW and its deluxe. Taylor could release 10 versions of the same album and it may not be your thing but guess what somebody will be happy about it and that’s all that should matter imo. 

the major difference is these are not "10 versions of the same album" – they're different versions with different bonus songs, and it's a pretty brazen way to increase her first-week sales because the thinking is "diehard fans" will shell out the money to buy 4 copies. 

it's also telling that there are exactly 4 versions – i.e. the max number of copies that Billboard allows one person to buy of the same album before it counts as one sale. If she released one more bonus version, then a fan who buys all 5 versions would only count as one unit. If they buy all 4, that counts as 4 units. 

this is different than releasing a ton of alternate covers of the same album (which she also does, but I think people have less of an issue with that). In this case, she's purposefully avoiding releasing a complete body of work to boost her chart success, when she'll definitely release it all together after the album's already out and she's snagged another 1+ million debut week.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 7

Ladle Ghoulash

We are PERCHt for The Spiritually Excoriated Poets Bi-Monthly Book Club Meeting (We Had to Change to the Second and Fourth Wednesdays Because Carol Anne Couldn’t Get a Sitter): The Queefer Edition

• LMAO 4

HelloHangoverz
27 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

she probably won’t though, no edition of midnights has all the songs 

Exactly, if she puts everything on one edition then there's no incentive to keep spending money after you buy it

If you suck d!ck like me you not buckin on me neither and that’s just that!

Ladle Ghoulash
2 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

Exactly, if she puts everything on one edition then there's no incentive to keep spending money after you buy it

One thing I love this that I won’t be buying a single version ♥️

• LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1

HelloHangoverz
Just now, Ladle Ghoulash said:

One thing I love this that I won’t be buying a single version ♥️

2010 called - it would like its DEEPLY sexist joke back :stalkga:

• LMAO 2

ActualPatient

i love you taylor but this is looking as grubby as online game items (in-app purchases) with multiple variants and marginal differences only designed to exploit collectors and whales. except that's the only way freemium/f2p games earn money anyway.

the more expensive it gets, the greater the FOMO for fans with less spending power, and the less happy they'll be. do you really need all that marginal cash...

good thing I don't purchase physical media (yet). 

Edited by chuck
  • Thanks 2

Ladle Ghoulash
4 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

2010 called - it would like its DEEPLY sexist joke back :stalkga:

“What happened to women supporting women?” 😔

• LMAO 3

HelloHangoverz
Just now, Ladle Ghoulash said:

“What happened to women supporting women?” 😔

Tortured Poets Department (The Regressive Joke Edition featuring Kelly 'In The Sense That' Osbourne The FINAL FINAL Edition out SOON)

• LMAO 3

RebeldeFaith
2 hours ago, River said:

The cover pic is a try hard to be like Florence lol

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought about it. It's like she tries to absorb the artistic image of other artists she collabs with.

Edited by RebeldeFaith
Something something idk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
2 hours ago, Versace said:

Well I hope those people aren’t the same people who cried and dramatized Gaga’s capitalism comment :vegas:

tbh it’s just weird there’s only ONE different song and you need to eventually pay $15 for a single song. I don’t think Gaga would ever do something like that tbh. Just feels greedy. Her label probably suggested and she went along with it. 

Sneaky Oliver

This should have been the official cover art tbh (even though it’s that impressive)

I’m on my Legacy Act era
  • Thanks 1

Flippy
5 hours ago, matteonster said:

I would have preferred this visual for the official album cover, it looks really cool :firega:

Agreed! This album cover is everything! :bradley:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • Love 1