💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Bradley: I considered Adele or Bey before landing on GaGa for ASIB

dit

Featured Posts

MOT
17 hours ago, MOT said:

So Bradley originally was going with Beyonce but it didn't work out, and he considered Adele, and he eventually went ahead with Gaga, and I don't know if he's religious, but if he is I'd guess he falls to his knees and thanks God most nights because that was a spectacularly brilliant decision.

Just to clarify and to remind anyone who's forgotten ..... the movie was a huge hit, critically and at the box office. It got eight Oscar noms, including best picture, best actor, best actress (that would be Gaga) and best supporting actor, and one Oscar win for best original song. That song was called Shallow, it was an enormous worldwide hit and it wasn't written or performed by either Beyonce or Adele. One of the strongest aspects of the movie was the chemistry between the two co-stars, it all but leapt off the screen, and Beyonce and Adele were nowhere to be seen. The chances of Bradley even approaching the same level of success with either Beyonce or Adele would have been very slim.

52 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

iirc the movie would have looked a bit different with beyonce so I’m not sure what we’d have seen

Absolutely we don't know what the movie would have been like with Beyonce (or Adele), but it would certainly have been different, and that's probably not good news. Put it this way : when Bradley and Gaga started filming they started at zero, i.e. they were making a movie which probably wouldn't be a major hit (just like every other movie). It did turn out to be a major hit with Gaga, but that doesn't change the fact that Beyonce or Adele would still have been starting at zero, with a movie that probably wouldn't be a major hit. 

Ziggy
6 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

shallow is the most awarded song in history , having all the prestigious awards to prove it. plus I'm not sure about the stats but I know it sold over 10 million units in less than a few years. Shallow is definitely a comparable hit.

I’m talking about cultural impact. Like I don’t think we can realistically call these comparable hits. By Gaga standards, Bad Romance or Pokerface are genuinely comparable hits. It’s not just numbers it’s about the felt impact of the songs. Like I said, I Will Always Love You is just a song that reached beyond being a hit. It’s a multi-generational phenomenon. I’ve never even seen bodyguard. I was born after it came out. My first access to Whitney was that final chorus being the quintessential epic song. Shallow just ain’t quite that. It’s big but it’s not *that. Basically nothing is! Except for My Heart Will Go On hahaha 

GagaGame

Wait yall didn't know this?

"I live halfway between reality and fantasy at all times"

Long time lurker, first time poster... please be nice!! :ohno:

Came across another recent video of Bradley talking about ASIB in greater detail for those interested. Video is timestamped (around the 42 min mark)

Some highlights that I haven't heard/read before:
- He described going over to Beyonce's house, they developed it for a year before she dropped out
- His pitch for the version with Adele was for it to be more like a comedy
- The Oscars performance started with them coming out of their seats because he was too nervous to come in from the side of the stage

Edited by miqtps
  • Love 1

killme89

Poor Gaga she’s always low key taking hits , now the B fans are running with this twitter. 

• Sad 1